The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
if Vince Mcmahon was my grandpa, i'd think of possibilities like why does most of America dislike you (Vince)

genetics play a huge role we're talking about the Mcmahons here, they can't afford to be that now.. in all your right though about genetics playing a role in having a busted-ass face from say a pretty face

I'm still waiting for one more Austin V. Rock match...

I don't think it's gonna happen. WWE has a track record of blowing big match opportunities on people nobody really asked for, which means Rock vs Cena could very well end up Rocky's last match.

Not that I don't want to see Attitude vs PG, but it's kind of like the WCW merger - one over the top bald guy in the WWF, one over the top bald guy in WCW. WCW guy comes to the WWF and they give the people the match they've been dying to see, Goldberg vs ..The Rock?

I don't think it's gonna happen. WWE has a track record of blowing big match opportunities on people nobody really asked for, which means Rock vs Cena could very well end up Rocky's last match.

Not that I don't want to see Attitude vs PG, but it's kind of like the WCW merger - one over the top bald guy in the WWF, one over the top bald guy in WCW. WCW guy comes to the WWF and they give the people the match they've been dying to see, Goldberg vs ..The Rock?

Well at least they gave us Hogan vs The Rock (even though austin vs hogan would have been the dream match-up)

Too bad Sting wanted no part in the merger, I get an erection thinking about Sting vs. Rock matchup

I have a feeling they're going to try to pull a Kevin Nash vs Undertaker or Kevin Nash vs HHH at WM. Which I HOPE not since either match would SUCK. I hope they're not trying to do a CM Punk vs Nash either because I don't think Punk can even save that match alone.

I have a feeling they're going to try to pull a Kevin Nash vs Undertaker or Kevin Nash vs HHH at WM. Which I HOPE not since either match would SUCK.

SIMlb.gif

I like diesel, but like Taker and most tall wrestlers they get injured to easy from being too out of shape of wrestling from age and being too tall.

Taker's streak is at 19-0, but he's in really bad shape physically. He hasn't officially retired but he's pretty much gone except for special occasions.

As far as WM goes, Punk wants to do a match vs Austin really bad. The Straight Edge vs Beer Drinker dynamic makes it a natural matchup, and Austin's posted on Twitter several times how much of a fan of Punk he is.

Right now I think they are trying to position Punk vs HHH as the new Vince vs Austin. Hunter as the new authority figure and Punk as the mouthy rebel who causes problems for the boss would be a pretty fun feud. HHH seems to trust Punk in the sense that he pretty much gives him the green light to say whatever he wants in promos and he's got pretty popular so far. People complain a lot about Hunter and his ego (not all undeserved, mind you) but the guy's smart when it comes to business.

alot of wwe strap championship changes in between two ppv's
Cena to punk
punk to rey misterio
rey mysterio to cena
cena to punk again
punk to alberto del rio

I find it interesting that both CM punks themes he's used

features black guys singing in it.. which is pretty much unheard of in rock music

Alright so i've been watching raw for the past couple weeks now (i haven't watched raw since 01)

I'm already sick of them driving cena down my throat

I'm sick of them trying to make Cm punk and Cena the new Stone Cold and rock...

John Morrison is too awesome, and he needs to get a push ASAP!

What's up with all the cheesy stares???? they last way too long, and seems like a time filler here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceIh6ocIqHg&feature=player_detailpage#t=679s

I agree with you about the new Cena and CM thing. Both great wrestlers but I'd like some more spotlight on others but I can't remember the last time I watched wrestling so my opinion could change if I watch it now again.

Alright so i've been watching raw for the past couple weeks now (i haven't watched raw since 01)

I'm already sick of them driving cena down my throat

I'm sick of them trying to make Cm punk and Cena the new Stone Cold and rock...

John Morrison is too awesome, and he needs to get a push ASAP!

What's up with all the cheesy stares???? they last way too long, and seems like a time filler here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceIh6ocIqHg&feature=player_detailpage#t=679s

John Morrison needs to stay away from a push at all costs.

He is good in the ring but he is garbage on the mic and pretty much no one gives a shit when he speaks....not something that works for you when you are getting a push.

He got pushed before and it went nowhere because he never gets good storylines so he is boring to watch.