Should MK4 have been included along with MK:AK?

MK9Scorpion2011

hey guys should MK4 been included with this MKAK personally I said yes not very many people were fans of MK4 I think it was one of the best games along with 1 2 and 3 and of course UMK3...but since MK4 was a classic Arcade release, I think it should have also been included with this Arcade collection being released Aug 30 what do you guys think? I mean we've never had an Arcade perfect MK4 game released on the PSN or XBox Live at all. Oh and MK Gold does not count because it wasn't arcade perfect.

Off course.
Mk4 is arcade after all, is 3D, but arcade.
Besides that, in where plataform we can play that game, even in mame doesnt work well, i have only the PC version of the game, but the disk is skrached and i dont know how much time longer the cd resist.
In case that mk4 comes inda future, i dont know what version like the most.
Mk4 arcade/ mk4 PC (whit goro) or MKGOLD.

It'd be nice to have MK Gold included for posterity sake if nothing else.
Not MK Gold though because MK Gold was not an Arcade Counterpart..you want to get that Arcade feeling so why not MK4 Revision 3? I think that would be awesome to also have a perfect MK4 Arcade game on your PSN or XBOX LIVE in your own household. I personally thought it was a great game and we've never had an Arcade perfect version of it released...would be nice if they released one as DLC for MK9 or MKAK.

I think mk 1 and 3 were classics. I can see why 2 is in there cuz its between 1 and 3 but i don't consider 4 a classic.

Absolutely to answer your question. MK4 has not aged well at all. My conspiracy theories is for a later release. Possible MK10 will be followed bye MK4 release. My other theories are how Konami refuses to rerelease MGS1 Silent Hill 1 in upcoming rereleases is because graphics look very terrible and too pixelated for 720 ip 1080 ip hd televisions. But yea MK4 should b in package.

It would've been cool, but not really necessary.

It makes a lot more sense just to release MK, MKII and UMK3 right now, since MK9 rebooted THAT particular story line.

yeah likely MK10 will be a retelling/alternate version of Part 4 and beyond. So i'm betting a couple years

Ah...let's not go that far. I'm totally cool with MK10 being a retelling of MK4, which is probably kind of what's going to happen...but NRS should start writing other stories after that, not rehashing stories from mediocre games.

Ah...let's not go that far. I'm totally cool with MK10 being a retelling of MK4, which is probably kind of what's going to happen...but NRS should start writing other stories after that, not rehashing stories from mediocre games.
The problem is a lot of mainstream critics Blasted how crazy and cartoony MKDA and beyond got. I remember thinking it was not fair How they loved to trash MK and was always very praisefull of other fighting series. But maybe they are right. NRS/MIDWAY seemed to have there prime years 1992 thru 1997. The story got kind of ridiculous. Maybe there out of ideas. Id like to see them Develop a non MK game like boon has prehinted at someday

Yeah, it would've been nice to see MK4 in this kollection, since it is the last true arcade MK. Too bad it won't make the cut.

Although I have a hunch that MK4 will be re-released some time in the future. Like, what if MK4 (arcade perfect) was re-released in 3D on the 3DS? Anyone ever think of that possibility? Or am I just that insane? :laugh:

No

mk1, mk2 was good games mk3 was bad thats why it isnt in this bundle
i would like if they remastered mk4 and mk gold and put them in one bundle

in other words keep it to the classics

Yep, MK4 should've been part of this collection, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. MKAK is still a must-buy for me.

Hopefully we'll eventually see an add-on or a separate release of MK4 on PSN/XBLA/Steam.

UMk3 came out in 1995 fyi

MK4 isnt in this release because 13-14 years later, the MK4 Arcade Revision 3.0 has still never been fully emulated. The Zeus hardware is very tricky, which is crazy to think about since this is again, 13-14 years later.

Also, the world needs THE GRID on XBLA & PSN. (also another game made on that Zeus hardware!)