The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Taker is semi-retired, but I think he's going to fully retire soon. His body is too beat up to continue working matches, and WWE has re-hired him more or less as a road agent now.

For an example of how long the Taker has been with WWE, at the time he first signed with the company, the WWE title was held by the Ultimate Warrior, the IC belt was in the process of being changed from Kerry Von Erich to Curt Hennig (that title change was completed when Taker made his WWE in-ring debut, though was not aired on television until weeks later due to TV taping practices at the time), and the tag titles were held by the Hart Foundation (although it could be argued that they should have been in the hands of the Rockers at that time due to backstage contractual issues leading to a title change involving those 2 teams being nullified).

And to be honest, when I was watching rasslin as a kid, the Undertaker's character was one of the primary reasons why I didn't jump ship to WCW during the Monday Night Wars.

Heh, I see. We ares pretty far from his day one indeed, wich is why I was wondering.
I still have his 17-0 victory logo as my youtube pic, I suspect there is more than 17 now but that was the last match for me... Actually I missed that wrestlemania and just tought: ''Did I miss something'' You can all guess what my answer was since I never watched it back.

I still like to go back in the past sometime and watch a few old matches doh, it's all about memories.

I stopped watching wrestling cold turkey after the McMahon buyout of wcw. IMO the talent pool was so weak after Rocky and SCSA left. I also saw HHH as a terrible midcarder who prob would of been jobbed out if he hadn't hooked up with u-know. Never thought HHH drew anybody to watch or attend.
Undertaker, I was 13 when i watched him on PPV as The Mystery partner and loved the get up. I really think he carried them in there dark times. One thing I will say about The undertaker though as a talent he had and imagine still has the most terrible mike skills. It could of very well been The Brooklyn Brawler In that get up and it still get over

I also saw HHH as a terrible midcarder who prob would of been jobbed out if he hadn't hooked up with u-know. Never thought HHH drew anybody to watch or attend.

Triple H has heen pulling backstage strings a lot longer than that; since he first signed with WWE back in 1995, to be exact. No rookie holds that kind of backstage power unless they have the right connections, and it turns out he was in the Kliq when he first signed (this is the same backstage group that had a hand in running Shane Douglas, Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow, Chris Candido, Carl "Pierre" Ouellet, and most infamously of all, Bret Hart, out of the company).

Last edited:
HHH was def the "weakest link" outta the kliq players. Well aware of there political power in ruining the "franchise" SD,Jean Pierre lafitte and the like. Im sure Hennig and Luger might of been victims as well. I liked Sean Waltman more than Paul LeCrap. HHH is just the harbinger of doom for wwe. He has to Squash everyone and i mean everyone. He shoulda put RVD and Booker over but ran them out. I also want to add that WCW decided to go with lol "Das Vunderkin" Alex Wright over HHH. They made right decision. Ive said this before, If sting ever did a short tenure in wwe, im sure he'd be doing squash matches for HHH for the entire time. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND EVERYONE WATCH ESPN E:60 on Scott Hall. What a P.O.S. That guy is, see what he does to that indy promoter...shows up outta his mind and body

Last edited:
Of course he has to squash everyone, he is banging the boss's daughter.

....and Scott Hall isn't a POS. His story is actually quite sad and people don't know that kind of life until they live it. Not saying what he does is right but he is an individual who clearly needs help.

Re: Best wrestling entrance music

WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I saw the Big Show getting into his Cadillac Escalade down here in a shopping center, and no joke, the whole vehicle went down about 5 inches.
That is one scary dude that I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

Of course he has to squash everyone, he is banging the boss's daughter.

....and Scott Hall isn't a POS. His story is actually quite sad and people don't know that kind of life until they live it. Not saying what he does is right but he is an individual who clearly needs help.

Triple H's backstage power predates his relationship with Stephanie by several years. As I pointed out earlier, he was a member of the Kliq when he first signed with WWE in 1995, and they had so much power backstage in the mid-90s that they eventually became a disruptive influence in the locker room.

As for Scott Hall, he should be one of many lessons why we should never touch drugs. And even if he becomes clean for good, I fear the damage may have already been done.

Last edited:
Hunter didn't have power from day one, he was largely HBK's bag carrier right up until Shawn's retirement and Hunter took over as the leader of DX on TV. It also helped him that his pals Nash and Hall were on top in WCW, Vince was always on eggshells that they would leave to "go have fun with their buddies" as Shawn once threatened to do.

It should also not be forgotten how Hunter and Chyna broke into the business together training with Killer Kowalski and were together for a long time before he decided to "upgrade" to improve his career options. She seems to have fallen apart personally after that.

Great news yesterday came about that Maryse has been released. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked Maryse, but she was annoying with Ted and had been even more utterly useless since getting away from him. She has been on the roster doing nothing for like a year now. About time they got rid of her.

Yet still boggles my mind as to how Rosa still has a job.

Just cancelled my preorder for WWE '12. If I haven't mentioned this already, even the Miz said the game was broken when they announced one of their prime features was "being able to instantly pop back up from a finisher" Hunter/Warrior style. Yeah, no. Those "features" are kinda what All-Stars is for.

That, and I haven't been able to tell the difference between a WWE game since 2007:

Is there any possible way that scott hall can be on this?

I'll buy it if they have him

And for once a video game didn't give someone enough muscles (Mason Ryan)

Also I'm disapoint that they don't have the NWO theme for nash

I like Scott Hall but I doubt they would want to support him at the moment, though it sucks because Razor Ramon was the bomb.