The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I almost cried when I heard the Rock's music hit.

My man is 3-0 against that douche, Cena. SUCK IT, JOHN.

The fruity pebbles quote was classic.

I won't lie, I totally marked for him

I've got to wonder though if his movie career is fizzling? I've read for years that he's said he would never wrestle again, and couldn't see himself back in the WWE. If he does stick around past Wrestlemania, I've got to wonder why.

He wouldn't need the money if he were getting film roles, and if he does step back in the ring, it would probably be for something similar to Trips/Undertaker (not every week and with large chunks of time off).

In fact I remember reading an interview with him a couple of weeks ago where he went into detail as to why he didn't feel the need to come back to wrestling anymore (he went down a list of goals he set for himself and how he accomplished them).

I dunno. If he is back with the company for a long term basis, its definitely something out of left field for sure.

Just heard about this.
My hometown hero.
I'm sad that I missed it.

I stopped watching WWE 8 years ago, and now he's back?

Is this long term, or is he just out to promote another dumb Disney movie, like Tooth Fairy part 2?

Just heard about this.
My hometown hero.
I'm sad that I missed it.

I stopped watching WWE 8 years ago, and now he's back?

Is this long term, or is he just out to promote another dumb Disney movie, like Tooth Fairy part 2?

He specifically said that he's "not back to promote a movie", and that he's "not leaving again". Two quotes more or less from tonight. Take it for what its worth.

Gotta start watching WWE again.
The only few people that I know on that roster are probably Triple H, Shawn Michaels (if he's still in), Kane, Undertaker and Cena(due to movie trailers).

Everyone else is NEW to me.

EDIT:
Just noticed that I became a Seasoned Kombatant with my 1,001 post :-D

Gotta start watching WWE again.
The only few people that I know on that roster are probably Triple H, Shawn Michaels (if he's still in), Kane, Undertaker and Cena(due to movie trailers).

Everyone else is NEW to me.

EDIT:
Just noticed that I became a Seasoned Kombatant with my 1,001 post :-D

Lol congrats araknyd! :p. But in regards to your post, HBK retired and is being inducted into the hall of fame this year. Triple H is operating shit behind the scenes and we dont know when/if he will make a comeback. Cena is the hero douchebag as always, kane is a heel and undertaker hasnt been seen for a while.

WOW. That's a lot of stuff that happened, Taj.

I guess The Rock would be the ONLY reason that I would watch again.
Watching him make fun of / beat up random jabronies is fine with me.

So thanks to this thread, I just HAD to find his little comeback speech. And was not disappointed at all! I hope he stays for a good long while, bringing back with him the old Attitute era.

Also, Aldo, Youtube is your friend.

I hope The Rock kicks John Cena's ass. I got a feeling tho that all these little kids are going to be on the Cena's dick.
Also, Aldo, Youtube is your friend.

Thank you:D

EDIT:Just got thru watching the video. Man I am happy. Why the hell were little kids thumbing down and booing at the Rock? He is the shit!

Last edited:
The Miz vs John Cena
Edge vs Alberto Del Rio

What dull main events, I'm predicting Superman Cena's just going to come out and maul The Miz, although I can see Alberto winning the World Heavyweight Championship which would be an awesome change from Edge always winning the damn WHC. Although I was hoping that Christian would somehow get into the match, since Del Rio did end up injuring him.

But still, I was hoping someone else would have won the Raw Elimination Chamber like Punk or Morrison, who are deserving of the WWE Title, instead giving Cena another damn title match. If the WWE seriously wants to push new talent and have them over, then giving someone like Punk or Morrison the Main Event match at Wrestlemania would do wonders for them.

I mean seriously look at this guys
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...PPV-To-Break-A-Interesting-Streak-For-WWE.htm

Hurrrr.

Was seriously hoping that a Rock vs Cena match was going to happen, although time will tell, It'd be awesome if The Rock did a run in and costed Cena the WWE Title at Wrestlemania.

The fruity pebbles quote was classic.

I couldn't contain my laughter when The Rock said:

".... and just as sure as John Cena comes out here every night, looking like he got shot out of Barney The Dinosaur's ANUS ....."

Between that and him telling Michael Cole to "Know Your DAMN Role," I was beyond happy.

MK coming back to its roots, The Rock back on WWE, Thor and Captain America.

2011 is turning out to be freakin' AWSOME!!!

The only time wrestling was ever any good was during the Rock/Stone Cold era. Good to know that The Brahma Bull has returned. WWE NEEDS the Rock.

I LOVED watching wrestling when I was younger.
I stopped watching wrestling when Kane married Lita and they had a baby then it died then all that other drama shit.
Not bashing anyone who watches it, just isn't for me anymore.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge & Kelly Kelly def. Drew McIntyre & Vickie Guerrero
Vickie Guerrero took part in the second SmackDown Mixed Tag Team Match in three weeks, knowing that if she and her partner Drew McIntyre lost, SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long would fire her as the show's Official Consultant.

When Vickie stood in Edge’s way as he was about to Spear McIntyre in the climatic moments of the match, Kelly Kelly took her down with The Master Manipulator’s signature maneuver. The Ultimate Opportunist then followed suit, Spearing the "Chosen One" to seal his ex-wife’s fate.

After a jubilant Teddy Long fired his Official Consultant, an hysterical Vickie pledged with everyone she could to keep her job, including Edge himself. This prompted the 11-time World Champion to lead the WWE Universe in another rendition of “Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.” However, as The Rated-R Superstar watched Vickie walk off in disgrace, his WrestleMania No. 1 contender Alberto Del Rio attacked him, locking him in his vicious cross armbreaker.

Big Show def. Wade Barrett by Count-out
With The Corre banned from ringside – by order of SmackDown GM Theodore Long – Big Show went one-on-one with Wade Barrett. Though Barrett launched an impressive offense against The World’s Largest Athlete, the giant roared back, leaving his war-torn opponent outside the ring to pick up the victory by count-out. When The Corre reemerged after the match, Big Show blasted WWE Tag Team Champion Justin Gabriel with a steel chair and sent the intimidating faction fleeing from the ring.

Jack Swagger def. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston in a Non-title Match
Despite being advised by doctors not to compete – just five days after his brutal WWE Elimination Chamber match with Alberto Del Rio (PHOTOS) – Kofi Kingston insisted on competing against Jack Swagger. In spite of a valiant effort by Kofi, The All-American American made the high-octane Superstar tap out with his dreaded ankle lock.

Rosa Mendes def. Layla by Disqualification
While Michelle McCool was seated at the announce table, Rosa Mendes knocked her out of her chair, raising the wrath of the flawless Diva. Michelle attacked Rosa, causing her partner-in-flawless to lose by disqualification. Although Layla and Michelle walked out together, the circumstances surrounding the English-born Diva’s defeat brought noticeable friction between Team Lay-Cool.

Rey Mysterio def. Kane
After suffering the full force of Kane’s sadistic brutality, Rey Mysterio charged back to dial-up the 619 on his frightening foe. The Devil’s Favorite Demon hauled the masked Superstar’s follow-up attack, catching his prey in mid-air. But, before he could capitalize, Mysterio used his incredible athletic prowess to drop The Big Red Monster to the canvas for the quick pin.

After the match, WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes made a surprise journey to the ring, apologizing to Mysterio for his son Cody Rhodes’ poor attitude and for his statements blaming the masked Superstar for his injury. When he pushed Cody to apologize as well, the younger Rhodes shook his adversary’s hand. However, seconds later, while the senior Rhodes was shaking The Ultimate Underdog’s hand, his son attacked, making it clear that the Rhodes family had been scheming together for revenge. The once-“Dashing” Superstar proceeded to deliver a devastating assault on The Master of the 619 and ripped off his mask off.

Wade Barrett losing to the Big Slow pissed me off.

Meh, seemed like a boring show. Does anyone think The Rock is gonna appear on Raw this Monday to retaliate against Cena?

Does anyone think The Rock is gonna appear on Raw this Monday to retaliate against Cena?

Absolutely not. The Rock may appear one more time before WrestleMania on RAW, but it won't be tomorrow night. The big problem for WWE is its steadily declining ratings, and to not advertise The Rock for an upcoming televised show is downright stupid on their part. Money was thrown at The Rock to get him to come back to spark their WrestleMania buyrates, and as convincing as his welcome back speech sounded, he's in it for the money and to promote F&F 5.