The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I am buying tickets to see the Raw Super Show at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C.

LIVE.

My first WWE show, I've always wanted to go as a kid.
I wanna go to one but only really to see Taker, chances of that happening in the UK are nill these days. Cant afford Wrestlemania, heck i dont know how folk in the US afford Wrestlemania, well decent seats anyway.....

I am buying tickets to see the Raw Super Show at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C.

LIVE.

My first WWE show, I've always wanted to go as a kid.

Live shows are the greatest things ever.

It is never boring. Even when I went to shitty TNA, it wasn't boring because it was live.

I dress up, give the finger (to John Cena), boo the idiots, cheer for my heroes while standing up and making hand gestures. Basically, if you want to be embarrassed, go to a show with me.

Man, AJ in a dress on Smackdown..... *disappointedblackguyshakinghead.gif*

Girl's got a terminal case of Noassatall.

For the cool old people, you will remember that Demolition had one of the best themes ever.

Now if you're really old school check this out. This guy influenced a lot of wrestlers like Undertaker and Stone Cold. Nobody can cut promos like Jake The Snake Roberts. Especially heel Jake The Snake Roberts...

Jake the Snake is ****ing awesome, one of my fav wrestlers ever, and very underrated on the mic. Randy Orton rips him off. Jake > Randy.

I'm still legit angry that they changed Dolph Ziggler's song. The hell, man, his song was awesome. This new one blows. I am Perfection was baws.

It's a shame that Jake had so many drug problems, when he had his head straight he was absolutely brilliant. The DVD that WWE released about him was great too, especially the part where he explains he made sure his promos stood out by speaking quietly in an era where everyone was yelling all the time. It gave him an aura of a seriously scary mofo who meant what he was saying, and it made people lean forward and pay attention to what he was saying.

Speaking of great promos, holy poop @ Chris Jericho tonight. I figured his match with Punk would be great, but the storyline had me feeling kind of "meh" until the last couple weeks. Punk was great at being both pissed off and sympathetic, and Jericho's promo tonight was just off the charts. The moment he started off ".....but your sister....", it was like OHHHH SHIIIIII!

For the cool old people, you will remember that Demolition had one of the best themes ever.

Fuji power baby!

I'm still legit angry that they changed Dolph Ziggler's song. The hell, man, his song was awesome. This new one blows. I am Perfection was baws.

I think because of the obvious similarities between Ziggler and Mr. Perfect. "I am Perfection" was just pushing the issue too much. I do like Ziggler (minus the screaming whale) and his old theme song was great.

It's a shame that Jake had so many drug problems, when he had his head straight he was absolutely brilliant. The DVD that WWE released about him was great too, especially the part where he explains he made sure his promos stood out by speaking quietly in an era where everyone was yelling all the time. It gave him an aura of a seriously scary mofo who meant what he was saying, and it made people lean forward and pay attention to what he was saying.
Speaking of great promos, holy poop @ Chris Jericho tonight. I figured his match with Punk would be great, but the storyline had me feeling kind of "meh" until the last couple weeks. Punk was great at being both pissed off and sympathetic, and Jericho's promo tonight was just off the charts. The moment he started off ".....but your sister....", it was like OHHHH SHIIIIII!

I always enjoy looking back at early Cactus Jack promos (ECW), Austin, the Harts, Taker, Goldust, Demolition, LOD, the Rock.
I hold people like Jericho, Piper, Raven, Dusty Rhodes, Jake Roberts on a much higher level in terms of talkers because they were allowed to write their own promos. Guys that can write their own stuff and "get over" always get my attention.

subzero ravenwood said:
think because of the obvious similarities between Ziggler and Mr. Perfect. "I am Perfection" was just pushing the issue too much. I do like Ziggler (minus the screaming whale) and his old theme song was great.

But now they have him acting a lot like Rick Flair.

I watch wrestling every single week. Nothing about Dolph makes me think of Flair. Not even the blond hair, lol. I see Mr. Perfect in him.

He is sort of a mix of Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel. Moreso Mr. Perfect.

Just because he did one Flair taunt doesn't mean his character = Ric Flair. CM Punk does a tribute to Macho Man with his flying elbow. That doesn't mean his character = Macho Man =)

Everyone has an opinion. I just don't agree with the Ric Flair ref. Meh.

Anyway, Chris Jericho has been making me smile lately. I thought it was kinda lame that he had the heart to apologize to Punk but I had the same reaction as sek when he started with his sister, lol. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I see Mr. Perfect in him too, he would be a good talent if they took him from Vickie and left Swagger with her, they're holding him back as a mid to low card guy. When he could be so much better.

Chris is playing mind games with Punk like crazy. This is being setup really good, Wwe needs to go back after WM and see the genius between these two and make the rivalries accordingly, Move away from the comedy and make them seem somewhat real. Last thing we need is another Cena and Kane type rivalry.

I actually like him with Vickie, lol, she's a good heel. Swagger, though, is just useless with them. He's boring, they should just get rid of him, repackage him so he isn't another Kurt Angle, and do something interesting with him.

I actually liked him when they were giving him that push a few years ago, and then they just randomly dropped it because they are the WWE.

I actually like him with Vickie, lol, she's a good heel. Swagger, though, is just useless with them. He's boring, they should just get rid of him, repackage him so he isn't another Kurt Angle, and do something interesting with him.

I actually liked him when they were giving him that push a few years ago, and then they just randomly dropped it because they are the WWE.

Hai, Jade. (^_^)

He has mic skills and the talent to boot, It seem like they're more focused on her and not the two that actually do the wrestling and I agree she is a very good heel but she needs to take the back seat and let ziggler and swagger create the heat for themselves sometimes.
You mean back when he won the title and got super serious?

Anyone else wish they'd get rid cole and Booker T I can't understand what either of them are saying and it's annoying.

Cole is a good heel commentator, when he refrains from botching shit and just being plain stupid. There are a lot of times when he isn't even calling the match. Example, all he did when he had that little feud with Bryan was talk shit about him. Okay, we get it, you're a heel commentator and you are supposed to do that shit towards the fan favourites so people hate you, but when it comes to every single line he throws out, even in matches that AREN'T Bryan matches, it gets stupid and annoying.

Booker T is just shit.

I never liked Matt Stryker's commentary. He was too friggin' serious and it made things so cheesy....like, dude, did you get the memo that wrestling is fake? He knew what he was talking about but there was no need to go into super serious mode and the fact that a large portion of the audience is kids, it really didn't help that he used words those kids couldn't even repeat, let alone spell.

I kind of like Booker T. Yeah, he's horrible, but he gets into the action and it's like having one of your dumb buddies over to watch wrestling with who goes all "OHHH WOW DUDE THAT RULED" and throws his chips everywhere when something cool happens.

Also Daniel Bryan is so great in his current role, one of the best things in WWE by far right now. I love how he's got over as a heel not by yelling and screaming or saying he's going to do horrible things, but just by being a gigantic butthole to everyone around him. The way he constantly backhand compliments/insults AJ is awesome in how he does it and also because AJ looks like she's 12 years old.

lol TNA is so awful. You can see so much ripped off from WWE, especially some of the characters.

Ghey.

I don't know why I am watching this shit.