The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Apparently people are up in arms about this, but tbh I really dont care. Besides AJ there is really no one else worth watching IMO.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...f-the-divas-future-of-womens-wrestling-in-wwe

I think it is funny how because TRIPLE H was never a fan of women's wrestling, it should be banished.

There are actually a few talented women in the WWE who are being used incorrectly or not used at all: AJ, Eve, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Tamina spring to my mind immediately. Eve and AJ are actually quite good in the ring, yet, instead of utilizing their skills, they give them manager/assistant/bullshit roles.

Beth gets thrown under the bus all the time for no reason (well, other than to make garbage like Kelly Kelly look good), Natalya disappeared after her stupid OMG I FARTED stint, and Tamina has fallen off the face of the earth.

Instead of getting rid of it, work on IMPROVING it.

I am sure if Stephanie were active on the roster, he wouldn't have a problem with the division.

It seems that they start to do good things with some of the ladies and then they suddenly kill the angle.

So is anyone watching SummerSlam this year? I will because I always get the "big four" shows, but it's been shocking how badly they've misused Lesnar. I get that he's a pain in the ass backstage (the angle with him demanding extras in his contract is pretty much how he is backstage IRL), but the guy headlined PPVs in UFC that drew over a million buys and they are just pissing him away.

....k, I just found a picture of Punk with a Red Wings hat.

I came all over the place.

HE HAS A HAT OF MY TEAM

Last edited:
WWE comedy skits tend to vary from mildly unfunny to kitten-punting bad, but the anger management class skits ruled so hard. Kane recapping his entire WWE career in the most deadpan way possible had me lol'ing so hard. When he capped it off with his unexplained hatred of Pete Rose I nearly peed.

I thought this meme was incredibly funny and accurate.

sigpic216354_2.gif

Jerry Lawler taken to a local hospital after collapsing and convulsing at the announcer's table tonight. Michael Cole left the both after another 10 minutes, so there has been no commentary for the past half hour. Initial reports say either heart attack or stroke, but all we knew is he is at the hospital, breathing on his own, and presumably stable.

I know Ive hated his commentary for the past few years, but damn, I didn't want the guy to up and almost die. Hope he gets better.

Last week when it was just cole calling the matches I enjoyed it then Miz came and cole fell back into that heel role.

Oh and when does this happen? I'm right up to the bryan, Kane match.

You will see Cole in the background looking behind the booth, tending to Lawler, and the crowd is on it's feet looking over at their booth as well and only Cole is talking (obviously). Kane looks over at times as well.

You will see Cole in the background looking behind the booth, tending to Lawler, and the crowd is on it's feet looking over at their booth as well and only Cole is talking (obviously). Kane looks over at times as well.

That's terrible. What do you think caused it?

I'd guess him working to hard in the ring.

I've noticed that when cole is neutral and puts his bias aside his solo commentary is good.

Last edited:
It seems to have been confirmed he had a heart attack, and he was actually very lucky it happened at a WWE event where they have a full medical staff + EMTs in case someone gets injured during the show. I concur with the major props to Michael Cole for holding things together like a real pro. He was a legit reporter/war correspondent before joining WWE and he's seem some terrible shit in his day, but nothing like seeing someone you consider a friend nearly dying right next to you.

Wow, I just found out Lawler's heart attack was real.

I was working last night and walked through the cafeteria, sat down for 5 mins just as Cole was talking kayfabe to the monitor. Then woke up this morning and read it on Yahoo news. Sounds like he is recovering but damn that is scary.

It really scared me when I found out that Lawler was actually clinically dead for 20 minutes before he was in the hospital. That long of a time can cause brain damage too, so he may not be back on commentary ever again.

Hope he is okay.

That's terrible. What do you think caused it?

I'd guess him working to hard in the ring.

I reckon that weasil Bobby the Brain Heenan was behind this.

Has everyone forgot Jerry took a dig at Brother Love having a heart attack the other week/month?

Last edited by a moderator: