The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
ahaha i hate the rock. he says hes here to stay, then after wrestlemania and his cheap ass birthday party raw he just disappears again. whats with that??

this whole cm punk thing is kinda rediculas. like hes leaving and yet everyone, well almost everyone wants him to win. its hard to cheer or want someone like him to win in a situation like this. but punk is a better wrestler than cena. most wwe superstars are. but of course they cant make cena a heel. like wtf?!

This was one of the best PPV's in years. It was practically a complete fan service, and I don't think there was a bad match the whole night. Granted I went out for a soda during the Divas match, but even Christian and Orton delivered. Punk winning the way he did was the greatest move the WWE's made in years, the only thing I'm worried about now is Cena having some lousy excuse to stay. Or Punk for that matter, which would make him look like a sellout. Or both.

Anybody wanna take shots at how he's going to save his job tomorrow? My guess is "I would've won Vince but you interfered, herpdy derp!" "Alright, you've convinced me. You're rehired you son of a b*tch."

The Rock was great back in the day. Now, he's trying to live off of his past reputation, and thinks he can still walk in the building like he never left. I followed him a lot during the Attitude era, but now he's the one who's insignificant in the WWE, as people like Cena, Punk, and others have taken over the main event spot.

ahaha i hate the rock. he says hes here to stay, then after wrestlemania and his cheap ass birthday party raw he just disappears again. whats with that??

this whole cm punk thing is kinda rediculas. like hes leaving and yet everyone, well almost everyone wants him to win. its hard to cheer or want someone like him to win in a situation like this. but punk is a better wrestler than cena. most wwe superstars are. but of course they cant make cena a heel. like wtf?!

Punk is the best thing in wrestling right now, how would it be hard to cheer for him? His rants have been utterly epic and he has made Raw awesome and made a PPV more exciting than WM.

As I said before, this coould very well be the same storyline that was used in ROH when Punk was coming to the E. He won the ROH title on the last day of his contract, and basically held the company up for ransom for the next couple of months, while the company tried to decide if they wanted to keep him or let him walk. Thus became known as the "Summer of Punk." In all honesty, I could see this happening again, with Vince under Punk's beck and call while he is the champ.

Can i ask u guys something?

I grew up and loved wrestling in the Attitude era

I loved austin, the rock, DX, Taker, HHH, Jericho, mankind, shit i even loved Al snow

but i stopped watching once the rock and Austin left

now im trying to get back into it, but it's so bad it hurts...

Punk's recent antics and The Rock's "return" is pretty much all that keeps me interested

Everyone else is so lame, why do ya'll still watch it?

Personally, I've been watching wrestling since at least 1986 when the NWA would be on TBS seemingly all weekend. Watching Ric Flair and the Horsemen whip on Dusty Rhodes got me hooked and I've never looked back.

There's always good and bad in wrestling when you look at it, when you had all the great stuff with the Attitude Era there was crap like Beaver Cleavage and Mae Young having (implied) sex with Mark Henry and giving birth to a hand.

What seems to happen is when the WWE doesn't have serious competition, things get boring and lame. They had the NWA and later WCW on their heels so WWE had to step their game up or get run over. Now they are the last company standing and the only other major promotion (TNA) is so dysfunctional they can't find their asses with two hands and a map let alone pose a challenge to Vince. Another thing that is making a difference, much to the internet's consternation, is Triple H taking more of a backstage role and having a hand in talent relations. He's an old school wrestling guy who's big on building up new wrestlers and pushing more in-ring stuff instead of stupid skits or comedy. The Punk stuff is a sign that they're wanting to do more "real" type angles where people say things rooted in reality instead of being overly scripted.

For the people who grew up with the Attitude era, I can understand why you'd have little to no desire to watch the current show. All I can tell you is that wrestling always runs in cycles, and if you stick with it long enough things get awesome again.

Can i ask u guys something?

I grew up and loved wrestling in the Attitude era

I loved austin, the rock, DX, Taker, HHH, Jericho, mankind, shit i even loved Al snow

but i stopped watching once the rock and Austin left

now im trying to get back into it, but it's so bad it hurts...

Punk's recent antics and The Rock's "return" is pretty much all that keeps me interested

Everyone else is so lame, why do ya'll still watch it?

The people who started watching in the Attitude Era don't understand that wrestling was PG before. I've been watching it religiously for almost 25 years and, yes, it does go back and forth, but a lot of people who started to watch it when you did usually think that wrestling was ALWAYS like that, and it wasn't. The PG era right now is like how WWF was in the 80's (the best era of wrestling, imo).

The only main thing I don't like about wrestling is having less diverse characters.....a lot of guys now are just your typical generic wrestler. Back then, we had Rowdy Roddy Piper (my fav of all time <3), Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, etc. They weren't just random guys who came out in trunks. They were all individual characters.

I am not saying they do not have characters now, they obviously do, but it isn't like it used to be....I don't know if anyone knows what I mean.

The people who started watching in the Attitude Era don't understand that wrestling was PG before. I've been watching it religiously for almost 25 years and, yes, it does go back and forth, but a lot of people who started to watch it when you did usually think that wrestling was ALWAYS like that, and it wasn't. The PG era right now is like how WWF was in the 80's (the best era of wrestling, imo).

The only main thing I don't like about wrestling is having less diverse characters.....a lot of guys now are just your typical generic wrestler. Back then, we had Rowdy Roddy Piper (my fav of all time <3), Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, etc. They weren't just random guys who came out in trunks. They were all individual characters.

I am not saying they do not have characters now, they obviously do, but it isn't like it used to be....I don't know if anyone knows what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean, I believe they are headed back into the right direction in this regards making the characters actually distinct individual characters again and not a bunch of "clones".

CM Punk has been awesome today on Twitter, first he tweeted "the champ is here" and included a photo of the WWE title belt in his refrigerator. Just now he updated by saying he was sitting on the couch defending his title against Piston Honda (of NES Punch-Out fame).

Sorry :sad:

i was just joking

Don't ban me! :afraid::afraid::afraid:

lol, I know you were, I am cool with joking around, just asked because other people may do things like that and use the excuse 'I was only joking' just to get out of an infraction or ban, you know what I mean? I know your personality so it's all good. Just gotta watch out for the legit boneheads who will see it and think it is okay to do it to people.

Anyways, I have never been as hyped as I am for Raw tonight in ages. It's gonna be awesome!!

Yea that's the problem

Back in the Attitude days, everyone had a different personality

when i look at Nexus it's like a bunch of meat heads with big muscles who lift things up and put them down...

Back in the day with DX everyone had a unique gimmick...

Too many Lance Storm's not enough Undertakers....