The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Who? Barista?

whhe0.jpg

Reigns isn't ready. Batista is. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Kidding aside I do think Reigns should have won.

A lot of people have been saying Reigns isn't ready. I get where people are coming from, but, IMO, I think it would have been worth it to give him a shot. He is doing really well standing out in the Shield storyline, I don't think he would have a problem being a main guy. We get the same main guys all the time, would be refreshing to have a new face in this mix :)

A lot of people have been saying Reigns isn't ready. I get where people are coming from, but, IMO, I think it would have been worth it to give him a shot. He is doing really well standing out in the Shield storyline, I don't think he would have a problem being a main guy. We get the same main guys all the time, would be refreshing to have a new face in this mix :)

I'd love to see this, but not until maybe a few years from now. A lot of these big stars come in and immediately get shot to the top (ie : Brock Lesnar) and leave in a short amount of time. A lot of these wrestlers are goal oriented, and getting shot straight to the top so quickly makes them ask "What next?" and the answer really is not much. The only reason why John Cena has stuck around is because he's practically the face of the company and keeps the big bucks rolling in with merch sales. He makes bank, although I wish he'd put over a lot more people instead.

Also, I tried to make myself believe that this whole Punk thing was a work, but I now realize this is serious. He deserves better than a lackluster rivalry with Kane. But he also has enough money saved up where he can sit on his ass for a while too. Maybe if WWE works with him again, he'll come back again. It's a shame that WWE is taking one of their best wrestlers and just shoving him aside like that. He's willing to put people over, give the best matches on the card, and they shit on him like that.

R.I.P Nelson Frazier Junior A.K.A Viscera and King Mabel. Passed away at age 43 4 days after his 43rd birthday. Man, that's sad. Poor guy. :(

Boretista deserved that "warm" reception he got from the fans when he returned. Getting a push for the title after that many years gone? Come on WWE, stop with your unhealthy obsessions with big, muscular dudes, it's getting asinine.

It's been over a year since I've been able to watch wrestling so I'm out of the loop... that said, would you rather have rey mysterio as champion, with the like of Taker, Orton, stupid Cena and what not?

What the he'll is up with kane? Corporate Kane now? He gets good story lines then really chappy ones.

Last edited:
omg

AJ and Punk are officially engaged.

I would love to say this is an April fool's joke, but, it isn't, it was before this, she wore her ring on last night's Raw, and it's been confirmed all over the place.

I have no further reason to live.

omg

AJ and Punk are officially engaged.

I would love to say this is an April fool's joke, but, it isn't, it was before this, she wore her ring on last night's Raw, and it's been confirmed all over the place.

I have no further reason to live.

Wow, Punk's going to settle down? I thought he was going to be the next George Clooney dater.

Yeah, I don't know where this all came from because he was always the guy saying he wasn't the marrying type, nor did he want kids.

I don't know what the fudge AJ did to him.

Honestly think Lita is way better looking than AJ. It makes the AJ-Punk-Bryan angle look a lot more real than it should have been, since he was dating Lita at the time.

Awkward.

I just read that. I wonder of him breathing so heavily after his speech on Raw was any indication of his condition. I mean, he always looked gassed out after he entered the ring, but that was because he was sprinting like a mad man. Sucks, man. I was excited as hell seeing him back in the WWE ring.

I haven't followed Rasslin' in 15 years, and I'm learning of this through bands and musicians I follow on Twitter. Thought it was bullshit at first due to him having been the subject of bogus death rumors in the past. Such a shame. RIP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I think Warrior knew his time was coming to an end. He made peace with a lot of people over the weekend that he had some bad beef with and his last speech sends chills up my spine.

I hate when I read about wrestlers from my childhood dying. I am going to go nuts when I have to read about Piper.

I think Warrior knew his time was coming to an end. He made peace with a lot of people over the weekend that he had some bad beef with and his last speech sends chills up my spine.

I hate when I read about wrestlers from my childhood dying. I am going to go nuts when I have to read about Piper.

Hellwig's death was a surprise for me. I was shocked when my friend told me the bad news. Gonna be missed that guy, and I don't blame you about Piper too. I am going to effin crazy.

Shit, I can't imagine what Hellwig's family are going through and his former tag team partner Steve "Sting" Borden feels about his recent passing.

Here's the video of Hellwig's last promo:

Last edited:
I used to be a big wrestling fan in the good old days of wrestling back in the attitude era and even up until around 2004 but lost interest in it after that.

Nothing ever good happens these days. There are no wrestlers left like Mankind and Jeff Hardy who put everything on the line. I dont think anyone will ever forget when Jeff done a swanton off the entrance for instance. Also I heard a few years back a couple of wrestlers got fined for hitting each other with chairs which would have been encouraged back in the good old days.

This is just my personal thoughts on pro wrestling I am sure there is a lot of people here will agree with me and probably disagree with me too. All I know is I could never go back to watching pro wrestling again since getting into the UFC which is far a superior in my opinion.

Last edited:
I have always been a fan of Goldust. Not so much when he teamed with Booker T but whatever. I'm kinda liking Cody Rhodes new gimmick of Stardust, I liken it to Cesar Romeros Joker from the 1960s batman TV show.