New 2D Persona fighting game from the GG/BB guys!

So who's picking this up on Aug 7th? I'm kind of broke, so I probably won't get it on release day, but I'll definitely buy it sooner or later.

I might get this. It looks great a fighting RPG with a satanic story line. Sounds like my cup of tea. I'm going to play Blazblue for a while to see if I can get use to the movement. If I can I will be buying this game. It looks awesome!

and this video which has two other follow up videos for those of you who would rather not read.

Persona 4 Arena Tutorial Part 2
Persona 4 Arena Tutorial Part 3

Reviews so far

IGN — 9/10
EGM Now — 8.5/10
BloodBurger — 4.5/5.
GamesRadar — 4.5/5
GameTrailers — 9/10
Destructoid — 9/10
Dual Pixels — 9/10
GameRevolution — 4/5

helpful links for the game
Hitboxes!
Wiki!

Last edited:
I really really loved P4. It's one of my top 5 games actually. Unfortunately, money right now is going towards a few other things first but I will be getting this game at some point. Glad to see it's getting really good reviews. If you guys seriously haven't played P4 on the PS2, you're REALLY missing out.

We have it, it's pretty fun so far. Gonna mess around some more.

It's simple to pick up, but as you learn it gets more advanced.

I'm loving it so far. I just finished all of the characters story modes. I do have one complaint though.

Mitsuru is OP as fvck. She needs to be patched.

I thought I was going to be maining Kanji since he's one of my top 3 favorites in the show, but it looks like a Yosuke fighter. I do decently well with him I think (this being my first time really playing a game like this. I played Blazblue in November but I really wasn't into gaming at the time so I didn't give it a chance) so I'll be practicing with him more than anyone. I'm alright with The King Pin of Steel: Yu, as well.

Not to many people here seem to know about Persona. I love it, P4 being my favorite. I can't wait to play as Yu Narukami (or Shoji, which ever you prefer) and kick some Aegis ass! Kanji looks like a ****ing beast too.

As Drakilla said, Persona bases itself around Japanese Gods, Demons and other spiritual stuff. Each character gets their own Persona and their Persona gets its own special ability such as the main characters main Persona in P4 (gotta say main persona cause he's the Fool Tarot 0. He can have as many personas as he wants. He can even mix them too) is Izanagi, a Japanese god. Izanagi's ability is lightning. Yosakes Persona Jiraiya's ability is wind. Yukiko's persona, Konohana Sakuya's ability is fire (I hope you're not confused by this).

Kanji is gonna kick some major ass in this game. I already know it.
Persona_4_Take-Mikazuchi.jpg

Oh man, it's crazy how much I've changed since this post.

I'm literally the exact OPPOSITE now. I love playing as Aigis and kicking some Yu ass.

Do you really like 4 over 3

Honestly, at the time I posted that, I never even played P3 lol. I had it, but never played it. That post is 2 years old too btw.

Like I said, I'm the complete opposite on everything in that post now.

P3 > P4

Aigis > Yu

Akihiko > Kanji

PSN is way overdue for some P4/P4A avatars. How hard is it to take a render, cut the background, make it into a .png file and upload it to the playstation store?

The answer is: not hard at all. I can cut out the background of a render and make it a png in 10 seconds. Not hard at all. I'd love an Aki and Aigis avatar. Getting bored with my Lilith one and there's no other ones I feel like using.

The isn't so much the difficulty of making avatars, but the cost/hassle of hosting them on on PSN/Xbox Live. If they wanted to release avatars, they should have done it during a first first month of the P4A's release, since the first few months is where a game peaks in both sales and people actively playing. It's too late now, but they'll have their second chance when Ultimax Suplex Hold is released.