The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Raw was decent this week. Maybe me being there for it, helped. Haven't really watched past few weeks. The dark main event was entertaining. CM Punk, doing Earthquake's signature move was hilarious.

So I haven't heard if Jade's man jacking Dolph's jaw was legit or not. Apparently he (Dolph) said on Twitter that his jaw got busted from that punch.

Either way, Hugh was awesome as host. It was clear he's a big fan and even though he was basically there to plug a movie he WANTED to be there and it made all the difference.

So I haven't heard if Jade's man jacking Dolph's jaw was legit or not. Apparently he (Dolph) said on Twitter that his jaw got busted from that punch.

Either way, Hugh was awesome as host. It was clear he's a big fan and even though he was basically there to plug a movie he WANTED to be there and it made all the difference.

It was reported as fake, which I already figured, because you can tell in the video. Dolph just sold it REALLY well but, yeah, watch the video and you will see what I mean...Hugh's arm is already pretty much fully extended before it even 'connects' with Dolph.

So I'm kind of excited for Ring of Honor's new TV show to debut this weekend. For those who don't know, ROH is the defacto #3 promotion behind WWE and TNA, and do a no-BS style that reminds me of old 80s NWA territory wrestling with no SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT and soap opera writers.

The Wrestling YouTube Thread

I was thinking I'd put a little compilation together of videos that sum it up best when people ask me, "why do you watch that wrestling stuff anyway?"

Probably the best video any wrestling company has ever done. Spans 40+ years of history and will give goosebumps to anyone who's ever enjoyed watching it:

Randy Savage's famous pre-match promo at Wrestlemania III, HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN:

Speaking of Macho, another famous Wrestlemania moment, this time at WM 7 where he lost what was at the time supposed to be his retirement match to the Ultimate Warrior. Sherri Martel turns on him afterwards for losing, only for his long suffering ex manager Elizabeth to come in for the rescue. It was the perfect way to end the WWF chapter of their story since Randy was portrayed as kind of a bully to her all those years and seeing him basically make amends for that caused a lot of jaded wrestling fans to get something in their eye that day. Just goes to show wrestling can to a soap opera-ish story and not come off as pandering and stupid like they do so often today.

Finally, a match that is famous for several reasons. First, it was Mick Foley's first WWF championship win. Secondly, this was the match that was spoiled on the live episode of Nitro (RAW was taped that week) with the famous line "That'll put butts in the seats". It ended up being the turning point in the Monday Night War since everyone watching Nitro turned the channel to see it. Third, the end of the match features the loudest and largest crowd reaction you'll ever see at a wrestling show.

Feel free to add your favorites as well.

lol I'm watching the Pens-Oilers game and during a break in action they started playing Cult of Personality in the arena. I was hoping CM Punk was in the building....

Raw was atrocious today and made no sense. The beginning had a bit of promise that left you interested in seeing how the show would go after the 'walk out' but it quickly went to shit and things were so randomly thrown together.

Cm punk sounds just like Micheal Cole...

But yea that episode was shit

i thought they had something going with Cena, Shemoose, and Punk commentating

but nooooooooo they canceled it

Cm punk sounds just like Micheal Cole...
But yea that episode was shit
i thought they had something going with Cena, Shamus, and Punk commentating.
but nooooooooo they canceled it

it was ok. wish they'd kill cena off as a face and push him as a heel cause punks over and cena's not anymore why keep pushing him as something he nolonger is. i like what they did for mark henry he's shit in the ring (getting better) but is good on the mic.

Re: Instant Classic!! Hogan Cuts a Promo On Tebow!!

ESPN is for REAL sports, not 'roided up rasslers like Terry Bollea whose profession is all scripted!

Get him off of ESPN and keep him off!

Train, say your prayers, and shoot your steroids!

Last edited:
Re: Instant Classic!! Hogan Cuts a Promo On Tebow!!

ESPN is for REAL sports, not 'roided up rasslers like Terry Bollea whose profession is all scripted!

Get him off of ESPN and keep him off!

Train, say your prayers, and shoot your steroids!

I agree with you! but Hogan put the Rasslin on the World map! The 80's era wasnt that bad bro. I know TRMK is probably 99.9 percent rasslin fans lmao. I doubt they even know who Tim Tebow Is lol But I love The Crossover Promo These don't happen often!! Tebow Is A bust Quinn should be starting before tebow!