The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
i haven't watched any PPV'S in a while i think the last one i watched was hell in a cell, when undertaker beat CM punk. man i was so happy to see taker beat his ass.

This is interesting, they've done "Vince loses power" storylines before but now it's different since HHH is actually being groomed to take over soon and Vince isn't getting any younger. It's possible this could be the passing of the torch to make Hunter the new on-air authority figure/chairman of the board character since Vince wanted to take himself off TV as an on air personality for a while. I could picture Vince becoming like the King of England where he's the ceremonial head of the company while Hunter and Stephanie actually run the day to day operations.

I agree. EVERYBODY uses steroids and/or some other type of uppers, downers, pain pills and so on. I think Piper said once he was addicted to caugh medicine. The promotions just need to accept it and move on. as long as your "talent" performs up to par you're making money. Who ever complained about making money?

I haven't watched any wrestling program in about 6 months so I decided to watch Raw tonight. I knew they weren't going to fire Cena cause he's the ultimate brown noser. He's pretty much McMahons' *****. I really hate Cena. I've been following Sean Waltman's blogs about Cena for a little while and everything he says is soo true. I don't understand how anyone could back a guy who soo stale. He gets his ass kicked for 10-20 minutes then does the stupid shoulder block, arm drag, 5NS. Lame. (guess that's why I never liked Hogan)

I think WWE will run the tourni then when Vince and Punk have a new contract he'll come back claiming he's the real champ and we'll get to see a 3 week setup for WM- Punk vs. ____ for "unified" title. In this respect I like the angle, simalar to Sandman in early ECW days. Not like Cena's last "firing" when they couldn't keep him off TV for even 2 days.

Over the past 20 years I've seen the same 6-7 storylines recycled over and over again(in WWE). It's boring. TNA IMO can't compete storywise with Russo running things either.

I'm a little young for the GLORY DAYS of wrestling with Piper, Roode, Savage, "classy", Heenan, Gorgeous George, Tor Johnson(George Steele), early Flair but I've aquired many, many tapes and I really miss the great talent; when talent meant something.

Last edited:
With vince being released from his duties of WWE and Triple H taking over is it part of the storyline?

For now, storyline, but the actual plan is for Triple H and Stephanie to take over the company in the not too distant future. Vince turns 66 next month and seems to be aware even he can't go on forever. They've pretty much realigned the talent relations side to put H in control of most things, Vince at this point still has final approval but more things seem to be run past Hunter and Steph now.

So, to recap RAW, Rey Mysterio wins the tournament and gets handed the damn spinner belt (I wish they would have a new design already), but then HHH comes out and as his first act as GM, makes a match between Rey and Cena for the title as the main event. Fast forward to after the main event, where Cena wins lol. "Cult of Personality" begins to play (and I mark the **** out, you'll know why in a minute). Cena looks perplexed as to who's music this could be, and the crowd doesn't know how to react. Then, all of a sudden, CM Punk shows up at the top of the ramp with his title belt. He walks down the ramp, gets in the ring and stares down Cena. Cena raises his belt to show he is the champ now, to a mixed applause. Punk raises his belt to a roar, and claims he is still champ. End show.

I think we have our SummerSlam main event people. But just the fact that CM Punk came back, and to his heel ROH music no less, further proves this could be a reincarnation of "Summer of Punk".

So, to recap RAW, Rey Mysterio wins the tournament and gets handed the damn spinner belt (I wish they would have a new design already), but then HHH comes out and as his first act as GM, makes a match between Rey and Cena for the title as the main event. Fast forward to after the main event, where Cena wins lol. "Cult of Personality" begins to play (and I mark the **** out, you'll know why in a minute). Cena looks perplexed as to who's music this could be, and the crowd doesn't know how to react. Then, all of a sudden, CM Punk shows up at the top of the ramp with his title belt. He walks down the ramp, gets in the ring and stares down Cena. Cena raises his belt to show he is the champ now, to a mixed applause. Punk raises his belt to a roar, and claims he is still champ. End show.

I think we have our SummerSlam main event people. But just the fact that CM Punk came back, and to his heel ROH music no less, further proves this could be a reincarnation of "Summer of Punk".

I already called it. lol. look at my previous post in this thread. Only difference is the ppv, i said WM but they're doing it early. LAME.

Think it could have waited for CM Punk to come back, at least a week or two, even a month. Let him do more things outside of WWE, like comic-con and the wrestling show he was at. Bigger build up, would have been good. His return was awesome, and I think can see him winning at Summerslam.
After the promo CM Punk did, a Raw without him on it hasn't been that good I thought. The tournament one was cool, but they just seemed to go for the same spots over and over. About every match I could see someone hitting a turnbuckle or ramming shoulder into it. Rey/Miz after all that, meh. At least put R-Truth in it, or Dolph Ziggler, shit someone different.
Be interesting to see what they do next week, with this, and hopefully its not screwed up.

Has Mark Henry Gone Too Far?

In my opinion Mark Henry has gone too far. Hes nearly unbeatable as it is let alone having to resort to brutalizing people, some who aren't even pro entertainers. This man is too strong and out of control, its only a matter of time till he wins the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship or worse. He needs to be stopped now, imagine if you were at an exciting entertainment event with your family or friends and Mark Henry went berserk? He needs fining or imprisonment.

Re: Has Mark Henry Gone Too Far?

In my opinion Mark Henry has gone too far. Hes nearly unbeatable as it is let alone having to resort to brutalizing people, some who aren't even pro entertainers. This man is too strong and out of control, its only a matter of time till he wins the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship or worse. He needs to be stopped now, imagine if you were at an exciting entertainment event with your family or friends and Mark Henry went berserk? He needs fining or imprisonment.

It's all scripted man! ....... He's been employed by WWF/WWE for how long as has yet to get the world title? It's not going to happen.

Punk should have been out longer, but they have the Rock coming back for Survivor Series so Punk needed to headline SummerSlam so to not get overshadowed. To do that, he had to come back when he did or else they'd only have a week or so to set up the main event of what is normally their #2 PPV of the year. Business wise, they really didn't have a choice or else they'd run the risk of whatever they had with him get cooled off while they had Rock do whatever he's going to do at Survivor Series.

Yea that's the problem

Back in the Attitude days, everyone had a different personality

when i look at Nexus it's like a bunch of meat heads with big muscles who lift things up and put them down...

Back in the day with DX everyone had a unique gimmick...

Too many Lance Storm's not enough Undertakers....

YES! I completely agree all of the new "personalities" or lack of are all so generic and boring! I grew up in the atitude era (as apparent of my age) but the wrestlers were so much more compelling back then! Man do I miss those guys. Kurt Angle the technician, thuganomics "wigger" John Cena was awesome and didn't look like Superman every week, Tajiri, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrerro (R.I.P), Steve Austin, Dudley Boys, Hardy Boyz, RVD, Booker T...All unique characters. Man even a mid card jobber like Scotty 2 Hotty generated more hype back then than some main eventers do now

Now everyone just comes out in like a singlet or super tight shorts. Man I hate the PG era

I expect we're going to see a loosening up of the restrictions. For one, the actual TV PG rating allows for far more than what WWE was doing, and for another (as proven in this thread) the super strict adherence to PG is boring and lame. We're already seeing it in terms of language, more hells and damns than what were allowed before, the only thing I wouldn't expect to see come back any time soon is any planned bleeding in matches. Accidents happen, but I would be shocked to see blading return for a while.

It also seems like in terms of storylines they are moving to more reality based ideas. Things like Punk's unhappiness with the status quo, Hunter taking over as the boss, including his marriage to Stephanie as part of an angle, all things based at least partly on real life things.