Mortal Kombat (2011) Anime?

Maharishi

Hear me out, how awesome would it be to have a Mortal Kombat anime in the same vein as
Animatrix
Batman: Gotham Knight
Halo: Legends
I feel the formula that these movies follow, with the "Seven different episodes from seven different
directors" would be perfect for the mortal kombat lore. They could go really crazy with it, and get into more
obscure stories we haven't really heard much of such as a Rain's origin, or Goro's becoming a prince of the shokan, or even Shao Kahn's journey to becoming that spamming conqueror of realms he is. Or stick to the fan favorites, like Scorpion and Sub-Zero's rivalry, Mileena and Kitana and what not. I know Legacy is out, but it can't portray the same level of visuals that anime can. I think it would be swell.
Thoughts?

Here are trailers for the three movies mentioned above, so those of you who have not heard of them have a better understanding:
Animatrix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx_jlOb5sbw

Gotham Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHYqNmdAfA

Halo: Legends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXe6Utdtvs

Last edited:
no thnx ... mk 1 mk2 umk3 mk9 best games of all time especially mk2 and umk3 holy ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I loved the old 90's X-Men, but I suggest the anime since WB published all three of those I believe, I know the batman one was done by them for sure, but it seems like a possibility to something that could actually happened.

Rather have a handrawn old school MK cartoon like the 1992 X Men, Anime kinda bugs me.

Im 100% with you!!

Mk and anime ... just dont fit imo, lol

I would prefer any guest character as dlc in mk9 over a mk anime. lol

Last edited:
Im 100% with you!!

Mk and anime ... just dont fit imo, lol

I would prefer any guest character as dlc in mk9 over a mk anime. lol

But Halo, and Batman do?
Those are about as American as it gets with pop culture.

You cannot say Mortal Kombat and Anime do not fit, Imagine a fight between Sub-Zero and Scorpion and how stylized it would become!

But Halo, and Batman do?
Those are about as American as it gets with pop culture.

You cannot say Mortal Kombat and Anime do not fit, Imagine a fight between Sub-Zero and Scorpion and how stylized it would become!

Yes but it's all personal preference. I don't feel that MK will fit with anime (and personally I just don't really like anime) but with an art style similar to this would be better (In my opinion):

I don't know, anime seems to follow a sensationalistic formula and MK would need a dark and gritty tone. Maybe a mix of anime and old school hand drawn old school style?

I don't know, anime seems to follow a sensationalistic formula and MK would need a dark and gritty tone. Maybe a mix of anime and old school hand drawn old school style?

There are plenty of dark animes out there, Darker than Black, Eifen Lied (I think that's how you spell it), Dante's Inferno, Claymore, and the list goes on!

And @popmaster501 in response to the Superman Doomsday style, It's a great style, Love the art, but it's more of the comic book style. Mortal Kombat has ninjas, sorcerers, shaolin monks, and elder gods. I feel if you delve into anime a bit you'll see a lot of great masterpieces out there, it's a beautiful style.
I feel people are under appreciating anime due to it being more eastern. Have you seen mortal kombat? It's an american game, that takes from many cultures. Ancient chinese being one of them.
All the cultures in mortal kombat have been expressed in anime, so I could see it working flawlessly.

i think what alot of people are trying to say on this thread that MK is the last american, non-imported fighter, and they want it to stay like that always. But Gotham Knight is AWESOME. Most people have the idea that anime consists of sub-par dubs, fights which have backgrounds of bright colors and white streaks, and corny-ass plots. But Gotham Knight had none of that, was pretty gory and came off as an excellent piece of work. Only one or two of the episodes looked like tradition anime to me. MK anime in the same vein would be interesting to see.

Mortal Kombat would be good as an anime in the style of Berserk or the Hellsing OVA or Kenshin OVA.
And besides it'd be 1,000 times better than the abortions of Japanese games made into US movies
Street Fighter American Chung-li
DOA crapfest
"Resident Evil" Super Zombie Kung-fu time 1-3

And let's face it, American cartoons/comics are dead unless they are comedies. Anime is a better medium, and it'd have to be by a Japanese company, American companies typically produce horrible horrible pseudo-Anime.

An MK animated series is not a bad idea at all. Are things like MK Legacy more in peoples' favor? It seems like most people expect anime to be like Dragonball Z or Naruto where nothing makes sense, people don't make logical choices, and sometimes the plot goes nowhere. Not all anime is like that. I thought Avatar the Last Airbender was really good (recent movie was AWFUL though, amirite?). Hellsing, Death Note, Elfen Lied, Trinity Blood, Death Note, Kenshin--all those are generally serious series with great plots.

An MK animated series is not a bad idea at all. Are things like MK Legacy more in peoples' favor? It seems like most people expect anime to be like Dragonball Z or Naruto where nothing makes sense, people don't make logical choices, and sometimes the plot goes nowhere. Not all anime is like that. I thought Avatar the Last Airbender was really good (recent movie was AWFUL though, amirite?). Hellsing, Death Note, Elfen Lied, Trinity Blood, Death Note, Kenshin--all those are generally serious series with great plots.

avatar ain't anime, it's american. It took anime influences and built upon them. And the less said about M. Night's adaptation the better.

Plenty of MK cartoons, hentai and anime all over the place, ofcourse non-official but some are really decent and yeah a lot is strictly for adults, looooool. But a new full length cartoon/anime of MK is more than welcome. (I liked the original back in the day with the 3d like Goro battleI) and I have Halo Legends (and I hate the games), Dead Space Downfall, Dead Space Aftermath, Dante's Inferno and some Tekken and SF on BluRay so I say... "BRING IT" if it's MK, I'll watch it and prolly buy it, now what's keeping MK 3 Devastation, it's been in production like 4 ever... ==>@ imdb BTW I GOTTA SAY THIS, screw anime and cartoons actually... CGI ALL THE WAY, CGI GAME TRAILERS ARE STILL THE COOLEST SHORT MOVIES EVER!!! if done right that is, too bad it's extremely time consuming and ridiculously expensive to make.

Last edited: