The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I can't effing wait until this Monday! Bret Hart PLUS William Shatner?

VINCE READ MY LETTER.

What was in your letter? Do you agree with my last post on this page about Bret Hart in a Triple Threat match, etc.

What's Vince's address? I have a great storyline regarding a ossible brief return of Jake The Snake Roberts at WrestleMania involving Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. Roberts will be a key factor in that WM match!!!

I sent Vince some nudes <.<

I read today that Triple H is the favourite to win RR and go on to face Sheamus. I hope to hell that doesn't happen......as for Bret Hart, I doubt he'll actually wrestle. He had a stroke and it's too much of a risk for him to step in the ring.

(tl:dr version at the end)

According to reports close to WWE the original plan was to have HBK and HHH eliminate each other at the Royale Rumble thus ultimatly allowing HBK to go after Undertaker and HHH to go after Sheamus thus ending DX as they have been planning to, Although alot of people were unhappy about this so they are changing it, On the bright side the same person also said that if Edge is well enough he could return at the Rumble to and eliminate Jericho and thus start a feud with him

About the Bret / Vince storyline, as far as I know there is meant to be a whole big set up where each week they insult / beat up / trash talk each other which will lead to Wrestlemania where either Bret will fight Vince or Bret will chose somone else and if they were to bring someone up to main even status it could very well be one of the Hart Dynasty

(tl:dr version - HHH and HBK were ment to elimate each other and get title shots on raw and smackdown, Edge might return at rumble depening on recovery, And at wrestlmania it will be vince vs bret to settle it all)

Can't believe Paul Bearer is back and doesn't look any different than he did back in the day. I lol'd.

After 5 years of following TNA I'm coming so close to giving up on them, this new "Immortal" angle they've got going on is horrible especially since Hogan, Flair and Bischoff are apart of it, those 3 should never EVER be in TNA period they're dragging down TNA's own talent along with Ex-WWE Wrestlers that are coming in, I long the days in 2005 when TNA was just simply awesome.

TNA sucks so bad now, it's ridiculous.

I am a fan of Sheamus but he needs to get rid of that stupid crown, it looks retarded.

If my Punk jobs to that twit, Cena, tonight, I am going to be PISSED.

Just wanted to let you all know I just bought this and I'm shitting my pants in anticipation for it's delivery. Piper is LIFE.

CC6rQ5QmkKGrHqNl0Ez00Gyc8BNM0UHgwjg_12.jpg

Would be interesting to see who wins the Rumble this year. They seem to really be pushing Alberto Del Rio hard so I wouldn't be surprised if its him. However, I also wouldn't be surprised for Trips to come in at #40 and eliminates Sheamus or Cena to win it since its been speculated that his return has been "imminent" for several weeks now. It will almost certainly happen at the Rumble.

The only problem here is that his next logical match is to continue the feud with Sheamus. For that to happen they would need to somehow find a way to put the belt on him between now and WM to make it work, and I don't see that happening (Sheamus is awesome when utilized properly and they really need to get the belt on him again soon, although Miz is a great champ and its refreshing for the belt not to be on Orton/Cena for a change. They need to keep it away from those two as long as possible).

Wade Barrett, Del Rio, Cena, (the loser of Orton/Miz), and Trips are all wild cards this year, as I could see WWE pushing any one of those guys into a headline match at WM. Hard to tell, but you can almost bank on at least 3 of the final 4 participants being in that list. Nobody else has a legitimate shot IMO of winning it.

@Jade: I'm jealous of your purchase. It looks SWEET!!

@Grune: While HHH would be the surprise pick to be in (and win) the rumble, I think he's going to retire if he's not already. Del Rio is a good pick, and I think WWE should push him even more; he seems to be getting over big with the fans.

The Royal Rumble better be good this year (I only get it and Wrestlemania now), and this whole concept of 40 people is just a way to draw out the length of the PPV or possibly shortening every other match. Either way, I assume it'll be a good PPV. Hopefully blowing up the entrants doesn't mean a decrease in talent or working ability in the match; that would just breaking my ****ing heart.

I've got Triple H as entrant #40. Two out of the last three Rumbles there's been a surprise entrant as the last one (one year it was Cena coming back early from a pectoral tear, another year it was Triple H). I think they continue this theme and he's #40. I think the only way it works for him not winning the rumble is if Sheamus is still in and he eliminates them both (clothes line over the top but his momentum carries him over as well). That would setup a series of matches between them culminating with a rematch for them at WM (if I remember correctly Triple H beat Sheamus last year). As for who wins the Rumble? I think they're building up Punk as being the guy you expect to have the advantage, with 3 henchman in the rumble (of course Wade Barrett will have 3 also). However, I think with HHH/Sheamus out of the match, it'll come down to Punk and Cena with Cena throwing Punk over for the win. That will be 1/2 of the WM match its been speculated will take place. I would expect Randy Orton to either get the title at the Rumble, or at one of the subsequent PPV's so you'll have Cena/Orton for the title at WM (possibly with Miz or Punk to make it a triple threat).

In short, I think Cena goes over the young guys for another headline match.

I have to disagree with Cena because he is actually fighting with a lot of nagging injuries right now (particularly his neck and I believe his hip) and he wants to take off some time soon to heal so it wouldn't make sense to have him winning the RR, headlining WM and then suddenly taking time off.

The WWE has been pushing Wade and what better way to give him a giant push than to win RR and go on to headline WM and possibly take on the Undertaker, assuming he is healthy enough, which was apparently one of the WWE's plans.

I have to disagree with Cena because he is actually fighting with a lot of nagging injuries right now (particularly his neck and I believe his hip) and he wants to take off some time soon to heal so it wouldn't make sense to have him winning the RR, headlining WM and then suddenly taking time off.

Ok, but your theory about the Undertaker doesn't work since the winner gets a title shot and he doesn't have the belt. Also they've been planning on trying to get Orton/Cena for WM for a while now as well. Barrett could win, but then would he face Edge instead? I don't see Taker coming back before WM as they're even wondering if he'll be healthy enough to compete then. So I guess a more logical choice to approach it from a Smackdown point of view is, who would make sense facing Edge for the title since he's the only guy on that roster healthy enough and with a big enough name to headline WM for that brand? A WB/Edge program could work.

I think Cena is fine health wise (or he wouldn't have come back from his hip injury and would have instead taken more time off to heal up between now and WM) so I'm locked in for the Cena pick to have him come in and win to go on and face Orton (who I think will get the belt sometime between now and then, unless they triple threat it with Miz having the belt and both of them gunning for it like they did the year I went with HHH/Cena/Orton) for the headline match.