The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Yeag, they aren't the best of friends when storylines and characters are involved.
ECW December to Dismember, boiling point for the two. Heyman killed his own brand originally by been a con man. Dont forget that people. He wasnt a good person, dont let someone doing shoots or speaking the truth from time time let your forget he screwed alot of wrestlers out of money.
Vince may be no angel but he always paid you for a good job.

What?
No ones saying anything remotely like that. He has a mind for wrestling and has a good grasp on story telling. Yeah he's done what he did but you can't say he don't know how to script good story lines.

That makes Rock's song about Cena and Eve making out that much more hilarious. Dwayne Johnson: Divorce Prognosticator.

What?
No ones saying anything remotely like that. He has a mind for wrestling and has a good grasp on story telling. Yeah he's done what he did but you can't say he don't know how to script good story lines.
yes I am pointing that out. Considering ECW went under I would say, no he doesnt have a good mind for scripting good storylines

You know imma try something new here because i've seen you argue and you try and be right about everything. So you have your opinion and I have mine leave it at that.

You know imma try something new here because i've seen you argue and you try and be right about everything. So you have your opinion and I have mine leave it at that.
How can you do that? I am right on this occasion. I dont need to try this time.

ECW didn't go under because Paul was bad with storylines, it went under because he pushed to fast to get them on PPV before the company was financially ready. Then once they got attention from the mainstream companies, WCW raided their roster and left them having to be propped up by Vince under the table until he just bought them outright.

I'm not someone who looks back at ECW with the fondness a lot of people do, but one thing that really isn't debatable is Paul's storytelling ability. He managed to get the most out of practically everyone who worked for him, and there were some really awful wrestlers working there at times. The Public Enemy is a prime example, he made them seem credible threats when they were booked like jokes everywhere else. He built up Al Snow from a long time WWF jobber to a cult phenom with the "head" stuff. He took a black guy, a broken down old redneck wrestler, an immobile 500 pound guy and one legit Italian and made them into a hilarious stable (the FBI).

If I was starting a wrestling company, I'd hire Paul in a second to write for it. I just wouldn't let him anywhere near the checkbook.

ECW didn't go under because Paul was bad with storylines, it went under because he pushed to fast to get them on PPV before the company was financially ready. Then once they got attention from the mainstream companies, WCW raided their roster and left them having to be propped up by Vince under the table until he just bought them outright.

I'm not someone who looks back at ECW with the fondness a lot of people do, but one thing that really isn't debatable is Paul's storytelling ability. He managed to get the most out of practically everyone who worked for him, and there were some really awful wrestlers working there at times. The Public Enemy is a prime example, he made them seem credible threats when they were booked like jokes everywhere else. He built up Al Snow from a long time WWF jobber to a cult phenom with the "head" stuff. He took a black guy, a broken down old redneck wrestler, an immobile 500 pound guy and one legit Italian and made them into a hilarious stable (the FBI).

If I was starting a wrestling company, I'd hire Paul in a second to write for it. I just wouldn't let him anywhere near the checkbook.
I guess he did no what to do with scraps left from other companies. Hes smart in that sense using people. I just don't think he did very good story lines in hindsight.When i was younger i felt it was the best thing ever now i feel embarrassed watching anything to do with ECW. I look back on celebrated feuds such as Dreamer and Raven, i see the park promo, i cringe. It just doesn't work for me.

Seriously some of the storylines in ECW were comparable to Katy Vick, without necrophilia.

Raven was very much a product of his era that doesn't work now, just like teenage girls losing their minds over mulletheads like the Rock n Roll Express was in the 80s. Raven's promos come off super cheesy in 2012, but in 1996 it was super intense, gritty, and cutting edge. He was the epitome of the grunge era, and like most of ECW today it doesn't age too well.

As a counterpoint, I offer Taz as the perfect example of what Paul could do. He took a guy who was doing a wildman gimmick (The Tazmaniac) and turned him into an unstoppable suplex machine of death despite being barely tall enough to not qualify as a midget.

Raven was very much a product of his era that doesn't work now, just like teenage girls losing their minds over mulletheads like the Rock n Roll Express was in the 80s. Raven's promos come off super cheesy in 2012, but in 1996 it was super intense, gritty, and cutting edge. He was the epitome of the grunge era, and like most of ECW today it doesn't age too well.

As a counterpoint, I offer Taz as the perfect example of what Paul could do. He took a guy who was doing a wildman gimmick (The Tazmaniac) and turned him into an unstoppable suplex machine of death despite being barely tall enough to not qualify as a midget.
A massive taz fan here, I remember when he was indeed a force to be reckoned with, till wwe killed him. I recall an article in WOW stating the dream match of the time would have been Austin, Goldberg, Tazz. Wasnt Tazzmaniac Heymans idea when it was Eastern Championship Wrestling? I cant really argue, im a Vince fan even though they supposedly nearly brought Taker in as the Egg Man at Survivor Series....

No chi buddy he needed an excuse to not be on T.V. every week like the Rock. WWE wouldn't allow millions of dollars to really walk out the door. They have been very savy on getting their moneys worth out of their superstars.

How well did Haymen deliver his lines. I can see why people hate him he's a really good heel manager. That big show segment was uncomfortable and awkward. It was a good segment.

Last edited:
That segment got monster heel heat for Johnny. Plus the stips set up Johnny getting the Big Show to help him beat Cena (Show's already fired in storyline) in order to get rehired.

Also I got bonus CM Punk time since he beat Jericho in a dark match after Raw ended. *watches Jade explode in envy*