The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
A Pirate WTF?

Can someone please tell me why Paul Burchill is being booked as a F#@*%$g Pirate?

The man is a monster in the ring, and the WWE is using him as a cheap Captain Jack Black rip off!

Check this out......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEYEQ9wgoQ&search=burchill

The gimmick has been done before, remember Jean Pierre Lafitte?

Also he got murdered in a squash match against Mark Henry this week.

I can't see where they are going with this gimmick.

Darth Sadistic wrote:
Can someone please tell me why Paul Burchill is being booked as a F#@*%$g Pirate?
Cause he's English. Who else would be stupid enough to play a pirate? :lol: :lol:

seriously though, i quite like the gimmick. Its funny, but i do agree its not going anywhere. Thats the wwe for you, they start somethin then just let it fade to shit! :roll:

lol you guys are funny.
anyways, I think the song is called This Fire Burns. Maybe I'm wrong because it totally sounds different from the other one I talked about like 5/6/7 posts ago.

^ I agree with you wholy. It is pretty funny. Not a bad finisher either, the jumping STO, which was dubbed "Walking the Plank" by Tazz.

RIPLIUKANG said:
^ I agree with you wholy. It is pretty funny. Not a bad finisher either, the jumping STO, which was dubbed "Walking the Plank" by Tazz.

Yeah, that jumping STO kicks ass. The only problem is if he'd pull it off on some of the bigger/taller guys in the WWE. I.E., The Big Show, Kane, The Undertaker, HHH, ect.

First of all it's not anything like an STO, it's more like a backflip Rock Bottom.

Secondly they changed it's name from "The C4" to "Walking the Plank" WTF?

Kosta said:
Yeah, but it may be shit for a story line, but it's funny as hell :lol:.

Again the good ol' wwe have taken someone who has a slight piece of talent, and gave him a fuked up storyline which makes him look like a dick!! Altho it is seriously hilarious :wink:

Darth Sadistic said:
I think that you missed the point, you're suppossed to name WRESTLERS.

He was; those are indy fed wrestlers.

Anyway, my top 5 right now are:

5: Shawn Michaels
4: Christopher Daniels
3: AJ Styles
2: Triple H
1: Samoa Joe

RIPLIUKANG said:
Darth Sadistic said:
I think that you missed the point, you're suppossed to name WRESTLERS.

He was; those are indy fed wrestlers.

God will someone please get this guy a sarcasm detector for his christmas!!!!!!!!.....and anyways, feds like czw arent wrestling...there just about ppl like necro butcher near killing each other with barbed wire etc...which at the moment is highly entertaining compared to some of the pish the wwe are producing

Bring On ECW!!!!!!!

Darth Sadistic said:
First of all it's not anything like an STO, it's more like a backflip Rock Bottom.

It was originally labled and I think named on Velocity as a backflip STO, so that's what I said it as. Lol though, that name fits. Even though the C4 sounds more like a move.

Oh, and his story got even better with his new "buxum wench" :cool:

Yeah fair enough then, as Josh Matthews likes to make things up as he goes along. :lol:

STO (Space Tornado Ogawa) is a sweep in which a wrestler wraps one arm across the chest of his/her opponent and sweeps the opponent's legs with his/her own leg to slam the other wrestler back-first. This can also be a lariat-legsweep combination to slam down opponent. Same as the judo sweep O-soto-gari. Naoya Ogawa adapted the move into pro wrestling, and was an Olympic judoka.

Christopher Daniels uses this move a lot. Burchill's C4 as nothing to do with sweeping the leg. Instead I consider it to be more of a backflip Uranage Suplex.

Also known as Sambo suplex and The Rock Bottom. The wrestler stands face to face with the opponent, slightly to their side. The wrestler tucks his head under the opponent's near arm, and reaches across the opponent's chest and around their neck with his near arm. The wrestler then simultaneously lifts the opponent up,and falls forwards slamming them down to the mat back first.

Kosta said:
Darth Sadistic said:

It was originally labled and I think named on Velocity as a backflip STO, so that's what I said it as. Lol though, that name fits. Even though the C4 sounds more like a move.

Oh, and his story got even better with his new "buxum wench" :cool:

who is she?

Darth Sadistic said:
STO (Space Tornado Ogawa) is a sweep in which a wrestler wraps one arm across the chest of his/her opponent and sweeps the opponent's legs with his/her own leg to slam the other wrestler back-first. This can also be a lariat-legsweep combination to slam down opponent. Same as the judo sweep O-soto-gari. Naoya Ogawa adapted the move into pro wrestling, and was an Olympic judoka.

God someones defo been looking up his wrestling encyclopedia=P

The Phenomenal One said:
Darth Sadistic said:

:oops: :lol:

Darth Sadistic said:
The Phenomenal One said:
Darth Sadistic said:

:oops: :lol:

Hey its kool...it makes a chamge to find an englishman who can actually read :lol: :wink: