The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
that ppv last night was pretty boring.typical cena show.there was a obama segment where he "break danced" in the ring.it was so bad it was embarrassing :(

i'll call for the return of BATISTA
to wwe cuse its to kiddy now and boring.

i want powerplayers there is none any more ryan and jackson are so green its bad but at least cm punk is still there but not for vary much longer.

Last edited:
CM Punk is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship!

Major edit: What a load of ****! He's leaving after Money in the Bank. :-(

Last edited:
WOW.just WOW. WWE is fast approaching joke status.Its actually embarrassing.dance contests?obama impersonators? not only do they not have any real talent besides a few select people,but their storylines\show ideas have been CRAP as of late.but at least its good for a laugh.even my 5 year old thinks its bad,and changes the channel during the dance contests,the excessive talking,whenever miz is in the ring xD!!

@ripliukang Im pretty sure punk already resigned and wont be going anywhere.and thankfully so.he is the only REAL mic talent they have.WWE should be kissing punks @$$ and thanking him for it. :)

Punk wants to take time off, and pretty much has WWE over a barrel since their talent roster is so thin right now. I don't doubt he'll take at least some time off to heal up.

Also, for anyone who thinks it would be a dream job to be on the WWE creative team, think about the schedule those poor bastards have had since last week having to write the following:

3 hour Raw last week
2 hour Smackdown (and assorted shows like Superstars)
2 hour PPV yesterday
3 hour Raw tonight
I think tomorrow they are doing 2 smackdown shows back to back since they are getting the July 4 week off from taping.

Keep in mind each regular show sometimes gets re-written up until hours before airtime.

what really gets me is if punk loses to cena it will be 2 superstars wwe has chosen to get rid of to keep cena their poster boy its sad cean's is nothing but boring at least cm punk and Batista had matches that they didn't vow to win and that were half way decent.

fyi to any cena fans why is he a army man now what happened to Slim shady?

R-truth they need to let talk and act on his own hes good at both hes a good heal just like mark henry, big show,kane these guys have talent but get drug down buy the script.

Last edited:
Cena sells a crapload of merchandise, he does tons of charity work, and for better or worse is the most popular guy they have. I agree they are overdoing the Superman stuff, but it's not like he's winning all these matches and isn't over.

Also they aren't getting rid of guys because of Cena. Batista left because he didn't feel he fit in with the PG stuff and Punk is banged up and wants time off to heal.

I turned on Raw one night

and man what a crapload of talent they have

all the wrestlers have the same cookie cutter "male model" look to them... all the theme songs are done with garbage Alt rock bands...

and what's up with them interrupting matches for commercials??? that's really lame

man it's sad to see.... I guess we didn't know what we really had back in the Attitude era days...

Cena sells a crapload of merchandise, he does tons of charity work, and for better or worse is the most popular guy they have. I agree they are overdoing the Superman stuff, but it's not like he's winning all these matches and isn't over.

Also they aren't getting rid of guys because of Cena. Batista left because he didn't feel he fit in with the PG stuff and Punk is banged up and wants time off to heal.

Actually, Punk wants to leave because:

-he is burnt out from the schedule, which is pretty much non-stop for him.
-WWE wants to trademark his name and he doesn't want them to.
-he is not happy with his position on the roster, as guys like Del Rio, who came after Punk, have been pushed like crazy, yet (until today), Punk has pretty much been steered clear of championships.

Yes, that too, but I've been theorizing that he's been working injured for a while. He started wrapping his elbow a while back, and last night he kept shaking his arm as if to get feeling back after Rey did his dive on him to the floor. Just struck a chord of recognition with me since I had a pinched nerve in my elbow before and pretty much had to do what he's been doing for it to get any better (of course my job doesn't involve having to take dozens of falls a night either).

Batista left Over crapy dealings and fatigue
Cm punk might leave do to crapy dealings and not being used right and fatigue.

crapy dealings = john cena poster boy bs.

batista a big deal who triple h, ric flair, affa, undertaker, and even goldburg helped put this guy over only to be shafted by john cena for what all of the little jimmies and pg.

cm punk the best on mike skills in wwe and tna and hes now getting shafted do to john cena.

John Cena doesn't have the power to shaft anyone. Well he does, but he never uses it. If he did, he'd stop the writers from giving him such lame comedy material all the damn time.

In WWE, it all comes down to Vince. If he likes you (aka you have a bodybuilder body and are over 6 feet and 250 pounds) you're going to get pushed no matter if your skills warrant or not. If he doesn't feel you're a credible main eventer (guys like Daniel Bryan), you'll be Forever Alone in the midcard no matter if you have the best in ring skills in the company.

Punk had two strikes against him from day one: he doesn't have a WWE type body and was a star in other companies. WWE absolutely hates guys who got over somewhere else and will do anything they can to prove that person can't hang in WWE. A lot of the backstage agents were burying Punk to management from the first match he had in WWE. Lucky for Punk he had a few key people go to bat for him (I think one was the evil John Cena) and after a while Vince seemed to take a liking to Punk.

thats just what i was saying if mcmahon AKA wwe puts cena before punk like they did with Batista they will lose a second top superstar to super cena its not good business when cena is the only one left then what will they do.

John Cena doesn't have the power to shaft anyone. Well he does, but he never uses it. If he did, he'd stop the writers from giving him such lame comedy material all the damn time.

In WWE, it all comes down to Vince. If he likes you (aka you have a bodybuilder body and are over 6 feet and 250 pounds) you're going to get pushed no matter if your skills warrant or not. If he doesn't feel you're a credible main eventer (guys like Daniel Bryan), you'll be Forever Alone in the midcard no matter if you have the best in ring skills in the company.

Punk had two strikes against him from day one: he doesn't have a WWE type body and was a star in other companies. WWE absolutely hates guys who got over somewhere else and will do anything they can to prove that person can't hang in WWE. A lot of the backstage agents were burying Punk to management from the first match he had in WWE. Lucky for Punk he had a few key people go to bat for him (I think one was the evil John Cena) and after a while Vince seemed to take a liking to Punk.

It actually doesn't always have to do with Vince strictly liking you. Guys like Sheamus and I believe Drew McIntyre as well were Triple H's work out buddies (or maybe one was Taker's work out buddy, I forget now) so they got big pushes (though both have fairly dwindled down) but, yeah, it was basically Triple H going to Vince, saying 'I like this guy, I see potential', so Vince gives pushes.

I think CM Punk was actually put up there by Undertaker but Punk speaks his mind and Vince doesn't like that so Punk was often in the doghouse. Same with what is happening now. Vince doesn't like how Punk has an opinion about his spot on the roster so look how many times he had Punk lose....only the last few matches, he has mostly put up some wins. ********. Vince is the 'do what I say or I will screw you however I can' type of guy.