The OFFICIAL Other Ocean / NRS MKAK issues thread (video encouraged!)

Johnny_Cage

Please read this thread before posting!!

Before making any replies, let me make this clear. This thread IS not about a bashing session nor a venting session. This thread is about posting videos showcasing the glitches and things wrong with the MK: Arcade Kollection release so our friends at Other Ocean / NRS can see what we are talking about better and have a far better way of getting this sorted out.

ONLY reply if you are showing actual evidence of video, audio glitches or if you have any other glitches to report. If you are typing out a reported glitch, be thorough about everything (right down to what character fought against what character).

ABSOLUTELY NO rudeness or impoliteness is going to be tolerated in this thread.
Mods, if you feel the need please sticky this thread so we can get a POSITIVE start on getting these things hammered out in a professional and polite manner.

The 2 things I noticed were:

The music when fighting Goro in Goro's Lair stops working, right after the duh duh duh intro. I was playing as Scorpion, on very easy difficulty, with the smooth filter. This was on Xbox 360.

The other thing is there is not "boxart" on the Xbox dashboard. It now has the regular MK9 boxart. This might seem nit-picky, but they do have official artwork for it.

Good find about the art work. Let's keep putting up more of these findings, in video or post format. Remember be detailed my friends, let's see what we can come up with.

Hey guys I took out my old copy of Mortal Kombat Armagedon The Premium Addition that came out for PS2 back in 2006 if I remember of something..I realized that it came with UMK3 which looks way better full screen and Arcade Perfect although there no online play on it..and the sounds are sweet and crisp...and it all Full screen which looks better...My point here is that this game Armagedon game out way back in 2006 which also contained UMK3,Arcade Perfect as a bonus for purchasing the premium addition. so how is it that if they already had a perfect Arcade version made for UMK3 on PS2 why couldnt they just swap the thing on the PSN for PS3 for this Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection..its kinda making the PS3 look bad and PS2 better if you ask me... if PS2 was able to handle it without any problems why couldnt they just swap it over to the PS3 how hard could that be? And its full Screen which looks way better then the MKAK its like all they had to do was just transfer the dam game over to the PS3 and add the online options they are using for the MKAK THATS IT! SIMPLE..HELLO!

Last edited:
I'm afraid I don't have capturing equipment at the time, but there is a glitch that I have been consistently encountering involving Kintaro on MK2. As soon as the match starts if you continue to press LP, HP, LP, HP ect over and over he simply stops moving, then appears at the top of the screen before the game freezes up. I'm not sure if this is a glitch that was found in the arcade or not. If I recall correctly, you could do the LP,HP over and over again and wait for time to run out (granted you got the first hit) and win the match. This was an old school trick so I'm not sure if this is because of the Kollection.

When you beat Shang Tsung in MK1 he like shoots out all the characters real fast and there names never fully come and it cycles through them more than once. Just something weird I noticed.

Haven't noticed anything yet with MK2, only thing I noticed with MK3 was Scorpion not finishing this "get over here" line. I've spent more time with MK1 so far, so I don' t have much at the moment for the others.

There is no wins tracking for all the MKs while playing online, and no Kombat Kodes for MK3 online.

Other than the netcode being crappy, that is about it for now

oh, and if it matters, this was all on the ps3.

Last edited:
Hey guys I took out my old copy of Mortal Kombat Armagedon The Premium Addition that came out for PS2 back in 2006 if I remember of something..I realized that it came with UMK3 which looks way better full screen and Arcade Perfect although there no online play on it..and the sounds are sweet and crisp...and it all Full screen which looks better...My point here is that this game Armagedon game out way back in 2006 which also contained UMK3,Arcade Perfect as a bonus for purchasing the premium addition. so how is it that if they already had a perfect Arcade version made for UMK3 on PS2 why couldnt they just swap the thing on the PSN for PS3 for this Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection..its kinda making the PS3 look bad and PS2 better if you ask me... if PS2 was able to handle it without any problems why couldnt they just swap it over to the PS3 how hard could that be? And its full Screen which looks way better then the MKAK its like all they had to do was just transfer the dam game over to the PS3 and add the online options they are using for the MKAK THATS IT! SIMPLE..HELLO!

This thread isn't for venting, it's for the purpose of reporting known problems in detail.
Please read the main thread before replying.... thank you kindly! :)

@Reptile329, good find! Pretty nice to know.
@CraftyCheese, that's normal. He does shoot the characters out very fast, nothing has changed with this. Confirmed on MAME and on the cabinet.
As for better stats tracking, I don't think there's any way to really fix that. But the leaderboards that are on there now don't seem too bad. I suppose that is all about preference.

--
Any other bugs or glitches / fixes please post them here, and again, when you email Other Ocean or NRS, please copy / paste the link to this thread.
We all know lag is an issue, as well, so there's no reason to be redundant upon that.

This thread isn't for venting, it's for the purpose of reporting known problems in detail.

I understand I wrote this in the wrong headline if there is a way to transfer this to the MKAK heading please let me know thank you :)

@CraftyCheese, that's normal. He does shoot the characters out very fast, nothing has changed with this. Confirmed on MAME and on the cabinet.

Never knew that. I've never beat the arcade game, only the SNES one. In that version he does it real slow like, so I just didn't know.

It's OK! I'm an arcade nut.. I live on MK arcade... lol. So that's why I'm here.

Same here. I've only owned one arcade cabinet, and it's an MK1. Well a glitch that happily made it to this release from the arcade is the two head Johnny Cage fatality. Also the jump in the sky right before the Goro fight is here.

wouldn't give me the UMK3 achievement until after restarting the game altogether. It finally gave it to me in the 3rd run through the ladder.

mk2 when you finish it the audio is all kinds of messed up, seems to miss a note of two or it slows down. I dont want to go back and play it again, ive finished it twice this year, thats enough torture for me. The goros lair music is utter ********. The audio has cut out on all the games for scorpions get over here. I was just playing UMK3 and it didnt say get over here at all. I will try and record some videos of it. I doubt NRS or Other Ocean will do anything about it to be honest. The game cost $10. Theres some annoying glitches in the game but to be fair off line the game plays pretty solid. I just dont understand how theyve managed to do nearly arcade perfect ports before and fail on this. It seems like they started making the HD remake, it got cancelled and they left it with some annoying programming bugs like newly recorded clapping audio in the courtyard

Has anyone gotten the character codes to work in UMK3? When I try the code commands they do not respond on the 2nd player controller at all.. WTF?!

Has anyone else experienced this? This is so wrong to even be released.

Has anyone gotten the character codes to work in UMK3? When I try the code commands they do not respond on the 2nd player controller at all.. WTF?!

Has anyone else experienced this? This is so wrong to even be released.

yeah you have to have used the second controller at least once or else it won't register the inputs, so start a 2-player versus game and kill the second player. Continue to the arcade ladder and immediately lose, taking you to the code input screen.

what a mess...

Upon resuming a game from the pause menu, it will often not let me make any inputs for about a second, just long enough for someone to kill me or for the fatality time to run out.

move list can only be seen while fight is active - it can't be viewed between rounds or between matches. You can't even view it before you hear the announcer finish saying "fight"

filters "paint 1" and "paint 2" appear to be exactly the same

Use the edit button, please, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon resuming a game from the pause menu, it will often not let me make any inputs for about a second, just long enough for someone to kill me or for the fatality time to run out.

This is 100% confirmed by many

However I would like to add that you can still imput buttons, just not actual directional movement. Basicly up, down, left, and right are the four buttons that do not work upon resuming from checking the moves list. (need confirmed)

Also Shang's MK2 reptile morph says to "Hold RT, U, D, release X" in the moves list. Idk if they meant to do that, but it never said to hold X b4 block.

UMK3 combos are not accurate, example Smoke's 3rd combo, there is a directional movement need during this combo, so I checked others and I don't believe they included directional movements in combos

MK2 i can not get passed the 2nd character on VERY EASY, and I'm not a beginner mortal kombat player whatsoever

I have no video capture device either, so sorry for no video confirmations

Here's what i can think of right now...

MK1

--Monk clapping noise in the Courtyard stage is not the same as the arcade version. Sounds newly recorded, and out of place
--Announcer voice is often cut off....instead of "Scorpion Wins", you'll hear "Scorpion Wi" or something like that
--Uppercut sound is very weak

MK2

--Subzero's ice ball sound is choppy
--Odd out of place sound is heard when you land from a jump
--Music that plays during the end game credits is glitchy and resets
--Random select doesnt work on character selection screen

UMK3

--VS Codes in 2 player matches dont seem to work at all..???
--Smokes spear has a visual glitch where it seems to fly across the screen at times
--Unable to link combos well, something seems "off"...like animation timing or something, cant explain
--Crashed hard when i was in the main menu for UMK3 changing settings. Had to power off my PS3

All 3 Games

--AI often attacks before the word "Fight" is said or off screen
--When you unpause after viewing the move list, you often cant move for 2-3 seconds
--Online play is horribly laggy
--In the menu where you are selecting the game you want to play when you press the control pad from side to side to change games, its often unresponsive and takes several presses to get it to change games
--AI difficulty setting doesnt seem to do anything. AI is the same no matter what difficulty you choose