The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
The old AWA was on ESPN back in the mid-late 80's, so bringing back a wrestling program on the channel isn't completely out of the question.

Re: Instant Classic!! Hogan Cuts a Promo On Tebow!!

ESPN is for REAL sports, not 'roided up rasslers like Terry Bollea whose profession is all scripted!
Get him off of ESPN and keep him off!
Train, say your prayers, and shoot your steroids!

have you seen sportscenter? i'm sorry to shatter your misconception of "real sports" but every sport has it's roided up meat heads baseball or boxing anyone? We know wrestling is fake and that some of the guys have done steroids and we except that.

Last edited:
The AWA, World Class, and the Global Wrestling Federation all aired on ESPN in the 80s into the mid 90s. I used to run home from school to watch two hours of rasslin from 4-6 every day.

Also ESPN has hired ex WWE announcers like Johnathan Coachman and Todd Grisham so there's obviously some fans there.

went to see the WWE yesterday second to front row tickets, got to hand shake Sin Cara blue and say te amo! to him

Just realized how stupid it was for WWE to do the main event they did tonight in Mexico, considering they would have no idea who JR and Cole are since they have the Spanish announcers.

Wrestling is getting worse and worse by the week, and the whole teaming up of Punk and Triple H is just awful.....Punk goes out of his way to 'hate' guys like Triple H (when he was COO) and now teams with him? So you spend weeks insulting him and his family....only to be buddies? They ruined Punk's character.

Way to go, WWE.

Just realized how stupid it was for WWE to do the main event they did tonight in Mexico, considering they would have no idea who JR and Cole are since they have the Spanish announcers.

we do, we get the spanish anouncers but they always mention the english anouncers and what they have been up to.

just last week they described the whole situation

but yeah it was stupid we wanted to see Sin Cara v Del Rio

Why in the world would the WWE have a show in Mexico city

and not have Sin Cara there?

I think he'd be more popular than Cena

They taped Smackdown in Mexico too and Sin Cara was there having a mask vs mask match with Sin Cara Negro.

It was actually pretty amazing they acknowledged the history between the two more or less accurately on WWE TV, but mind boggling they didn't build up a "lucha de apuestas" featuring the biggest star Mexico has seen in the last 5-10 years.

I wuld have voted WWE in the poll but its just not as good as it was a few years back. after wrestlemania 23 i got bored of it lol. Kurt angle was my Fav though then it was HBK.

Wrestling's done a lot worse in it's history, but the whole exploiting Eddy's death bit was a real "man, do we have to go there?" moment for me. Not to mention it more or less ruined Chavo's career since he was turned into a walking tribute instead of being allowed to keep doing his own thing.

AWWW Shucky Ducky Quack QUACK! Ya better watch out Ziggler, cuz Zack Ryder? He comin' for YOU BROSKI! Finally Ryder is getting his dues, the only reason why I watch WWE right now (Ziggler second) hopefully he'll be able to capture his first singles title after he puts a woo woo whoopin on Ziggler

WWWYKI

Ho, gawd, all this remind me how excited I used to be just before a match... I was a wrestling fan when I was a kid/teenager, I kinda miss that but I lost interest a few years back :(

The Undertaker still there? He was my fav >_<

Undertaker is technically still around, but he only shows up around Wrestlemania time to keep his streak active.