The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
What a minute....do you post in a wrestling forum? I swear, I saw someone post something similar about seeing Ace's work in Japan and him being a great worker.....I think it was even posted today as well....

*cue twilight zone music*

I think it was WF. I went to two boards today, one I don't really post at anymore, I was just going through my bookmarks, and I go to WF almost daily.

Interesting......

Well, just weird how almost the exact same thing was said at both places, lol.

Anyways, anyone disappointed by how the crowd ruined the Kane/Cena promo with their chants?

I seen Johnny Aces work in Japan. Very much of an great worker, also some awesome stuff that cannot be done ever again.

Ace vs Taue or Misawa is gold.

Yeah, I don't think he was carrying much of the weight in those matches since those two guys were some of the best ever. He certainly stepped his game up from the Dynamic Dudes days, but not anything I saw suggested he was great.

lmao, a number of sites are stating that Orton's 'injury' is actually just to cover up him failing his 3rd wellness test, which means, by WWE's own policy, he should be fired.

Interesting scenario, if this is true.....I can't see them firing Orton but I can see them doing whatever they can to cover it up to save his ass...but, then, guys backstage will have a shit fit over him not getting the same treatment as everyone else.

loooooooooooooooool

Wrestling Observer has been reported saying that a nagging back injury has flared up enough that he will need surgery to repair it, causing him to be out a total of 6 months. But if it is wellness issues, WWE wouldn't up and fire one of their posterboys, which brings a whole nother issue about hypocrisy. Fire him and risk him going to TNA, or keep him but not on TV, which may lead to him quitting for TNA. Choices.....

Last edited:
I doubt Orton would fail a wellness test, WWE clearly has ways for guys they want to protect to "pass" the tests. You'll never see a top level guy or someone they wanted to push get busted. One look at Mason Ryan should make that clear. Or HHH for that matter. You might be saying "well what about Jeff Hardy?", but he quit before his third strike. I doubt he would have ever got one unless it was a Kerry Von Erich situation where they had reason to fear bad PR from an arrest/death.

Wrestling Observer has been reported saying that a nagging back injury has flared up enough that he will need surgery to repair it, causing him to be out a total of 6 months. But if it is wellness issues, WWE wouldn't up and fire one of their posterboys, which brings a whole nother issue about hypocrisy. Fire him and risk him going to TNA, or keep him but not on TV, which may lead to him quitting for TNA. Choices.....

I didn't say they would ever fire him, lol, it's obvious they wouldn't. Also, as I said, reports have said that Stephanie and Vince told writers to keep Orton in storylines up to WM. This was in a report that said the fail was bs. Other sites repeated what you said about six months.

Last edited:
I doubt Orton would fail a wellness test, WWE clearly has ways for guys they want to protect to "pass" the tests. You'll never see a top level guy or someone they wanted to push get busted. One look at Mason Ryan should make that clear. Or HHH for that matter. You might be saying "well what about Jeff Hardy?", but he quit before his third strike. I doubt he would have ever got one unless it was a Kerry Von Erich situation where they had reason to fear bad PR from an arrest/death.

WWE actually did fire the Ultimate Warrior (who was already a main eventer) and Davey Boy Smith (who was probably on his way to such status) over this back in 1992, but that was probably because the Feds were still on Vince's ass over steroids back then. And while Smith was a known steroid user (this habit contributed to his eventual death), I have reason to suspect that Warrior was used as a scapegoat, since there were other issues between him and Vince, as evidenced by his other firings.

Warrior actually quit on them at least twice, possibly three times depending on who's story you believe:

1. He was in a pay dispute leading up to SummerSlam 91, Vince felt he was holding him up for more money because he was booked for a big main event. He paid him what he wanted then fired him immediately after the show (Vince has a history of not putting up with people he feels try to hold him up for more money).

2. He came back about a year later, obviously on fewer steroids and with shorter hair. This is what lead to the "there were two Warriors" rumor. This is the time where he allegedly failed a drug test, but there were rumors he refused to work with Nailz and asked for his release. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Knowing how the WWF worked (and still does to this day), it wouldn't be surprising if he suddenly failed a test after disagreeing with the plans they had for him..

3. The last time he came back in 1996, but was fired after no showing several events after his father died. Vince disputed that was the reason, saying Warrior hadn't seen his father in 10 years prior. Warrior later stated he no showed because they were selling Warrior merch without giving him a cut.

Davey Boy was pretty much a scapegoat, since a lot of the more obvious jacked up guys were scaled back or released in 1992.

but there were rumors he refused to work with Nailz and asked for his release.

Oddly enough, Nailz got fired at around the same time for a physical altercation with Vince (Nailz later testified against McMahon in the steroid trial). I also heard that there were plans to turn Warrior heel at that time, and he probably objected to that, as well (in fact, said rumors suggested that a Warrior heel turn was being planned to set up a Warrior/Bret Hart title match at Royal Rumble 93, as it was extremely rare in those days for wrestlers of the same face/heel status to wrestle each other, especially in PPV title matches).

It's a little depressing that the only PPVs after Mania are going to be Summerslam and Survivor Series. If customers aren't paying for the product why would WWE invest any serious talent, storyline or worth while matches.

Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong.

I've thought for a long time now that WWE's PPVs should be limited to Survivor Series, Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania spread out over the year.

WWE has way too many PPVs, and moving the B shows to the network might just drum up some interest to get more cable companies to carry it.

In an ideal world, they'd keep the Big Four (Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, Survivor Series) and have the other shows be special events like the Clash of the Champions used to be for WCW: something more important than regular TV but a step below PPV.

They can get ad revenue to make for the loss of people not paying for ppvs. Which itself is due to piracy and other sorts of factors, like lack of old names on cards.

Actually wrestling has a hard time getting ad revenue. There's a stereotype that despite WWE TV always getting strong ratings on cable, the audience is either kids or poor folks, so they don't spend any money.

As far as piracy goes, it definitely happens, but it's too easy a fall guy for low PPV buyrates. They now charge $44.95 per show and an extra $10 for HD. In this economy, very few people have the disposable income to drop roughly $50 every month on wrestling. I get a discount on PPV from where I work and I only order the big four PPVs.