The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
What ever happened to Farooq?
WWE needs more DAMN!!!

EDIT:
I wouldn't mind seeing Farooq and The Rock start up The Nation of Domination again, now that The Rock is back. 8)

Last edited:
I'm watching old raw episodes on youtube

and noticed when stone cold does his entrance and gets into the ring and goes on top of all 4 turnbuckles

He always his shouting something...

i wonder what he's saying

I'm watching old raw episodes on youtube

and noticed when stone cold does his entrance and gets into the ring and goes on top of all 4 turnbuckles

He always his shouting something...

i wonder what he's saying

Whatever he wants, really. He doesn't have a mic on him or pointed at him, so I guess go get yourself a lip reader to understand him.

if austins in it then its not OLD raw episodes.

Hate to break it to you but they are quite old now. I cant believe its been nearly ten years since the American Badass. Im glad they dropped that gimmick. Somehow Taker talking about stealing souls was more believable than him been a biker.

Hate to break it to you but they are quite old now. I cant believe its been nearly ten years since the American Badass. Im glad they dropped that gimmick. Somehow Taker talking about stealing souls was more believable than him been a biker.

you are right, but when i think of old raw i think like 1993 or 1994 ish raw. i actually didnt like taker as much in the attitude era. he just talked too much. he was better when he was quiet and didnt say much. but ya it wa still better than that biker gimmik lol.

it's funny to think the '90's were 20ish years ago. I loved the Ministry of Darkness storyline with Taker being the puppet master. IMO it was on of his better looks. After the Corporation/ Corporate Ministry angle though, it all went to shit.

But i'm a HUGE Taker fan so he can do no wrong.

Brooke Hogan is going to be joining TNA (not as a wrestler) and will be helping out the females.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So I'm going to threadjack a little bit here to talk about a recent find of mine.

It's no secret that the 8 bit era of gaming wasn't great in terms of wrestling games. Yes, there were some gems like Tecmo World Wrestling and Pro Wrestling (A WINNER IS YOU!) that were classics, but the officially licensed games were kind of garbage. WWF games in particular were all kinds of smashed ass, but there was one licensed game that was pretty decent:

nesy.jpg

That's right, World Championship Wrestling. It was released in 1990, and featured what was for the time a fairly large roster:

gfs_47016_2_6.jpg

It's not a great game by any means, but as far as wrestling games on the NES that feature actual people you've heard of it's not bad. The controls are kind of stiff, but the main complaint most people have is that it's hard as balls. Not in a cheap way, but that level of difficult that only seems to exist in NES games. The game play is pretty straightforward, you pick your guy, choose from a list of moves your guy can perform, and have at it.

gfs_47016_2_2.jpg

As you can see, graphically it's not bad for an 8 bit game. Light years beyond what WWF games at the time were serving up, for sure. There was always one thing that bothered me: The guys in this game didn't seem to have the right moves in the game.

259785-wcw-world-championship-wrestling-nes-screenshot-some-of-the.png

Since when did Ric Flair use a Jumping Neck Breaker Drop? Imagine my surprise years later when I found out the reason why no one has the right move is because FCI (the company who made the game) just went back and copied a wrestling game released in 1988 for the Famicom:

fami.jpg

SuperStar Pro Wrestling was the name of the game, and it featured Japanese legends like Giant Baba, Akira Maeda, Bruiser Brody, and Abdullah the Butcher. There was one clever inside joke, the boss of the WCW game was a large masked wrestler named WCW Master who had height and weight in the game very similar to the real life proportions of Andre the Giant. Indeed, the boss of SuperStar Pro Wrestling was Andre, and as it happens WCW Master's mask was very similar to the one worn by the Giant Machine in the WWF. Of course the gag was when the Giant Machine was in the WWF, everyone acted like they didn't know who it could be under the mask when there was only one person it could possibly be given the size. So it can be taken as a wink to the knowing wrestling fan playing the game who this boss guy is supposed to be.

(video of someone on YouTube beating Andre as Vader)

I was able to track down SuperStar Pro Wrestling recently, and it's really a fun game to play. If you played the WCW game as a kid, it's exactly the same control wise, even the music is identical. It's definitely worth tracking down if you have a way of playing Famicom games, or even on an emulator if you prefer that way.

CM Punk....ON SMACKDOWN????

Holy poop, my heart just raced. They need to warn me about this. I am prepared on Mondays because I know he will be on but not on Fridays <3

If I recall correctly, AJ was the diva who dressed up like Kitana. Which, by association, would make this whole awkward AJ/CM Punk thing basically what would happen if Jade met him. Right? That's what I just watched?

Why does santino still make me laugh?

*continues trying to roll an R* lol

Jade probably wants to kill AJ. lol... Oh and Jade good news Punk Digs crazy chicks.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify this?

I thought stone cold left after wrestlemania because of his health issues...

But i've been hearing that he left because he didn't want to lose to brock lesnar at the next wrestlemania

I also heard that he hated the fact he had to lose to the rock at WM....

any truth to this?

Austin left because his neck was in such bad shape at the time one bad bump could have messed him up for life. He's never had a problem losing as long as it made sense. The famous "Austin took his ball and went home" stuff happened because they booked him to lose to The Coach on RAW and he (rightly) told them to F themselves.

Austin left because his neck was in such bad shape at the time one bad bump could have messed him up for life. He's never had a problem losing as long as it made sense. The famous "Austin took his ball and went home" stuff happened because they booked him to lose to The Coach on RAW and he (rightly) told them to F themselves.
I thought it was a match against Brock Lesnar? He didnt want to waste the time because he saw it as a big PPV match