The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Say what you will about Santino Marella being nothing but a joke character (and he is), but damn if the crowd wasn't way into him winning that battle royale on Smackdown. In fact, I'd be kind of sad if they do something at the PPV to take him out of the match since it would just further teach the fans to not bother to get invested in anyone.

i'm going to take sek's post in another direction.

i'm disgusted with how wwe/ vince mcmahon/ michael heyes (racist ****ing bastard) has booked italian wrestlers (sorry, sports entertainers) in the last 2 decades.
my family is very pro italian as am i. there is a laundry list of italians that have been misrepresented, misused, underbooked and mocked. i'm sick of it.

i'm not saying santino should be world champ but at least give him the intercontinental title as a stepping stone. oh wait that title means nothing anymore.

Last edited:
He was IC champ, twice in fact. Once on his debut, and second when we was on his heel run of trying to be "better than the Honky Tonk Man" for longest reigning IC champ.

i'm going to take sek's post in another direction.

i'm disgusted with how wwe/ vince mcmahon/ michael heyes (racist ****ing bastard) has booked italian wrestlers (sorry, sports entertainers) in the last 2 decades.
my family is very pro italian as am i. there is a laundry list of italians that have been misrepresented, misused, underbooked and mocked. i'm sick of it.

i'm not saying santino should be world champ but at least give him the intercontinental title as a stepping stone. oh wait that title means nothing anymore.

I honestly can't think of any other Italian wrestlers in WWE other than Santino in that time frame. Paul Roma maybe? He was certainly given a push greater than his actual talent level.

The reason he gets pushed the way he does is that Vince doesn't believe he can work well in the ring, which is why when he does get put in a match it's either pure comedy or less than five minutes. However he's done such an amazing job of getting over based entirely on charisma alone, they keep putting him on TV. Normally once you get the "he can't work" tag, you're done in WWE. For an example, you may have noticed Brodus Clay hasn't been on TV for a while, Vince decided his ring work wasn't at the level he wanted it to be for a guy getting a big TV push so no more Funkasaurus.

If they put the character of santino on someone with the ability that some of these young guys seem to have they'd have a new Rick Flair. Speaking of Flair anyone notice that zigglers new gimmick is a mix of Flair and Mr. Perfect?

I haven't watched wrestling since Owen Hart died.

not that I stopped watching cuz he died or anything lol. That's just the last thing I remember about wrestling before I stopped actively watching it. I use to have all the wrestling games on the N64 back in the day.

okay why is cenas match the mainevent at a ppv called elimination chamber when both titles are on the match card in the elimination chamber?

What's funny is that obviously Chris Brown doesn't know Punk is legit straight edge, or that he's nailed every woman in wrestling that's come within a 10 foot radius of him so he may have 99 problems but pleasing a woman ain't one.

What's funny is that obviously Chris Brown doesn't know Punk is legit straight edge, or that he's nailed every woman in wrestling that's come within a 10 foot radius of him so he may have 99 problems but pleasing a woman ain't one.

This Chris Brown guy is a joke. I don't listen to terrible music, but I don't live under a rock either and after what he did he will never again be "Chris Brown the singer" but forever "Chris Brown the guy who beat up Rihanna".

Edit- The best part? I'm pretty sure real men don't trash talk their "haters" then delete the tweet like they're not mad, bro. If I've got something to say I say it I don't care who has a problem with it. Has the guts to hit a woman though... Nice backbone, jackass.

Last edited:
Once HHH came out, the exchange between him and Taker was just so great. Say what you will about those two as in ring workers, but there's very few guys who can do a promo like those two. Taker provoking him more and more was a thing of beauty, complete with rising "OH SNAP" reaction from the crowd.

im ok with this hhh vs taker at wm. i just hope hhh doesnt win. he already lots to undertaker twice at wm. i would hat to see him loose to someone he already won against before.

that part with eve at the beginning was funny. i was laughing pretty hard at that.

where the hell has adr been?