Should MK4 have been included along with MK:AK?

MK4 not being there has nothing to do with the game being Zeus or whatever. It isn't there because it doesn't belong there, with the legitimately 2D games. 1-2 and 3 marked an era... an era that was broken by MK4, even if it was an arcade game. It just belongs in a different category.

MK4 not being there has nothing to do with the game being Zeus or whatever. It isn't there because it doesn't belong there, with the legitimately 2D games. 1-2 and 3 marked an era... an era that was broken by MK4, even if it was an arcade game. It just belongs in a different category.

You do understand that these are gonna be emulated versions of the arcade games, right?

I think it should have. I understand why it is just these 3 in it though. But if they saved 4 for a later time, then I think they made a mistake. I don't think MK4 will sell that well by itself. I liked MK4, and playing it again recently, it isn't that bad and some of the things they say when being thrown and stuff I think it is funny. But it should have been apart of this Kollection since it did start out in the arcades.

are you guys ever satisfied? the games not even out yet and your already complaining.

Last edited:
I don't think its all that complicated. They just wantd 2 put out the 1st 3 mortal kombats.

Nevermind, you two are correct. Cant get nothing pass the all knowing...

I think the problem here is the title of the kollection..."MK Arcade Kollection". This implies that MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, & MK4 would be included. (I would totally love for this to have been the Kollection in its pure arcade form.) However, I'm grateful that we are getting what we are getting!!!

I was at the PDP tournament and spoke with Ed Boon and a senior manager from PDP. Long story short, they implied that MK4 could be added to the kollection at a later time. My guess would be when MK10 comes out which makes sense.

However, I think that MK3 should be in this kollection, yes UMK3 is the completed version of the game, but there are some elements in MK3 that were really cool that we wont get to see in UMK3.

Just my $0.02 :)

Yes they should have included it, i can easily just download all of the games on MAME.Nothing special about this release, even a programmer who knows his basics can put all the first 3 mk games into a collection and sell it including the mulitplayer. This is just an easy way to grab cash. It's not even in HD this shows how much work they put in releasing this collection.

I think the problem here is the title of the kollection..."MK Arcade Kollection". This implies that MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, & MK4 would be included. (I would totally love for this to have been the Kollection in its pure arcade form.) However, I'm grateful that we are getting what we are getting!!!

I was at the PDP tournament and spoke with Ed Boon and a senior manager from PDP. Long story short, they implied that MK4 could be added to the kollection at a later time. My guess would be when MK10 comes out which makes sense.

However, I think that MK3 should be in this kollection, yes UMK3 is the completed version of the game, but there are some elements in MK3 that were really cool that we wont get to see in UMK3.

Just my $0.02 :)
THANK You! Thats exactly the problem here they are all Mortal Kombat Arcade Classics regardless. The Title does say MK Arcade Collection so it should have been released with this collection as well.I totally agree it would have been nice if they did indeed include MK3 and 4 in this collection so we can have a pure Arcade collection game...for those of you that dont know I tweeted Boon which goes by Noobde on via twitter yesterday and this is what he tweeted back in regards to MK4 not being in this collection:

RT @MK9Scorpion2011 MK4 was released in the arcades so it should have been included with this collection it was an Awesome game! Noobde: and MK3?

I think he was implying that MK3 was not included also so why should MK4 be included...im like we are already getting UMK3

Another fan tweeted Noobde (Ed Boon) on Via Twitter saying a similar statement regarding MK4 this is what Ed Boon had to say:

RT @Major_kenny@noobde how much will it cost? And why no MK4? :( Noobde: Yea, and where is MK5, MK6, MK7, MK8, and for that matter MK9?

I think he was being sarcastic i think in a funny way of course 5,6,7,8 wouldnt be released because they wernt Arcade classics common sense lol although it would be a great idea if they later indeed release MK4 Revision 3 along with MK3 as DLC for this game being released today although I wouldnt want to wait another 2 years for it when they decide to release MK10 :(

Last edited:
No, I don't think MK4 should have been added to the Arcade Kollection.
Now, this is a little biased because I absolutely HATE HATE HATE :x MK4.
But come on, It's for the Klassics. MK1, MK2, UMK3.. that's it.
MK4 is where they turned shit 3D and killed off alot of people and added in new, generic ones.

No, I don't think MK4 should have been added to the Arcade Kollection.
Now, this is a little biased because I absolutely HATE HATE HATE :x MK4.
But come on, It's for the Klassics. MK1, MK2, UMK3.. that's it.
MK4 is where they turned shit 3D and killed off alot of people and added in new, generic ones.
Well thats easy...Dont Play It...even if they did release as DLC for Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection dont buy it and or dont play it

UMK3 is the finished version of MK3. I still dont understand why it was released to console and it should have never been released as its own entity.

Well thats easy...Dont Play It...even if they did release as DLC for Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection dont buy it and or dont play it

This is a debate, I can offer my opinion.
I don't think MK4 is worthy of being DLC either, It was made for the Klassics and MK4 was made right after the original games were made.
Kinda like (hate making this comparison) The first three Star Wars (4,5, and 6) being released on Blu-ray then trying to say Star Wars 1 should be included too

I'm sorry but I'm getting sick and tired of people bashing MK4. Most of you weren't even old enough to play the game in the arcade when it came out. Did the game age well? No not really but at the time it was pretty ground breaking. If you don't like it, don't play it. You can't deny the games place in MK history.

I look at MK4 like this...Rocky 5 was the weakest movie of the series but that's only because Rocky 1-4 were extraordinary. By itself, Rocky 5 was a pretty good movie that was overshadowed by the previous Rocky movies. The same logic applies to MK4.

I'm sorry but I'm getting sick and tired of people bashing MK4. Most of you weren't even old enough to play the game in the arcade when it came out. Did the game age well? No not really but at the time it was pretty ground breaking. If you don't like it, don't play it. You can't deny the games place in MK history.

I look at MK4 like this...Rocky 5 was the weakest movie of the series but that's only because Rocky 1-4 were extraordinary. By itself, Rocky 5 was a pretty good movie that was overshadowed by the previous Rocky movies. The same logic applies to MK4.

My first ever MK was MK 4, so i am a bit disappointed that they didnt put that into the collection.And I dont know why everyone says its bad, i had some really good times with MK4

My first ever MK was MK 4, so i am a bit disappointed that they didnt put that into the collection.And I dont know why everyone says its bad, i had some really good times with MK4

I agree with you..and are you kidding me I was 12 years old when MK4 came out in the Arcades I remember seeing a big line 2 actually when I went to GameWorks at Ontario Mills Mall in Southern California...I remember having to wait at least 30min to an hour to be able to play it so many fans came out to play it and try it out when Revision 1 came out which only had a few characters to play similar to MK9 when it was shown at E3 for the first time...and yes it was a classic also because it was an Arcade release if people would just read the title of the Game it does say "Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection" it doesnt say "Mortal Kombat 1-3 Arcade Klassics" Mortal Kombat 4 was one of the best games out there especially remember seeing MK4 Arcade Trucks driving all over Nationally to deliver these arcades to your nearest arcade center i remember this being huge back in 1997 when it was released

Last edited:
i'm sorry but i'm getting sick and tired of people bashing mk4. Most of you weren't even old enough to play the game in the arcade when it came out. Did the game age well? No not really but at the time it was pretty ground breaking. If you don't like it, don't play it. You can't deny the games place in mk history.

I look at mk4 like this...rocky 5 was the weakest movie of the series but that's only because rocky 1-4 were extraordinary. By itself, rocky 5 was a pretty good movie that was overshadowed by the previous rocky movies. The same logic applies to mk4.
thank you! ;)

MK4 isnt in this release because 13-14 years later, the MK4 Arcade Revision 3.0 has still never been fully emulated. The Zeus hardware is very tricky, which is crazy to think about since this is again, 13-14 years later.

Is the fact that it has never been done professionally relevant at all? By that, I mean the efforts to emulate the hardware haven't had official support.

I remember reading this. I don't know a thing about how emulation is done, but the guy obviously tried to find out how the hardware works by his own reasoning and discovery. Perhaps some at NRS or former Midway employees will remember how it works, or they may have documentation lying around somewhere.

You said that it's been difficult, but if NRS still have knowledge of how that hardware works, wouldn't that info make it easier for an officially sanctioned developer to emulate it?