The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I hope his neck does get better, but I think he's going out at the right time. He's 37, and being a high-flyer previously, has lasted longer than the ring lifespan of many of his equals. I'm glad to see him go out on top.

That's supposed to be Hulk Hogan. :laugh:

WWE showed an Awesome Kong promo and it looked nice. Can't wait for her to debut.

And that Sin Cara/Primo match was amazing. Looked exactly like their dark match they had a few weeks ago.

Yeah I know, but Macho Man makes a cameo and flattens the competition.

Loved the Sin Cara match, loved even more that the crowd was into it pretty good for a guy they don't know much about. The Awesome Kong promos were great, but what's she going to do in WWE? I can't imagine she'd have any real competition besides Beth Phoenix unless they go the Chyna route and have her beat up guys.

The Edge thing was surprising in how sudden it was, but once you get that fusion surgery done you're on borrowed time. Japanese legend Mitsuharu Misawa died in the ring not too long ago because his neck was in the same shape Edge's was. He got suplexed in a match and it broke his neck. So if there's even a slight doubt about his well being, there's no reason to risk it. What scares me is that Kurt Angle's neck was in the same shape Edge's is, and he's still out there taking bumps in TNA like nothing's wrong.

Also great to see the Nexus guys back, if for no other reason than having CM Punk resume his messiah gimmick that is so awesomely awesome to watch.

Loved the Sin Cara match, loved even more that the crowd was into it pretty good for a guy they don't know much about. The Awesome Kong promos were great, but what's she going to do in WWE? I can't imagine she'd have any real competition besides Beth Phoenix unless they go the Chyna route and have her beat up guys.

The Edge thing was surprising in how sudden it was, but once you get that fusion surgery done you're on borrowed time. Japanese legend Mitsuharu Misawa died in the ring not too long ago because his neck was in the same shape Edge's was. He got suplexed in a match and it broke his neck. So if there's even a slight doubt about his well being, there's no reason to risk it. What scares me is that Kurt Angle's neck was in the same shape Edge's is, and he's still out there taking bumps in TNA like nothing's wrong.

Also great to see the Nexus guys back, if for no other reason than having CM Punk resume his messiah gimmick that is so awesomely awesome to watch.

Yea, I a msad to see Edge go, one of the major reasons I watch Smackdown, I wish him the best in the future, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders so I am sure he will be fine, huge loss to the company.

Man sad to see Edge go out the way he did, but in all honesty what was left for him to accomplish? I felt that Edge had nothing left to do, and while the retirement felt a bit early, in a way this forces some Smackdown talent to step up, which I feel has been needed for quite a while.

It's sad to see Edge go. Hopefully he'll stick around in a non-wrestling role. Would it be too much to ask he replaces Cole as an announcer?(ain't happening I know but I can dream)

Sin Cara really would benefit from being on Smackdown since it's a taped show, but they put a lot of money in him and RAW is the A squad.

Also the new thing now that HHH is in charge of the developmental side of things is that new people get videos to build their arrival, the Sin Cara and Amazing Kong (or whatever she's going to be called) videos are the first examples. This can only be a Good Thing, since WWE needs to build new talent badly and videos hyping a newcomer are a great way to do that.

WWE's relied too much on Orton, Cena, Taker, Edge and others to the point where any new talent that gets over is assured to get their asses handed by established talent. I mean look at the likes of Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Jack Swagger, guys who were and should be Main Event wrestlers currently but are Mid-Carding for no apparent reason.

WWE's hyped alot of wrestlers up to the point where having them on a Mid-Card level isn't doing them justice but are forced to stay there because of the over crowded main event scene, and It's a problem that they seriously need to fix up. Not to mention the countless wrestlers who have had great pushes only to be shunned down the list again, It just takes out the seriousness of the Wrestler.

So yeah, how about that R-Truth heel turn? Anyone else get the feeling between that and the draft being moved up (was supposed to be in June) it looks like WWE is freaking out over losing Edge?

Hey also got bumped off the Extreme Rules main event for John Morrison, who I feel is a better add to the match. Plus, he's been due for this kind of match, as he's put a lot in his performance/wrestling as of late.

So yeah, how about that R-Truth heel turn? Anyone else get the feeling between that and the draft being moved up (was supposed to be in June) it looks like WWE is freaking out over losing Edge?

I dig R-Truth turning heel, If you ever saw his stuff during 2002-2003 in TNA he pulled off a great heel character so It'll work wonders for him, can definately see him as one of the top heels on Raw easily. Yeah I agree on WWE freaking out over Edge retiring, simply because it was so sudden and It hasn't given them time to really establish a guy on Edge's level, but heres hopes that Christian gets the spotlight he finally deserves in the WWE.

Hey also got bumped off the Extreme Rules main event for John Morrison, who I feel is a better add to the match. Plus, he's been due for this kind of match, as he's put a lot in his performance/wrestling as of late.

Yeah I consider Morrison the next Shawn Michaels, the guy can deliver in the ring and his promo skills are getting better and better. I loved his stuff with him and The Miz when they were a tag team, those Dirt Sheet shows on WWE.com were so fun to watch.

How about that WWE Draft? Nice trolling by having Cena get drafted to Smackdown and then back to RAW. :laugh:

Also, Del Rio being drafted to RAW means that Christian should be getting the WHC at Extreme Rules.

And I heard that Sin Cara's been acting a bit like an ass backstage, so that would explain why he's going to Smackdown after only 2-3 matches on RAW.

Oh, and Awesome Kong's WWE name is going to be "Kharma". It's better than what they were originally going to name her...

Sin Cara's going to Smackdown because, let's just say it's in his best interests to be on the taped show. Even in Mexico, he wasn't known as a guy who would hit 100% of his moves on a regular basis.

Even with the Cena fakeout, Smackdown still made out like a bandit on the draft. I wonder who's going to get the axe since the annual talent purge usually happens after the draft every year. Anyone who hasn't been on TV much is probably avoiding answering the phone right now.

Also I thought it was part of the story/fake blood with the JR and Cole angle, but JR tweeted that he got cut on his hand. Apparently one of Cole's teeth went nearly to the bone on JR's hand during the beatdown so the busted lip was legit.

Draft updates:

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown

Jack Swagger to Raw

Great Khali to Smackdown

Jimmy Uso to Smackdown

Kelly Kelly to Raw

JTG to Raw

Alicia Fox to Smackdown

William Regal to Smackdown

Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown

After the first two, it's a lot of "I thought they were already on that show".

And here's the rest of the results:

* Drew McIntyre goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Natalya goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Curt Hawkins goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Chris Masters goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Jey Uso goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Kofi Kingston goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Ted DiBiase goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Tyson Kidd goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Tamina goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Tyler Reks goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Alex Riley goes from RAW to SmackDown.

* Beth Phoenix goes from SmackDown to RAW.

* Sheamus goes from RAW to SmackDown.

After the first two, it's a lot of "I thought they were already on that show".

There are some people that got traded that make me wonder how they're still with WWE (JTG, Curt Hawkins, Alicia Fox, Chris Masters)

i wish they traded cena to smackdown and didnt trade him back the same night. that was kinda dissapointing. i was like all excited that he was leaving raw only to see him traded back. grrrr! i was kind sick of raw being about cena and orton. well i got half of what i wanted so i wont complain too much.

I'm surprised they moved Alex Riley to Smackdown. I don't see WWE doing much with him if he isn't with the Miz. Most of those other people only wrestle on Superstars so it won't seem any different.

i wish they traded cena to smackdown and didnt trade him back the same night. that was kinda dissapointing. i was like all excited that he was leaving raw only to see him traded back. grrrr! i was kind sick of raw being about cena and orton. well i got half of what i wanted so i wont complain too much.

I was really annoyed by this. I don't know why I fell for it... I guess he needs to be there for The Rock's big birthday bash coming up in a few days...