The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
So, how about that TNA PPV ending, eh? Sting and Jeff Hardy for the TNA world title, and Sting wins in 90 seconds. Many fans cried out "BS", and rightfully so. You don't build up the entire PPV for a match that lasts as long as a pee break! But on the other side of things, rumor has it that Jeff was visibly high and Sting knew it. Therefore, instead of working with a man that could potential hurt himself or others, Sting forced him into the three count.

http://de.justin.tv/rkofan2006/b/281517372 : Replay of the final "match"

Jeff Hardy is such a piece of garbage, I don't know why any company would continue to put hope into him. Jeff is very talented in the ring and entertaining to watch but he is clearly an idiot who keeps ruining himself because of his 'demons'. If you car enough about your career, get some goddamn help, you're wasting your talent.

I would love to know why the hell Drew Carey made it into the WWE HoF.

Also forgot to mention, I am not sure if any of you know this one, but this is the REAL HoF I pay attention to so check out the class of 2011!

http://www.pwhf.org/halloffamers/inductees.asp

Last edited:
With people like Drew Carey and Pete Rose being inducted into the WWE hall of fame before legitimate guys like Randy Savage, they're basically saying their hall of fame has as much credibility when it comes to wrestling as the Rock & Roll Hall of fame (which is a complete joke) does when it comes to rock music.

Have they inducted David Arquette yet? If not I mean why not throw him in too? At least he was World Heavyweight champ (which was one of the single biggest slaps in the face to professional wrestling ever). All Pete Rose did was get choke slammed, and like you Jade I don't even remember what Drew Carey did. Oh yeah, reading about it he was in a royal rumble?

If this keeps going, guys like Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, William Perry, Butterbean, Mayweather Jr. and Lawrence Taylor (well maybe not now) will be in before long.

With people like Drew Carey and Pete Rose being inducted into the WWE hall of fame before legitimate guys like Randy Savage, they're basically saying their hall of fame has as much credibility when it comes to wrestling as the Rock & Roll Hall of fame (which is a complete joke) does when it comes to rock music.

Have they inducted David Arquette yet? If not I mean why not throw him in too? At least he was World Heavyweight champ (which was one of the single biggest slaps in the face to professional wrestling ever). All Pete Rose did was get choke slammed, and like you Jade I don't even remember what Drew Carey did. Oh yeah, reading about it he was in a royal rumble?

If this keeps going, guys like Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, William Perry, Butterbean, Mayweather Jr. and Lawrence Taylor (well maybe not now) will be in before long.

Yeah having Drew Carey inducted just ruins the credibility for me.

Apparently the reson why Randy Savage isn't in the Hall of Fame ( And should have been from the damn start ) is because of an incident involving Savage and Stephanie McMahon some while ago but I won't go into details, although I could just be another dirtsheet rumor but alot of Wrestlers have talked about it.

I'm still kicking myself as to why they haven't inducted Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger, Scott Hall ( One of the greatest wrestlers to not hold a World Title ) and DDP ( A credible inductee to be honest, He was a good manager and had some truly awesome moments when he stepped in as a wrestler in WCW, although Vince RUINED his character when he went to the WWF ).

Sure it's Vince's deal and he can run it however he pleases, however personal tensions between a select few or events that have occurred shouldn't be apart of what they've done for Vince McMahon ( Seriously, Ultimate Warrior was such hot property at his peak and made Vinnie huge bank with Merch and PPV buys ), or the Industry as a whole.

People look at the WWE Hall of Fame as the grand daddy of them all because of how well done it is ( It would If it's run by a Billionaire ) and If they're going to start running out of Guys then it's just going to go downhill... Why don't we just induct Doink the Clown and Blue Meanie while we're at it?

Anybody catch TNA tonight? It was the usual TNA fare, with matches that don't really seem to advance the storyline much. Though I am liking Hernandez' angle, they're doing that well. They also need to stop this useless Pope/Samoa Joe angle, because they're both heavyweight contenders that seem to be wasted in this story line because they couldn't really find anything for them to do.

Also, there's something that's been bugging me like crazy for a long time. During the commercial breaks, I saw 2 WWE commercials promoting that WWE All Stars game and WM27. And yet I NEVER see any TNA commericals running when WWE shows are on. This just goes to show much Spike doesn't care much about TNA because in almost every Impact, there's at least 1 WWE commercial.

People look at the WWE Hall of Fame as the grand daddy of them all because of how well done it is ( It would If it's run by a Billionaire ) and If they're going to start running out of Guys then it's just going to go downhill... Why don't we just induct Doink the Clown and Blue Meanie while we're at it?

The thing is, I don't really see why people think that the WWE Hall of Fame is legit in the first place. They've inducted people like Vince Sr.'s limo driver in there for Christ's sake! :laugh:

Last edited:
That is exactly why I don't take any WWE awards ceremonies seriously. Especially seeing how they act like Slammys are legit awards.

THANK YOU!

I don't get why people even bother with the WWE HoF, it is such a joke....just look at how has been inducted! Of course, there are the well deserving wrestlers in there but when you see who else is in and who hasn't gotten it yet, it's a sure sign of how stupid the WWE HoF is.

Can't wait for wrestlemania. It isnt really gonna be that good probably but I finally get to see it in person, so that will be cool. Anyone else here going? I got two extra tickets I'm tryin to get rid of if u are.

A homeless Power Ranger, LMAO, the Rock is awesome.

FINALLY an awesome choice for the HoF (besides HBK) in the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom, HELL YEAH.

A homeless Power Ranger, LMAO, the Rock is awesome.

FINALLY an awesome choice for the HoF (besides HBK) in the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom, HELL YEAH.

I thought you said the WWE Hall of Fame was a sham... :laugh:

But yeah, that homeless power ranger crack was good. The way RAW ended with Cena FU'ing Rock (I refuse to call it an Attitude Adjustment) was pretty good too. I wish that they would make Cena into a heel (Or at least neutral), but that's not gonna happen seeing how he sells the merchandise.

This RAW was pretty solid. The part where Kane was doing that little trumpet motion had me marking out like crazy. :laugh:

Typical WWE, glorifying the "Superhero" over the most iconic superstar they had. Hopefully they do something right at Wrestlemania.

Rock doesnt move the same way he used to, a ton of ring rust there lol.

I wouldn't say the HoF is a complete joke like the slammys. For as much as they get it wrong, what they do get right makes it completely worth it for me. Guys like Curt Henning (Mr. Perfect) or Ricky Steamboat, guys who were under utilized in their time in WWE and never got the belt when their ability was championship material, get celebrated saying it wasn't about where you were at any one time, but your whole career. I mean Antonio Inoki, Bullet Bob Armstrong, these guys never really worked for WWE/WWF and there is still enough of perception on what they did to celebrate their contributions to the greater Pro wrestling industry. When they do get it right like with the Road Warriors (Legion of Doom), we get a little walk down memory lane to remember the good old days, of the guys who made the biz. what it is today.... the real HoF sham to me was how little of a reaction the LOD HoF announcement got from the live crowd tonight...

On that note.. who are some performers who'd guys like to see in the Hall of Fame?

Man, I really hope they pull the trigger on heel Cena at some point. His promo tonight was yet another show of how good he would be if they ever stopped worrying about enraging the mass of 7 year olds who make up his fanbase.

I'd like to see Cena go heel as well, but it's all about the merch sales of kids, you're right. But half of the "wwe universe" hates him already regardless of weather he's face or heel. And if he goes bad, he's worthless. Cause kids will stop buying product and everyone else hates him no matter what. It'll happen someday, like Hogan, it'll happen.

I'd like to see Cena go heel as well, but it's all about the merch sales of kids, you're right. But half of the "wwe universe" hates him already regardless of weather he's face or heel. And if he goes bad, he's worthless. Cause kids will stop buying product and everyone else hates him no matter what. It'll happen someday, like Hogan, it'll happen.

Well if his gimmick changes if he turns heel, then he may be loved again. Remember, its his gimmick that people hate right now. A lot of people (including me) miss the rapper gimmick, so if he were to be heel as a rapper, I would give Cena another chance.

Well if his gimmick changes if he turns heel, then he may be loved again. Remember, its his gimmick that people hate right now. A lot of people (including me) miss the rapper gimmick, so if he were to be heel as a rapper, I would give Cena another chance.
That's a good view on it, but when the people who boo him, I don't think it's so much because of his gimmick. I think it's because 1. he is completely over rated in his in ring ability, the company holds him in such high regard when CM Punk, Daniel Bryan etc. have so much more to offer technically than Cena and 2. because of his gimmick he is shoved down our throats at such a high profile every week, last year Cena was in every PPV main event when he is not the most talented.. I think people would like to see him knocked down a peg, then they would appreciate him more.