The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
TNA isn't up to the standard it used to be, as the past couple of years (i.e. Hogan getting into teh company) have seen a big spike downward in overall interest. Look at Victory Road last year and tell me with a straight face that was good planning on the company's part. WWE is frantically trying to write a good story that doesn't involved John Cena, but I do like what they are doing with CM Punk and, for a time, Mark Henry. Other than that, it's either go indy or go home for me.

Very true. I got into TNA a year before Hogan came in and I watched old ppvs and matches on youtube I was loving it, then he came in and ruined it. 6 sides was good for TNA. Victory Road oh boy that was mess but I think that they are trying to get on the main picture. Last I saw of CM Punk he had his outburst on raw an the situation with Vince, then he won the belt and left but now he is back. Is Cena the WWE's golden boy now?

Very true. I got into TNA a year before Hogan came in and I watched old ppvs and matches on youtube I was loving it, then he came in and ruined it. 6 sides was good for TNA. Victory Road oh boy that was mess but I think that they are trying to get on the main picture. Last I saw of CM Punk he had his outburst on raw an the situation with Vince, then he won the belt and left but now he is back. Is Cena the WWE's golden boy now?

Cena has actually taken a backseat for once and isn't headlining every damn night

which is really nice

They are teasing turning him heel actually, but they wont. If he turned heel everyone will love him. I reckon he will take Kane on in an astral plane challenge or something stupid to get his mind back. Think arkham asylum scarecrow stuff but with cena and kane

Way too many little kids love Cena for them to ever turn him now. The fans who hate him will never change their minds and the kids who love him might not come back if they turn him now. I kind of like the Star Wars thing they have going with Emperor Palpa-Kane getting Luke Cenawalker to embrace the Dark Side.

WWE actually has a lot of interesting stuff right now. Chris Jericho and his amazing Lite Brite Jacket, Daniel Bryan's slow burn heel turn, Johnny Ace remembering he has a personality, and CM Punk straight ethering him with that promo on Raw this past Monday. As long as he can avoid a certain moderator hopping the rails and humping him to death that is.

Also, don't forget the greatest thing in wrestling and perhaps the world right now: The FUNKASAURUS.

Way too many little kids love Cena for them to ever turn him now. The fans who hate him will never change their minds and the kids who love him might not come back if they turn him now. I kind of like the Star Wars thing they have going with Emperor Palpa-Kane getting Luke Cenawalker to embrace the Dark Side.

WWE actually has a lot of interesting stuff right now. Chris Jericho and his amazing Lite Brite Jacket, Daniel Bryan's slow burn heel turn, Johnny Ace remembering he has a personality, and CM Punk straight ethering him with that promo on Raw this past Monday. As long as he can avoid a certain moderator hopping the rails and humping him to death that is.

Also, don't forget the greatest thing in wrestling and perhaps the world right now: The FUNKASAURUS.

Oh my gosh the Light Brite jacket, LMAO

Jericho getting the crowd hyped only to tag Bryan and walk away was one of the funniest things I've seen since somebody asked Y2J if he'd be in the Royal Rumble, and I don't think it set in just how great that bit was until a little while after it happened, lol. I still can't stand Laurinaitis, or Punk's infatuation with him. If I haven't said this already, we hate Johnny for the same reason we hated JBL - not because they're heels, but because they genuinely suck and didn't deserve the push. Punk definitely knows how to fire up a microphone though, and like you said last Monday was no exception.

I honestly can't watch Brodus Clay without laughing, his gimmick was a total curveball and it is kinda entertaining! lol

Man cm punk does not look good in HD

get some sleep man

and can someone tell me

what timeframe the "Jim Ross Era" was?

Last edited:
The "Jim Ross Era" refers to the time JR did the job now known as "Executive VP of Talent Relations", ie hiring and firing people. He was in that role from about 1998 or so to about 2005, also known as the best period the company ever had. Johnny referring to it as a dark time is an inside joke on the commonly held belief that he's nowhere near the judge of talent JR was, but he managed to suck his way up to getting the job.

JR was in a car accident a few days ago but he is okay.

Anyways, Raw sucked last night pretty hard and lol@Ryder's 'broken back'. Apparently, he was legit hurt about a week ago so this is just to write him out until he gets better but his injury is suppose to be a two or three week deal so going the broken back route was a bit much....

I haven't been keeping up with WWE much I think the only thing that interest me right now is the fact they finally gave Daniel Bryan the title. Hopefully they won't screw that up like Alberto Del Rio, or Mark Henry's run. I plan on at least watching the rumble and mania, though.

I haven't been keeping up with WWE much I think the only thing that interest me right now is the fact they finally gave Daniel Bryan the title. Hopefully they won't screw that up like Alberto Del Rio, or Mark Henry's run. I plan on at least watching the rumble and mania, though.

Are you implying that giving Del Rio and Henry title runs was a bad idea; or are you saying that creative didn't know how to market one of the greatest mexican wrestlers ever and a fat guy?

Are you implying that giving Del Rio and Henry title runs was a bad idea; or are you saying that creative didn't know how to market one of the greatest mexican wrestlers ever and a fat guy?

I was glad that both Del Rio(who I love) and Mark Henry got to hold the titles. I just think creative did a bad job with there runs and could've made them better by making them look like stronger champions.

Part of the problem was Del Rio himself. He needed to be more original, for one, instead of ripping off JBL, and he needed to learn how to get a proper reaction. He barely even got boos. People were just mostly silent when he came out.

They rocked marks title run his attiude was perfect but they ****ed his title loss by not letting him murder big show and danielson. I really hope they never turn him face it will push him way back down to lower mid card he just sucks as a face.

I just hope they let Daniel Bryan go all out as a heel like he did in ROH. The spot where he would be doing some illegal tactic, break at a 4 count, then yell at the ref for admonishing him when in fact "I HAVE TILL FIVE!" never failed to crack me up.

I just hate that (as evidenced by this very thread) they've convinced people he's boring by having Michael Cole just bury the poor bastard every week. Even when he's acting all heelish they still have the heel announcer bury him, which is double stupid since it just makes it seem Cole was in fact correct all along. The last few weeks on Smackdown Bryan has been putting on a clinic on how to be a subtle bad guy. Young kids in wrestling school should watch tapes of this stuff.

I just hope they let Daniel Bryan go all out as a heel like he did in ROH. The spot where he would be doing some illegal tactic, break at a 4 count, then yell at the ref for admonishing him when in fact "I HAVE TILL FIVE!" never failed to crack me up.

I just hate that (as evidenced by this very thread) they've convinced people he's boring by having Michael Cole just bury the poor bastard every week. Even when he's acting all heelish they still have the heel announcer bury him, which is double stupid since it just makes it seem Cole was in fact correct all along. The last few weeks on Smackdown Bryan has been putting on a clinic on how to be a subtle bad guy. Young kids in wrestling school should watch tapes of this stuff.

Yes Daniel Bryan would make a great heel, i see alot of Flair in him. He could arrogant, physically weaker and no challenge to his opponents yet pulls out dirty wins all the time.

Yeah Bryan was awesome in ROH and it seem like they put a little bit of that fire in him when he first started on RAW with Nexus so hopefully he'll show more of that heel side of him that'll make him a great champion that he is.