The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
It's better than the same ole Punk against the system stuff

quite frankly the whole WWE is really stale right now

They ruined his angle so badly, it's not even funny. They had everything right in the palm of their hands....and it took no time at all to destroy it.

they dont have that edge (no pun intended) anymore. they dont have a mega superstar that were so abundant in the 90's into the early 00. sad to say i think the last two huge stars were batista and punk. because they had edgyness to them now everyone seems to be cut from the same mold even randy ortan is now watered down it was cool when he pick apart his opponent but now hes like cena same 4 moves into his finisher. Plus who else thinks that they need to cut back on ppv's?

lol, wut? Orton, Cena, Mysterio, these guys are big stars. Doesn't matter if Orton was watered down (I somewhat disagree, actually) or if Cena has 4 moves, that doesn't take away the fact that they are big stars. Why do you think the WWE dwells so hard on these same guys?

i ment that were different everyone else seems to be the same now. they are big stars but mainly cater to kids. orton had an edge when he was the legend killer, but now he seems to have lost it. like the younger cena had an edge to him and lost it. it's rinse and repeat with wwe. like when they made ziggler cut his hair and not dye it blonde and he looked a lot like cody rodes.

Last edited:
i ment that were different everyone else seems to be the same now. they are big stars but mainly cater to kids. orton had an edge when he was the legend killer, but now he seems to have lost it. like the younger cena had an edge to him and lost it. it's rinse and repeat with wwe. like when they made ziggler cut his hair and not dye it blonde and he looked a lot like cody rodes.

You must be a newer wrestling fan if catering to kids is something new.

The 80's was the best era of wrestling ever (**** the haters) and it largely catered to kids.

Catering to kids is not the problem, it's the shit 'creative' team.

My wrestling heroes

Hardyz-jeff-hardy-726767_1280_1024.jpg

You must be a newer wrestling fan if catering to kids is something new.

The 80's was the best era of wrestling ever (**** the haters) and it largely catered to kids.

Catering to kids is not the problem, it's the shit 'creative' team.

nope i've watched it sense i was 5. it just seems so forced now like hogans cheesy crap from the 80s. they can have cena like hogan cater to kids but why make it every superstar. like shamus he ran over everyone but now hes giving out shit to that loser justin beaber. Much like punk he's being toned down again. they drone every superstar now and its holding some of the talent back and some need to be mute because they suck on the mic. just wish they'd leave the edge alone.

I don't know how bad the kid-friendly stuff is now (I haven't watched wrestling since the Owen Hart tragedy), but I know that the kid-friendly stuff from the mid-80s to the mid-90s was bad enough that Ric Flair got fined several thousand dollars for blading at WrestleMania 8, despite the fact that he was a regular practitioner of it dating all the way back to his days as NWA World Heavyweight Champion (yet for some odd reason, they allowed Marty Jannetty to blade several months earlier during Shawn Michaels' first WWE heel turn).

The NWA was never especially kid friendly, especially when Dusty Rhodes was booking. He was a fan of blood and was involved in the first barbed wire matches I remember seeing in Florida back in the 70s-80s before ECW and "hardcore" were the new hotness.

The WWF/E has pretty much always catered toward kids (except for the Attitude Era in the late 90s), and moments like Marty bleeding like a stuck pig were all the more memorable because that sort of thing rarely happened in those days. Considering everyone who watched it can recall it to this day is testament that it worked. You may recall from around the same time Brutus Beefcake getting his face raked by the spurs of Outlaw Ron Bass. He got bloodied up and they would put a giant red X on the screen when they showed it on the weekend syndicated shows.

Now that you bring up the Ron Bass/Beefcake incident, I remember the snake bite from the Macho Man/Jake the Snake feud getting censored on syndicated TV. Ironically, the snake that bit Savage (which was devenomed in the first place) died in the aftermath of the snake bite, leading to backstage jokes that it was the Macho Man that should've been devenomed.

By the way, the Ron Bass/Beefcake incident should've never happened; that angle led to Beefcake being substituted in a PPV IC title match by the worst wrestler to ever be pushed to main event status (and back in those days, an IC title reign either built a wrestler's career, or would lead one or more future WWE title reigns).

Last edited:
Warrior sucked as a wrestler, but it's silly to not acknowledge he was popular as hell. It was clearly time to strap the proverbial rocket to his ass, and they did it perfectly. Not only that, the Warrior-Hogan match at Wrestlemania VI was probably the best match either one of those two ever had.

Warrior sucked as a wrestler, but it's silly to not acknowledge he was popular as hell. It was clearly time to strap the proverbial rocket to his ass, and they did it perfectly. Not only that, the Warrior-Hogan match at Wrestlemania VI was probably the best match either one of those two ever had.

Too bad he ultimately (no pun intended) turned out to be a real douchebag. Nowadays, he's running his big mouth about everything from current events to people in his wrestling past, and if you ask me, the quality of his promos during the prime of his wrestling career should tell you how seriously he should be taken.

nope i've watched it sense i was 5. it just seems so forced now like hogans cheesy crap from the 80s. they can have cena like hogan cater to kids but why make it every superstar. like shamus he ran over everyone but now hes giving out shit to that loser justin beaber. Much like punk he's being toned down again. they drone every superstar now and its holding some of the talent back and some need to be mute because they suck on the mic. just wish they'd leave the edge alone.

'Cheesy crap'?

80's wrestling was the best......you missed out on it because you weren't born yet =) SNME was the bomb <3

I am also strictly speaking about WWF, in case people think I am generalizing all wrestling, so, yeah, WWE right now is not that much different than 80's WWF.

Again, it isn't the kid friendly part of it, it's the writing that sucks. The storylines suck, the character development sucks, the actual 'creativity' itself sucks. Back then, you actually HAD characters. Now, OH HEY, ANOTHER GUY IN TIGHTS!1!!111

the 80's were good. piper and snucka the pineapple smash to the head epic :laugh: i kinda wish they did with cena what they did with hogan and keep the kid catering to cena.

Again, it isn't the kid friendly part of it, it's the writing that sucks. The storylines suck, the character development sucks, the actual 'creativity' itself sucks. Back then, you actually HAD characters. Now, OH HEY, ANOTHER GUY IN TIGHTS!1!!111

why couldn't say this in the first place i fail at the interweb. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <3 what i miss is the diversity.

yea that's the problem with the WWE right now

too many cookie cutter people. There's too many David Ortunga's and not enough Undertaker's

rowdy-roddy-piper_display_image.jpg

savage1.jpg

jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg

honkytonk08.jpg

600full-sgt.-slaughter.jpg

Undertaker_1991.jpg

Compared to:

Wade-Barrett-wwe-superstar-4.jpg

220px-Orton_Royal_Rumble_2009.jpg

Mason-Ryan-body-1.png

john_cena-11874.jpg

sheamus.png

Sad, really......not saying I don't like all of these guys (Cena can go to hell, though), but, come on, how unoriginal.....

Ironically Cena's the most unique character they've created lately. His jorts are an easy target for jokes but at least he looks different than everyone else.

Mason Ryan is Batistwo, lol (lulz@Jericho)

I can't stand that they are trying to push him, he is so boring and generic...