Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How the hell did you guys beat MK 2 ? (PSN)

Xbox Live
    KING RIECE 91
    PSN
    KingFoamNYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How the hell did you guys beat MK 2 ? (PSN)

Seriously , I have never played something so difficult in my life . I can't imagine getting to the middle of the ladder or even entertain completing it. For the guys that have had success in this how did you do it ? I know its a straight arcade port so is it unbeatable ? Back in the days when me and my dad used to play it on snes it seems like the hardest difficulty on that is easier than the lowest one on the PSN port lol. Any help from you guys is appreciated

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Xbox Live
    geo9861
    PSN
    geotheyo98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How the hell did you guys beat MK 2 ? (PSN)

Same thing for me and also with umk3, i cant even get close to shang tsung in the ladder.
    Mk1 is the only game in the trilogy which the computer fights fair.

PSN
    anizzle1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The world may never know...

PSN
    INB4shot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got to kintaro once...rage quitted after that.
    Last edited by SpyCake; 08-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Xbox Live
    n9195v
    Steam
    n9195v
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for half of the characters you can win with just an upper cut

PSN
    amadasan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try, try, try and try again ... I main with Scorpion so my worst nightmares are Kitana and Mileena (mid-ladder and above) ... I keep restarting until I get at least one of those two in the 1st 3 opponenets ... The rest is just dying 50 times before finishing the game
    ... Self-admiration is evidence of a weak mind ...

Xbox Live
    KING RIECE 91
    PSN
    KingFoamNYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any chance one of you guys can run through the ladder on the ps3 port and upload a vid ? I have yet to see anyone beat it . I've owned it for about a year now and I try to beat it at least a few times a week after I beat 3 or 4 characters whoever I'm fighting kicks my @$$ repeatedly then ofcourse rage ensues smh

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Twitter
    @TerryxMasters
    Xbox Live
    TerryxMasters
    PSN
    TheWorldWarrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I made this a while back:

It works on the PS3 version too. Hope it helps

Xbox Live
    KING RIECE 91
    PSN
    KingFoamNYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    I made this a while back:

It works on the PS3 version too. Hope it helps
    Thanks bro , about to check it out now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own a dedicated MK2 cabinet and after nearly ripping the joysticks off from losing to kintaro 6525556453 times in a row I developed this strategy for the top of the ladder. Just a warning this technique is super lame but I'm aware some people "achievement hunt" and may be necessary without further ado... Select baraka, hold block and slam the shit out of back then as soon as they get close enough chop chop! Flawless victories!

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will share my biggest secret for destroying the AI in MKII.......

Play through the game as player two instead of player one.

That is all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I beat it ONCE with Kitana. Just try and try again and hope to get lucky

Special Forces Agent Love Cowboy's Avatar
    PSN
    LoveCowboy195
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sivart View Post
    I own a dedicated MK2 cabinet and after nearly ripping the joysticks off from losing to kintaro 6525556453 times in a row I developed this strategy for the top of the ladder. Just a warning this technique is super lame but I'm aware some people "achievement hunt" and may be necessary without further ado... Select baraka, hold block and slam the shit out of back then as soon as they get close enough chop chop! Flawless victories!
    OOOOOOoooooooohhh... someone posting a technique I've known about since I was 12 and pumping quarters into MKII after begging my mom to drive me 20 miles to the one MKII machine I knew about that only took 1 quarter to play.. epic

Somewhere over the rainbow... shooting unicorns
    PSN
    Fox17es
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cowboy View Post
    OOOOOOoooooooohhh... someone posting a technique I've known about since I was 12 and pumping quarters into MKII after begging my mom to drive me 20 miles to the one MKII machine I knew about that only took 1 quarter to play.. epic
    The guy is trying to help, no need to be so rude, maybe you are old and wise but not everyone is like that
    UNCHARTED 4-EVER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who ever said we beat it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just beat MKII on PSN MKAK, and here's how I did it:

Around the middle tier of the ladder, I used the Baraka blade chop spam approach as stated above. This worked well until I got to Kintaro.

Kintaro is an absolute beast. I fought him for at least an hour without winning a single round. I started using Kitana as I discovered that Kintaro liked to walk into her fan lift, setting him up for a routine jump-punch/air-fan-throw combo, but it still wasn't effective enough. I'd occasionally win a round, but he'd always find a way to sneak in a teleport ground pound and take me out.

In my frustration, I searched YouTube and found a video that demonstrated an easy way to beat him with any character using well-placed jump kicks. Sure enough, it worked, and I beat him in my first try after that. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeCQZqUgZ4

Next up was Shao Kahn, and for him I reverted back to the Baraka spam tactic which worked on the first try.

As much as I hate using spam tactics, it becomes obvious deeper into the game that the AI is finely tuned to counter just about every conceivable attack. Forget trying to throw, you will ALWAYS be the one getting thrown.
    Last edited by David_Dare; 08-31-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Black Dragon Recruit smoke.tetsu's Avatar
    Twitter
    @smoke_tetsu
    Steam
    smoketetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to mention here that I found a way to beat kintaro with any character but it's a little hard to explain and I go by feeling for the timing. But if you time it correctly you can actually walk towards him from sweeping distance or just a little outside it and quickly press diagonal up\towards him and press the high kick doing a quick jump kick. He'll actually fall for this as most of the time he'll try to uppercut you but that type of jump kick hits him. This works with just about any character.... oh I typed this up before I noticed david_dare said pretty much the same thing but yes... before I discovered that I thought kintaro was massively hard but not any more.

Another easy'ish way is to pick Raiden and do a jump kick to him and then immediatly teleport then do a round kick then repeat doing a teleport and do a round kick and repeat until he's dead or you mess up... then just do another jump kick and repeat. Raiden's round kick is very good in general and many characters fall for it I find.

For Shao Kahn in MK2 the best thing to do is jump towards him and then duck and do an uppercut when he attacks. This is the standard strategy that I know of since the arcade days.

Another standard strategy against the CPU in MK2 and 3 is to just keep on jumping back until they jump at you and then retaliate. However I've been trying to stay away from doing this pattern as it gets tiresome doing it for decades. I think it also makes the game pretty boring to watch as well.

I've beaten Mortal Kombat 2 with ALL the characters actually. Although I don't think I've beaten it with all the characters while not using that above cheap tactic however. Off the top of my head I know I beat it with Raiden, Kung Lao and one of the ninjas.... I've played it so much I can't keep that stuff straight any more really.

All of these I usually do in MAME, the arcade and other home versions but if the gameplay is exactly the same in the MKAK it should work there too.
    Last edited by smoke.tetsu; 08-31-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Black Dragon Recruit smoke.tetsu's Avatar
    Twitter
    @smoke_tetsu
    Steam
    smoketetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Dare View Post
    Forget trying to throw, you will ALWAYS be the one getting thrown.
    Yes, throws are virtually useless in single player... you can't use them against the computer mostly and they can sure throw the hell out of you.

New Kombatant
    Xbox Live
    sevendead
    PSN
    sevendead
    Steam
    sevendead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Th AI is cheap so you have to be cheap. I usually use Kitana, hold Block and start tapping away, when they get in range to do the fan lift, jump kick to fan toss. I'll do that up until Kahn and switch characters to whom ever I want to beat it with.

Black Dragon Recruit
    Xbox Live
    Interloko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first thing you have to know is: mk and mk2 plays better in player 2 side (not sure umk3, i haven't played it too much)

against regular characters if you do the jump trick shown by TerryMasters you need to know 2 things..

1- if you are "traped" in the corner don't jump, just stay ducked and the AI always (except first match) will throw you out of the corner and you will eat only the damage of the throw.
    2- if you are close to the corner and want to send your oponent far from you, do a sweep, most of the time the AI will jump back.
    you also can do a lot of things with the jumping trick it depends in what character you are

about kintaro i like to add that if you do it right he will eat all of your sweeps, you need to just do it at the right distance. there is also another trick involving sweeps and is: if he is close to you (not too close, let's say between sweep and step distance), just press hp or lp and kintaro will do his blocking animation and after this he will throw his fireball, so you can do hp (or lp) and sweep.. you will hit him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information