MK and Machinima Directors, IGN, and some commentators

iViTal

so when MK9 was released Alot of machinima directors made series of videos for MK9, telling people the basics and how to play certain Kombatants. and the thing that kinda makes me mad is that they try to give you the basics of they game like there the best of the best and most of them dont know what there talking about... And one commentator stood out though. His name was Brysi he had a online match of him spamming smoke Bombs and teleports with smoke and he try'd to encourage other players to do like wise with smoke, when i first got the game i was clueless but i know for a fact spamming is not honorable, And it makes me kinda confuzzled when they make guides for characters because they dont mention Key things like Mix-ups, Block strings, etc.. The only fighting term they know is "combo". There more to fighters than just combo's.

Now Lets move to IGN.

IGN made a sub channel for MK9. The channel lasted for a month at most, IGN imo are the worst at gaming reviews, Hands on demo demonstrators, I only watch there review for a good laugh, and when i watch there mk9 review the guy gave mk9 a 8.0 its not a bad score but he deducted points because you could use the same tricks to beat a boss ( Goro, kintoro, shang, shao) and that one simple thing droped mk9 from a 10 to an 8.. But if it was CoD 10+++ Y'know?

My Point is that they only spend like a Month showing off MK9 and they go straight back to CoD Or any other Mainstream FPS games, It would be cool to sponsor some of our TRMK members who post decent combos and online matches..

Forget IGN, most of people in video game journalism don't understand fighting games. They like to throw around buzz-words like "deep" and "button-mashers" but never get around to describing specifics that make the games the way they are. Dedicated fighting game forums, especially those that gear towards tourney play, are your best bet if you want to learn about the game. However, I will admit Gamefront's MK9 guides are nice for those who want to know the basics.

Last edited:
Forget IGN, most of people in video game journalism don't understand fighting games. They like like to throw around buzz-words like "deep" and "button-mashers" but never get around to describing specifics that make the games the way they are. Dedicated fighting game forums, especially those that gear towards tourney play, are your best bet if you want to learn about the game. However, I will admit Gamefront's MK9 guides are nice for those who want to know the basics.

Yea, They really dont and i didnt bash gamefront because one video helped me out alot :eek:

Ikr.. Watch how BF3 gets a 8.0 then CoD:mw3 gets a 10..

Ugh, unfortunately your right. BF3 is 10000x better than MW3, and yet IGN is going to give BF3 the lower score. :???:

But it doesn't surprise me now. I also don't care what other people think, if I like something I like it regardless what others think.

Ugh, unfortunately your right. BF3 is 10000x better than MW3, and yet IGN is going to give BF3 the lower score. :???:

But it doesn't surprise me now. I also don't care what other people think, if I like something I like it regardless what others think.

50 Cent Blood on the Sand is an awesome game and extremely looked down on. I play it all the time.

so when MK9 was released Alot of machinima directors made series of videos for MK9, telling people the basics and how to play certain Kombatants. and the thing that kinda makes me mad is that they try to give you the basics of they game like there the best of the best and most of them dont know what there talking about... And one commentator stood out though. His name was Brysi he had a online match of him spamming smoke Bombs and teleports with smoke and he try'd to encourage other players to do like wise with smoke, when i first got the game i was clueless but i know for a fact spamming is not honorable, And it makes me kinda confuzzled when they make guides for characters because they dont mention Key things like Mix-ups, Block strings, etc.. The only fighting term they know is "combo". There more to fighters than just combo's.

Now Lets move to IGN.

IGN made a sub channel for MK9. The channel lasted for a month at most, IGN imo are the worst at gaming reviews, Hands on demo demonstrators, I only watch there review for a good laugh, and when i watch there mk9 review the guy gave mk9 a 8.0 its not a bad score but he deducted points because you could use the same tricks to beat a boss ( Goro, kintoro, shang, shao) and that one simple thing droped mk9 from a 10 to an 8.. But if it was CoD 10+++ Y'know?

My Point is that they only spend like a Month showing off MK9 and they go straight back to CoD Or any other Mainstream FPS games, It would be cool to sponsor some of our TRMK members who post decent combos and online matches..

I think you are really jealous of brysi because he has a cool mk9 song that is popular, and you dont have anything like that ahahah

IGN is so dumb.
They kannot review games for their life.

And isn't their job to review games? How do you suck at that.