Fatality problem on MK2/UMK3

Noob Saibot 2011

I can easily do fatalitys on MK1. I do them most of the time. However that is not the case with MK2 and UMK3. I easily pull off what the code tells me to at the correct distance and it doesnt work. Kinda annoyed because i have yet to do a friendship on this game. :/

I'll have to agree with you on this one, the hit boxes seem to be huge, but the fatality execution distance/time constraints seem to be really small. I must say, something went terribly wrong with these ports.

For Babalities and friendships in MK2, you can only use kicks.

For these finishers in UMK3, you cannot block.

can you tell me what other finishers you are having problems with?

I'll have to agree with you on this one, the hit boxes seem to be huge, but the fatality execution distance/time constraints seem to be really small. I must say, something went terribly wrong with these ports.

In these old games, the time to do the fatalities have always been short, and the distances and exection time are much stricter than in the more recent mks

edit: some tips

to get the correct distances like jump or sweep, practice and see how far these distances are. Like see how far a sweep will hit to get the sweep distance. For jump, find out how far you need to be by jump toward your opponent and landing directly in front of him. Best to practice with two players, either with someone or just having the 2nd player on, not with the computer.

For some fatalities where you have to hold a button and then do a sequence of moves, you have to let go of the button your holding to do the fatal. For example Sub Zero's ice grenade in mk2, inputs are hold lp, b, b, d, f at fullscreen. To do it you have to let go of lp after the final input to perform this fatality.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention animalities.

To do them you have to be in the third round and perform a mercy during the finish him. To perform a mercy you hold run, press down down down, then release run. Then beat you opponent again then do the animality inputs at the second finish him.