Secret charcters in umk3.

Noob and Rain were never playable in the Arcade version of UMK3. There were no Brutalities either. Those were only added to the 16-bit ports of the game (possibly to make up for the removal of Sheeva and Animalities), and MK Trilogy.

The Pit 3 should be there, but The Bank was removed after MK3. It reappeared in MK Trilogy with a new carpet. :p

Not exactly true about Noob. He was playable in the Wavenet version of UMK3. So, if you lived in Chicago, you could play as Noob.

Well i only have one controller, soo i can't even input the codes... so yea, not only is the game wicked hard, i can;t ever unlock hidden fighters without shelling out another 50 bucks for another controller.

Pawn shops sell them roughly half price, just make sure ou mess with all the buttons and make sure they work. If they have a PS3 you might even be able to test it first. Hope that helps.

If you're looking for a video on these I made one recently showing all the kodes for anyone interested.

I have not posted here in a while, but I figured I would chime in on this.

The secret characters refuse to unlock in MKAK for me as well. I even verified I was using the correct code by going back and unlocking Classic Sub-Zero in the original UMK3 they put on XBLA.

The code I used and the symbols that appeared on screen after inputting were exactly the same on both. But as I said only unlocked in the UMK3 not part of MKAK.

Perhaps it is a selective bug like some of the others in MKAK? I know some folks have had to finish the ladders multiple times for the achievement to pop. Took me one on MK1, two on MKII, and I expect (and kind of hope) it takes three for UMK3. :p

I have not posted here in a while, but I figured I would chime in on this.

The secret characters refuse to unlock in MKAK for me as well. I even verified I was using the correct code by going back and unlocking Classic Sub-Zero in the original UMK3 they put on XBLA.

The code I used and the symbols that appeared on screen after inputting were exactly the same on both. But as I said only unlocked in the UMK3 not part of MKAK.

Perhaps it is a selective bug like some of the others in MKAK? I know some folks have had to finish the ladders multiple times for the achievement to pop. Took me one on MK1, two on MKII, and I expect (and kind of hope) it takes three for UMK3. :p

Hmm... the symbols really shouldn't look the same on both if you're entering them exactly the same way. The original XBLA version has HP and HK switched around for the purposes of entering the UKKs (i.e. HK controls the first box). For the kodes to be right on both versions, the symbols would look the same while the inputs would be different.

Hmm... the symbols really shouldn't look the same on both if you're entering them exactly the same way. The original XBLA version has HP and HK switched around for the purposes of entering the UKKs (i.e. HK controls the first box). For the kodes to be right on both versions, the symbols would look the same while the inputs would be different.
Perhaps I was mistaken then. Since you only see the all the symbols for a few seconds. Are you saying each version uses separate codes? Or that the symbols just shouldn't match up across the original XBLA release and MKAK?

The code I used to unlocked Classic Sub-Zero on UMK3 is as follows: HPx5, LPx1, BLx8, LKx3, HKx8.
That code, and the other UKKs, do not work in MKAK for me. I've tried multiple times to no avail.

The symbols should be the same on both, the only thing different is the inputs that are used to generate them.

The code I used to unlocked Classic Sub-Zero on UMK3 is as follows: HPx5, LPx1, BLx8, LKx3, HKx8.
That code, and the other UKKs, do not work in MKAK for me. I've tried multiple times to no avail.

Yeah, see, the original code is actually 8-1-8-3-5. The version of the code you're using is the one with HP and HK switched around that only works on the XBLA version of UMK3. Check out that link to our UMK3 FAQ to see what the codes are actually supposed to be in the original arcade version. ;)

The symbols should be the same on both, the only thing different is the inputs that are used to generate them.

Yeah, see, the original code is actually 8-1-8-3-5. The version of the code you're using is the one with HP and HK switched around that only works on the XBLA version of UMK3. Check out that link to our UMK3 FAQ to see what the codes are actually supposed to be in the original arcade version. ;)
Ohh, I see what you are saying now! I wouldn't have known that since the first time I ever got to play UMK3 was on XBLA. I only ever had MK3.

Well, I just tried out the code for Classic Sub-Zero you provided and it worked perfectly. I imagine the other two will as well. Thank you, DCR! Have I mentioned I love you? :p