The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Yeah, Orton won the title. Kinda sucks for Christian, but considering Vince never saw him as a main eventer let alone champion it wasn't surprising.

Kharma seems to be being pushed as a Vader type monster who squashes everyone in her path, seems like they are having her do heel mannerisms.

Yeah, Orton won the title. Kinda sucks for Christian, but considering Vince never saw him as a main eventer let alone champion it wasn't surprising.

Kharma seems to be being pushed as a Vader type monster who squashes everyone in her path, seems like they are having her do heel mannerisms.

It would cool if they went neutral with her. It would make it more interesting.

I think Christian was champion due to the Edge retirement hype.

Damn. That's true that Vince never saw him as a main eventer, and I bet his opinion of him went even further down after he came back from TNA. Would've been better if Del Rio stayed on Smackdown and won the WHC and then start a rivalry with Randy Orton to push him as an even bigger heel.

And Kharma as a female Vader sounds amazing.

Speaking of amazing (Might be amazing to only me), Chyna seems to have returned to wrestling, because she's the mistress Kurt Angle was talking about. And they're supposed to be teaming up to face Karen and Jeff at Sacrifice in a mixed tag match.

With alberto Del Rio going to Raw and Randy Orton been drafted to Smackdown, it was inevitable that Christian would have a short time with the belt. As soon as I heard Randy was going to SD!, my first thoughts were, "He's getting the belt within the month." 2 weeks later, Orton wins the belt.

IMO Christian is only a mid-card guy in the first place. While he does show flashes of awesome, he's not consistent.

christain sucks we don't want another ecw do we christain, mark henry, jackson it's for the best. that he dont have it

He should IMO. That schedule that WWE wants their wrestlers to go through does take a toll on them...

Especially for a guy who doesn't drink, do drugs, or even take over the counter pain killers. I can't imagine being a pro wrestler and not at least having a few beers once in a while

Also someone needs to tell Randy Orton that the beard he's trying to get going makes him look like Abe Lincoln.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestlin...kdown-spoiler-vince-mcmahons-tribute-package/

Wrestlenewz.com said:
Dave Meltzer reports that people in WWE were “shocked” over how angry and emotional people got about Christian losing the World Title to Randy Orton which airs this Friday on Smackdown.

Wow, WWE. Just wow. I mean, there's always been speculation that WWE has no idea what their audience wants at times, but to actually confirm it is just...amazing.

And in another report on Wrestlenewz:

Wrestlenewz.com said:
According to Dave Meltzer, the original plan for Extreme Rules was for Alberto Del Rio to win the World Title and then lose it to Randy Orton on Smackdown two days later. The change was made to Christian either the day before or the morning of the show.

So either way, Orton was going to win the WHC on the following SmackDown no matter what. Glorious. :laugh:

IMO Christian is only a mid-card guy in the first place. While he does show flashes of awesome, he's not consistent.

RIP, I generally like your posts on here and you always bring intelligent and valid points from what I've read so this is nothing personal, but I've absolutely got to blow this out of the water. Christian puts on the next best thing to Jericho type matches night in and night out. He's also got above average mic skills. I think its more to do with Vince's perception of Christian and his perception of Christian's ability to draw than it is Christian's abilities as a performer or entertainer.

Christian has been putting on consistently top teir matches both in singles and tag team for a decade now. He's one of the better mic guys the company has too. Part of his lack of a push is probably due to him jumping to TNA. He's the first real major talent to go over that performed well over there, and come back as a performer in the WWE.

This 1 or 2 week championship run for him though is really disgusting, and I imagine Orton had something to do with it with his political pull backstage as a #1 guy (the only person to really challenge Cena at all for that title while on RAW).

There's probably several reasons we can name for what happened to Christian here, but one of them is not his awesomeness as I understand and interpret the word (superior ring ability, superior mic skills, superior character depth....being able to draw is optional because some less than stellar guys in these areas have went their entire careers or large chunks of them w/o the heavyweight belt like Eddie Guererro). Nothing personal man but I just don't agree with that assessment at all. Well I do about him being a mid card guy in WWE, but not for the reasons you stated. It has nothing to do with his awesomeness or level of talent and everything to do with his ability to draw and Vince's perception of him as the top guy toting the belt around. If Vince doesn't see you as one of the guys that can be the face of the company, you'll either never get the belt, or you'll have the type of run Christian had (which is sort of reminiscent of Kane's first World Title win where he beat Stone Cold at a PPV, (might have been the one Big Show debuted at, or some bizarre ending that wasn't a clean pin) but lost the belt back to him the very next night on RAW.

Last edited:
Here's the thing though: Christian is certainly a good wrestler and is not at all out of place in the main event. The problem is that Vince never saw him that way, he tends to feel that when a tag team is broken up one guy is a star and the other one is not. I call it the Rockers effect. Edge was the Shawn Michaels of their team and WWE sees Christan as the Marty Jannetty. I can guarantee you Orton didn't pull any politics to get this, it's all how the company views Christian.

Vince has to be lobbied hard to change his mind about anyone once he forms an opinion, he fought hard against the people who wanted to make Rey a world champion and even when he got the belt he was still never put cleanly over anyone.

By the way, the Kane-Stone Cold title swap included one of the most famous moments in the attitude era. Kane won a first blood match on PPV to win the title (he was still masked then so it was nearly impossible to make him bleed) and the next night was when Austin came down the ramp in a truck and jumped into the ring on top of Vince.

@Grune: It is my opinion and I respect yours on the Christian matter.

This 1 or 2 week championship run for him though is really disgusting, and I imagine Orton had something to do with it with his political pull backstage as a #1 guy (the only person to really challenge Cena at all for that title while on RAW)..

For this, I totally agree that this was a terrible act by WWE. If you wanted Orton to be champ, don't just hand it to him. They should've let Christian hold it for a month and lose it at the next PPV. I think Orton is taking lessons from HHH on how to politick and game the system to get what he wants, and that's whats killing the company right now; these mid-carders and not really getting a push (though you could make the argument John Morrison and R-Truth are getting theirs).

Watching WWE Classics on-Demand and watching the Monday night wars and I noticed something strange. It's showing Edge's debut on there and he just recently retired.

Guys, Orton isn't politicking here. Who becomes champ is solely Vince's choice alone, this is more him not wanting Christian as champ than wanting any particular person on top. All the Orton hating is misplaced,not to mention incorrect.

I really get annoyed when people say this is Orton using backstage politics to win another title. Orton is not HHH hes not married to the bosses daughter so he doesnt have that kind of pull

This is obviously a storyline and I wish people would realize that. People saying "Well Christian was still screwed he could of held the belt till Over The Limit" No the storyline is that Christian lost the belt in 5 days. The way he left the ring in SHOCK on Smackdown means something is going to happen. I think Christian is going to turn heel and destroy Randy Orton as a result and Christian could win the belt back at OTL or Captiol Punishment.