Should MK4 have been included along with MK:AK?

nah, everybody know's 1,2 & Ultimate's where it's at. there's all kinds of reasons why and why not but the people who where playin
back in the day at the arcades know that these where the groundbreaking titles. 4 still has a big following but like other's have said,
it could just be timing/marketing.

* it's the B O M B though regardless.

NO DONT WANT IT MK1 MK2=BEST GAME OF THE MK FRANCHISE AND UMK3 BEST GAME EVER. these 2 games kill mk9.

hey guys should MK4 been included with this MKAK personally I said yes not very many people were fans of MK4 I think it was one of the best games along with 1 2 and 3 and of course UMK3...but since MK4 was a classic Arcade release, I think it should have also been included with this Arcade collection being released Aug 30 what do you guys think? I mean we've never had an Arcade perfect MK4 game released on the PSN or XBox Live at all. Oh and MK Gold does not count because it wasn't arcade perfect.

I absolutely LOVED MK4! Never got a chance to play it in Arcades though, no arcades thought it was "worth" buying in my city... But on N64, I loved it! So HELL YEA BRO! They should have included that game in this "CRAPPY NON-PERFECT ARCADE KOLLECTION!"

i think they should have included mk4. its part of the arcade mk`s. mkak is not an "mk9 thing" so mk4 should have been included. and mk4 probably wouldnt sell as much alone.

i think they should have included mk4. its part of the arcade mk`s. mkak is not an "mk9 thing" so mk4 should have been included. and mk4 probably wouldnt sell as much alone.

Yeah I agree I think they should release it for DLC or something but they definelty need to release MK4 for the PSN and Xbox Live I just hope it NRS decides to fix these error problems with this rediculious MKAK and I hope they Release MK4 as a Free DLC download for the fans complaints in regards to how terrible this MKAK came out. They also need to add chat rooms or join rooms for each MK game for the inconvenience

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVED MK4! Never got a chance to play it in Arcades though, no arcades thought it was "worth" buying in my city... But on N64, I loved it! So HELL YEA BRO! They should have included that game in this "CRAPPY NON-PERFECT ARCADE KOLLECTION!"

You missed out then because the arcade version had double to triple the amount of polygons in the fighters making them look a lot more solid and also the backgrounds had more elements in them and higher resolution textures.

You missed out then because the arcade version had double to triple the amount of polygons in the fighters making them look a lot more solid and also the backgrounds had more elements in them and higher resolution textures.
THANK YOU...I agree 100% with you on this which is one of the reasons why l loved MK4 because of everything you just mentioned here..which is why I would have loved for NRS to release MK4 as part of the MK Arcade Kollection I really hope they consider in doing a DLC for the MK:AK Despising the fact that many fans including myself were disapointed by the way the MKAK turned out. I think that NRS owes us a free DLC MK4 for the inconvenience for the mistakes made on MKAK promissing us a perfect MK:AK and the game coming out like sloppy seconds

THANK YOU...I agree 100% with you on this which is one of the reasons why l loved MK4 because of everything you just mentioned here..which is why I would have loved for NRS to release MK4 as part of the MK Arcade Kollection I really hope they consider in doing a DLC for the MK:AK Despising the fact that many fans including myself were disapointed by the way the MKAK turned out. I think that NRS owes us a free DLC MK4 for the inconvenience for the mistakes made on MKAK promissing us a perfect MK:AK and the game coming out like sloppy seconds

Lol wow. They owe us a free port of Mortal Kombat 4?
That costs money to make, and you are saying we are owed that just because you didn't like the way the arcade kollection came out?
You know, they didn't even have to make MK9 and MK:AK for us.
They could have taken MK9 down a whole new road instead of giving us so much nostalgia they way that they have.
They gave us 8 free costumes and access to a klassic pack and 4 DLC characters.
They put MK1,2, and UMK3 all together for $10.
What you are saying makes absolutely no sense.
We don't "deserve" anything.. just because we are fans of the best fighting game ever, it doesn't mean we are entitled to anything we damn well please.
We are lucky to receive what we have gotten.

@TaBB3rnackle92, some of us fans are happy for what we get. While, most, if not half, complain and are hard to please.

Seriously guys, why won't you just be happy what with you get?

@TaBB3rnackle92, some of us fans are happy for what we get. While, most, if not half, complain and are hard to please.

Seriously guys, why won't you just be happy what with you get?

Sadly, this is true.
You can't please everyone, although I'd like it of everyone is as happy as I am about MK:AK.

Lol wow. They owe us a free port of Mortal Kombat 4?
That costs money to make, and you are saying we are owed that just because you didn't like the way the arcade kollection came out?
You know, they didn't even have to make MK9 and MK:AK for us.
They could have taken MK9 down a whole new road instead of giving us so much nostalgia they way that they have.
They gave us 8 free costumes and access to a klassic pack and 4 DLC characters.
They put MK1,2, and UMK3 all together for $10.
What you are saying makes absolutely no sense.
We don't "deserve" anything.. just because we are fans of the best fighting game ever, it doesn't mean we are entitled to anything we damn well please.
We are lucky to receive what we have gotten.
Wow slow down there tiger...first off i wasnt complaining about MK9. I love MK9 overall and am completely satisfied with that...second they didnt give us free costumes Wait they gave us several free costumes which im gladly happy for but DLC Characters they didnt, they sold it to us just like they sold us MK:AK..and third how would you feel If someone were to sell you a rotton banana or apple without you even knowing for 10 bucks and by the time you took a bite from it you saw that it was rotten would you return for your money back or just forget about it? That goes the same with MK:AK when they released the MKast trailer for this release of this game they said it was going to be Arcade Perfect...thats what all us fans expected it to be and thats what upsetted alot of us because they told us it was going to be An Arcade perfect verions of 1 2 and UMK3 how can you expect to make money on something if you cant stay true to your word...same as if you were buying a car from the dealer and the dealer wanted to sell you this car that you had no clue that it was already involved in a car accident but he/she told you it was in new and great working condition and by the time you got out of that dealer lot you started to have issues with it

Last edited:
Wow slow down there tiger...first off i wasnt complaining about MK9. I love MK9 overall and am completely satisfied with that...second they didnt give us free costumes DLC Characters, etc they sold it to us just like they sold us MK:AK...If someone were to sell you a rotton banana or apple without you even knowing for 10 bucks would you return for your money back or just forget about it?

I said that we got 8 free costumes (via compatibility packs) and ACCESS to the DLC. And comparing the Arcade Kollection to a rotten fruit is more than a little dramatic. If anything, It is a bag of grapes with just a few bad ones in the mix.

I said that we got 8 free costumes (via compatibility packs) and ACCESS to the DLC. And comparing the Arcade Kollection to a rotten fruit is more than a little dramatic. If anything, It is a bag of grapes with just a few bad ones in the mix.

Ummmmmmmmmm NO! Do you know how big the file size was for this entire collection!?!? It was 247MB (including the update). Do you know how big the file size for MK2 was (as a standalone title on the PS3?) OVER 280 MB. Yea, thats for just one game, and the "development team" crushed 3 games into one and made its file size smaller then that of a standalone title?... That must tell you something about the quality of these 3 games!! LOL, By far this compilation is PURE garbage to a TRUE MORTAL KOMBAT fan!!! I would have easily spent $40-$60 on a TRUE ARCADE PERFECT port of these 3 games in 1.

So NO! This is NOT a bag of grapes, its is a BIG BAG OF CRAP!

Ummmmmmmmmm NO! Do you know how big the file size was for this entire collection!?!? It was 247MB (including the update). Do you know how big the file size for MK2 was (as a standalone title on the PS3?) OVER 280 MB. Yea, thats for just one game, and the "development team" crushed 3 games into one and made its file size smaller then that of a standalone title?... That must tell you something about the quality of these 3 games!! LOL, By far this compilation is PURE garbage to a TRUE MORTAL KOMBAT fan!!! I would have easily spent $40-$60 on a TRUE ARCADE PERFECT port of these 3 games in 1.

So NO! This is NOT a bag of grapes, its is a BIG BAG OF CRAP!

No sense in me trying anymore.
I love it, you guys don't, so be it.

If they do ever release MK4 I hope they release it by itself and not bundled with any other game so they can focus on perfecting and readying it as much as possible for Xbox/PS3. However I'd find Gold to be a lot more fun, not sure how much more broken it is though.

I say that NRS should still release an MK4 Revision 3 Arcade perfect of the game as a DLC and I hope they do a better job then we we ended up with the MKAK and I hope they hire someone else other then Ocean to do a better job then what we got for the MKAK