Why is it so hard?

wuzzuli

I just can't commit. I literally can't do it. I don't know if its a disorder, or a personality querk, but I cant just stick with a single character without finding a reason why I shouldnt play that class.
Does anyone else get this? I am forever changing my class because I either find a different character, or end up forgetting about a character because I find a small fault with them >.<

nasty thoughts came to mind when I read the title on the front page

but on topic, if you are having fun playing as alot of characters, go ahead. You dont really need a main.

I have a few main characters, but i am switching my characters very often, i just like the different fighting styles. I write down all my combos, when i choose the fighter (after a couple of weeks) again, i open my "little book" and i am "back on top" with him after a few hours (or minutes).

For some reason, I have tried every character in the game to a decent standard ( i had to learn most of them decently for Shang) BUT I have never played Rain, SKarlet or Kenshi to a significant standard. Maybe one of those should take my fancy? But Im guessing none of them are similar to Baraka, who I really like, apart from his look >.< I dont really think anyone is similar to Baraka. If there is I havent played the properly.
And yeah, wrong title inuendo ftw!

Because when you see sexy girl you just get those feelings and that leads to.......oh.......oh I get it now....

I don't have a main. It's cool to not have one so just enjoy using all characters

Considering I rotate between 12 characters, I'd say you aren't the only one. It takes much more effort and time to get really good since you are dividing your time between so many characters

It depends on what you want out of the game man.

If you're just looking for fun. Your mind is telling you to not settle so you can achieve such fun/interest.

If you want to be EXTREMELY high level. I suggest finding a character that is ATLEAST mid tier or higher, and maining at most 1-2 characters. Preferably complimenting eachothers bad matchups but still learning your bad match ups. I've seen many players fall behind because they split their attention to too many characters and all their friends that stuck to 1 character since day one just surpass them in skill and consistency. Because while your out there practicing that new 30% combo with a new character. your friend is out there with his SAME character, becoming MORE consistent, and learning how to punish MORE things, and learning how to keep themselves safe from danger with their tools.

It's all what you want out of it man.

Don't need to main... Don't need to play with 19 characters.
but you can if you want to.

There are people out there who don't care about being THE BEST. I mean they'd like it, but they purposely choose the deemed WORST character. Because they are interested to see how far they can push them. And get recognized for exceeding expectations of such character.

What do you think you want?

I mean Ive really enjoyed Kabal. I mean I really enjoy his moves, etc, but I find he is limited on the usable combos. I think he's a great character (Just him, and Stryker in a team screams epic) But I wont play him as much cause he isn't involved much in storyline. :( I mean Liu Kang, Sub, Scorp, have so much story behind them, but I wont play them as they tend to be every fanboys characters, and its hard to feel as unique as you want to be, if you get what I mean >.<

Hehe, ill give you that, he is pretty unique
I love Sindel. Always been my favourite female. But sadly, I find her combos pretty hard to pull off. Ill take like 1 look at her BandB and think ''Shit I cant do that'' yet I can still pull off Quan Chi's BandB which is really hard imho ><

Hehe, ill give you that, he is pretty unique
I love Sindel. Always been my favourite female. But sadly, I find her combos pretty hard to pull off. Ill take like 1 look at her BandB and think ''Shit I cant do that'' yet I can still pull off Quan Chi's BandB which is really hard imho ><

Everything requires practice.

It took me like 5-6 hours to get 3 of Skarlets BnB's Down consistently lol. Her 36% 40% and her 29%. Two start with a jump in punch. one starts with an overhead. and she has a TON more tricks to learn. She is a hard character to master lol.

Yeah thats true.
I played Liu for about 1 hour and I managed his BandB's really easily. He seems hard to master but not to hard to learn basic stuff.
I barely go online though. I just get sick of it, with the constant spammers, its no fun. People tell me it will severely impeed my ability if I dont play online, but I dont like it.
I mean I played Stryker for a while. I decimate Scorpion players. But in reality, I fail against Sub Zero. Always gets me ><
I change so often, I just wanna stick with maybe 1 - 3 characters and learn them well. I just need a decent main that I can rely on for most situations. I love some zoning aspects, I love some rushing aspects, I love all styles really which makes it hard to find a main AND be unique at the same time. But that just be me beig and uptight ******* ;)

Yeah thats true.
I played Liu for about 1 hour and I managed his BandB's really easily. He seems hard to master but not to hard to learn basic stuff.
I barely go online though. I just get sick of it, with the constant spammers, its no fun. People tell me it will severely impeed my ability if I dont play online, but I dont like it.
I mean I played Stryker for a while. I decimate Scorpion players. But in reality, I fail against Sub Zero. Always gets me ><
I change so often, I just wanna stick with maybe 1 - 3 characters and learn them well. I just need a decent main that I can rely on for most situations. I love some zoning aspects, I love some rushing aspects, I love all styles really which makes it hard to find a main AND be unique at the same time. But that just be me beig and uptight ******* ;)

The best way to have to never fight a spammer... Is to DESTROY THEM.

I'm serious, when I first started I was thinking to myself. "Man smoke's teleport is BS"

If you punish it hard enough. you'll force them to mix up their game or they lose. So it's up to you how "spammy" your opponent is. Shut down their spamming strat and they have to adapt or lose.

But when you learn the counters and learn to read them well. and learn how to bait them.... you will never have to really worry about spam ever again. and if they do "spam" They will just get roflstomp destroyed, and you win... wooopdedoo time for the next guy.

If you keep avoiding spam you won't learn to deal with it effectively.

now if you're saying well.... You deal with spam just fine... you just hate destroying noobs left and right. Time to look for good players. Guys with 2,000 wins and 200 losses. Or... create a room and label it "Experts" I promise you the noobs will avoid that room. unless it's a noob who is interested in getting better.

I mean Ive really enjoyed Kabal. I mean I really enjoy his moves, etc, but I find he is limited on the usable combos. I think he's a great character (Just him, and Stryker in a team screams epic) But I wont play him as much cause he isn't involved much in storyline. :( I mean Liu Kang, Sub, Scorp, have so much story behind them, but I wont play them as they tend to be every fanboys characters, and its hard to feel as unique as you want to be, if you get what I mean >.<

I posted a few combos for Kabal in his Thread, http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...uot-Let-s-See-What-You-re-Made-Of!-quot/page6

Meh. I just need a really balanced character in all areas. Good zoning, Rush, etc (That isnt Kung Lao) Its hard to get one though

But im afraid of playing Liu tbh. Although he's good it only seems like he has 23 viable combos, B 312 and 213. I like him, but I dont think I am skilled enough to play him.
I liked Johnny for a bit. But I played him recently and I get my ass kicked. I can do the combos offline, but against other players, I panic and cant perform well >><

F**k this s**t I know who Im gunna go.
Johnny - Who can resist the goddam, nutcrackin', curb stomping movie star. I think he's my favourite from the films.
Sindel - Love this girl :p Wanted to main her for ages, but maybe now if I try hard enough, I can D:
Stryker - Love him, hands down best intro and non-fatality outro
Jax - I mained him for 3 MK's in a row, its only fair :)
Kano - Australian criminal mastermind? Can I get a whoop?

Although I said I wouldnt main so many, I believe that I wont have any fun with less than 5. I have NEVER played Sonya though so I may have 6 >.< Sonya a decent char?