The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Original ECW is my favorite promotion. Man I miss those days. At least I can always relive them. Hardcore TV 1996 is so awesome.

Also, Dynamite Kid > everyone.

Sorry but your comments about Goldberg are ridiculous. Goldberg is not that great of a wrestler. He's a big guy with hardly a handful of moves he used each match. Without that build of a body and those muscles, he wouldn't be as popular.

You put The Marshall down for his comments and tell him to back up his but what about yours?

Fact of the matter is....Goldberg was size and power but his in ring skills were awful.

It's the same as people who say Hulk Hogan is the greatest wrestler of all time. No, he isn't, his wrestling skills were garbage, his CHARACTER is the greatest character of all time because that is what made him, not his in-ring skills.

Everyone is free to have an opinion, but, come on, amesie, you can't point and laugh at someone when Goldberg was an overrated wrestler. Again, he had power and size. I am not knocking him for that, but, as a wrestler overall.....he was never that spectacular in the ring.

He wasn't the best I never said he was, but claiming Gilberg is at or on the level Goldberg was is crazy. I for one didn't like Goldberg and was happy when Batista/Evolution took him out. An I never said he was a good wrestler because to be frank he's not, he did the exact same thing I b*tch at Cena for doing three moves and special. It's just you can't say he had nothing to offer in the ring when Gillberg is the opposition.

As a professional wrestler, I'm confident in saying That you sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

Goldberg was garbage. he consistently injured people. His matches were abysmal. He was genuinely unaware of how to work a match that told any sort of story. Jade is right. He was a hype machine based on nothing but an entrance, a look, and a two step finisher.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Again show me once where I said he was a good wrestler? I just said he's better then Gillberg.

Dude the more you talk the more you show how little you really know about wrestling.

When you quote an accurate post of someone's and give this answer, you are not really proving THEM wrong, Ames.

The Marshall was correct in his assessment of Goldberg and you responded with that comment, on top of trying to push him to respond further, when he really didn't have to because his description of Goldberg was 100% correct.

Gillberg was a joke, we all know that, but Goldberg was an overhyped power machine that sucked in the ring....

I am interested in hearing why you think Goldberg was so good, and don't cop out in saying you never said that....your posts, especially about never being able to make another Goldberg, show that you think he is that damn good =)

It's easy to make another Goldberg...his name is Ryback. Give him a long winning streak with mediocre, at best, matches, two or three power moves, and a spectacle of an entrance. OMG GOLDBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

You don't have to get defensive, either.....

Looks like Paul Heyman is back, and I highly suspect he's been involved behind the scenes since Brock came back.

I'm not anything but enjoying the convo. =)
I liked the intense feel he brought to his matches. He sucked yes, I never said he was good but he did what he and F*cked up everything along the way. I say he can't be redone with Skip because he don't the same intense feel goldberg did. But comparing Gillberg with Goldberg and saying Goldberg is the one that had nothing offer is where I kinda say really? Come on.

I also said they couldn't redo Batista who is in fact my favorite wrestler regardless of ring skill and he botched almost everything idc. I still enjoyed his matches. :p

Every time I see that damn ass clown Mayson Ryan on my T.V. I wanna punch my fish right in his bowls.

Last edited:
I'm not anything but enjoying the convo. =)
I liked the intense feel he brought to his matches. He sucked yes, I never said he was good but he did what he and F*cked up everything along the way. I say he can't be redone with Skip because he don't the same intense feel goldberg did. But comparing Gillberg with Goldberg and saying Goldberg is the one that had nothing offer is where I kinda say really? Come on.

I also said they couldn't redo Batista who is in fact my favorite wrestler regardless of ring skill and he botched almost everything idc. I still enjoyed his matches. :p

Every time I see that damn ass clown Mayson Ryan on my T.V. I wanna punch my fish right in his bowls.

*facepalm*

Dude....you change your tune whenever people prove you wrong....<.<

You didn't think anyone could recreate Goldberg. That either means you think he was so bad, no one could ever be that bad, or he was so good, no one else could be him. Pretty sure you don't think he was so bad, no one else could be him.

Gillberg was a champ for 15 months, man. 15 straight months.

Hahaha.... No He wasn't the worst but he wasn't the best either. He like Batista had something that wwe try as the might can't duplicate for some reason. when did I change my tune? I've maintained the statement Ryback like Mayson Ryan is an awful idea.

but what eva Jade you can still be my secret lady :)

Hahaha.... No He wasn't the worst but he wasn't the best either. He like Batista had something that wwe try as the might can't duplicate for some reason. when did I change my tune? I've maintained the statement Ryback like Mayson Ryan is an awful idea.

but what eva Jade you can still be my secret lady :)

I'm not your secret lady....

Anyway, yeah, you did change your tune....you first implied that you thought Goldberg was so great and that Gillberg sucks...and then you go on to say Goldberg sucks.

Gillberg and Goldberg are exactly the same. Two guys that suck ass in the ring but are popular. You tried to argue against The Marshall's post but, really, you didn't provide any back up to your statements, and then you leap in to THEY CAN'T RECREATE HIM, but they did, and it's not hard to get a big wrestler with a minimal move set.

Batista is just as much of a garbage wrestler....Mason Ryan is actually better. I am guessing your hate for his Batista rip off look blinds you. I have seen him live. He does not suck. His live matches are actually quite entertaining and he shows his power. Can't say much for his TV time since he never really gets any. He is a good wrestler, they just need to use him properly.

Umm first I know you're not it was a joke I made a while back if you remember.
No i didn't I said against Gillberg, Goldberg had something.

[qoute]Again show me once where I said he was a good wrestler? I just said he's better then Gillberg.[/quote]
[qoute] It's just you can't say he had nothing to offer in the ring when Gillberg is the opposition.[/quote]

Umm first I know you're not it was a joke I made a while back if you remember.
No i didn't I said against Gillberg, Goldberg had something.

Oh man.....

Gillberg AND Goldberg had something. My god, Ames, seriously? -_- They were both popular for a reason....and they both sucked in the ring, only Gillberg had an excuse to suck....he was a jobber.

Feck it, I am not gonna argue about this any longer. You get so easily butthurt and you just don't get what people are saying to you.

Anyway, I lol'd at 'you're stupid and ugly' and had a little marking moment at the mention of Mike Tyson's Punch Out!

What's even funnier about Miz's Punch-Out line is that when Clay tries to dance it really does look like the King Hippo shuffle.