The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
you know, Sheamus is my favorite on screen character, but there's no one within a country mile as good as Morrison is on the RAW roster. After watching that RAW Rumble....I mean the guy showed two near eliminations I've never seen before (hand plant on the floor and the feet caught in the ropes where his back was almost touching. The ab strength you have to have to sit yourself up and pull yourself back into the ring is ridiculous). They need to stop mid carding this guy and get the world title on him ASAP. He's absolutely paid his dues, more so than Del Rio has. Morrison's mic skills aren't on par with the Miz or Cena (although he said some pretty funny stuff back when he was "ECW" champ), but he more than makes up for it with his athleticism. I saw him live and in person in the MIB Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando, and he is absolutely unreal....

Still in awe over his performance in that mini rumble tonight too.......

Damn seeing Diesel and Booker T in the WWE again was a surprise, I had a feeling that they were going back to TNA because of the apparent MEM Storyline thats unfolding but it was awesome to see Nash in a WWE Ring again, especially as Diesel which was one of the first wrestlers I ever liked growing up watching it.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/172480/Updates-On-Kevin-Nash,-Booker-T-and-Awesome-Kong.htm

These were some notes after Royal Rumble, I could see Booker T wrestling again but only for a short amount of time I suppose, It's a different WWE from when Booker T was last in it, there's a ton of new stars in the Main Event scene and I think having Booker T in there again would steal the spotlight from the newer Main Event talent, which isn't good in developing new stars. But maybe a few matches with the veteran WWE Wrestlers I suppose, be neat to have a rematch of Booker T's last match in the WWE against Triple H, or maybe even a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker... but I suppose Diesel would be a more awesome choice, I'd like to see that happen for Wrestlemania this year, but if not they should induct Nash into the Hall of Fame, he's accomplished alot and was a huge star in his peak.

But It was awesome to see Alberto Del Rio win the Royal Rumble, easily my favorite new talent to come along, he's a great wrestler and I love his character ( Even though some see him as a Spanish JBL, but I reckon he craps all over JBL anyday ). It's a great way to push him further up the Main Event scene, winning the Rumble is a big deal and I really feel that Alberto will defeat Edge at Wrestlemania, It would really establish Alberto as one of the top guys in the WWE, a fresh new face at that, which is what the WWE is going for nowdays.

Well, WWE feels that Booker can't wrestle all that well anymore, but they do like his voice. He's now the new Smackdown commentator, replacing Matt Striker. And I say finally, the team of Striker and Cole was very hard to listen to.

I've always hated Striker, he gets too serious and tries to sound smart. Now, the man does know what he is talking about and he is an intelligent dude, but using big words when the target audience is kids is just stupid.

I'll take Striker over Michael Cole's new Heel commentator, he just overdoes his Character and makes some brilliant up and comers like Daniel Bryan look like a complete sack of sh*t with his commentary, but I guess now since King's become a Face type of commentator there needed to be a Heel one, but Cole's smartass comments and being a dick overdoes it.

Michael Cole's heel commentator role is just terrible and it gets annoying real quick. I loved JR and King, they were the best commentary team ever, why does JR have to be behind the scenes :(

Michael Cole's heel commentator role is just terrible and it gets annoying real quick. I loved JR and King, they were the best commentary team ever, why does JR have to be behind the scenes :(

JR and King are good, but he's lost a bit of a step, or maybe it just appears that way because he's got to come down to Michael Cole's level so as not to overshadow him. He's a much better heel commentator than he is a face one. He'll still throw a zinger or two out there, but nothing like what he used to back in the late 90s early 2000s. I'd say you should go watch some classic matches with Bobby Heenan calling them. The Brain was the ultimate heel commentator. Also Larry Zybysko was a fantastic commentator for WCW back in the day as well (he had to help carry Tony Shiavone).

I also really like Don West too. Of course I remember him from the late night sports card shows he did on Home Shopping Network at 1-2am on Sunday mornings. That guy has a completely different gear that most people don't have as far as vocal energy goes. I don't understand why WWE doesn't go after him since he was replaced by the far inferior Tazz on color for TNA. West right now is a better commentator than anyone WWE currently has except King.

On a seperate note, its hard to believe there's an entire generation of kids today that have no idea how awesome experiencing Hulkamania was back in the 80s and early 90s.

Last edited:
Can't believe the amount of people who don't understand the true genius of Piper. The man wasn't the best in the ring but he is the best talker the WWF/E will ever have. Also, Gorgeous George is my second fav wrestler and I can't believe the amount of people who say OMG SHE WAS SO HOT. Um, no, I am not referring to the useless slut, thank you.

2-21-2011 is the date Taker is returning....so this is weak if that promo is for him and not Sting.

On another seperate note, Steiner's contract should clearly state that he is not to wrestle, but instead just do run ins, and do backstage promos. Steiner gives the FUNNIEST backstage promos of anyone in the history of professional wrestling. There are two mashups on youtube that still have me laughing to this day because of either how bad he screws up, or how politically incorrect he is. One distinctly i remember that's fairly recent was when someone asked if he was afraid of Samoa Joe. His response:

"The only way I'd be afraid of Samoa Joe is if I was covered in twinkies, or dressed up as a hamburger"

^^^^^^ You absolutely cannot get any funnier than that when its live. That's what you get from Steiner EVERY SINGLE TIME he's on the mic. TNA segment ratings would go up just on his 5 minute promos alone I promise you!! :) :) :) :)

A Rock/Cena confrontation would be epic....right up there with Rock/Hogan, except with Cena in his prime and Rock still young and capable of carrying a decent match more than likely.

It was funny how the censors gave up after the first "A**", pretty much everything after that went through. Wonder how the shareholders feel about that, or if that's possibly the beginning of a shift away from the 'PG' era.

It was funny how the censors gave up after the first "A**", pretty much everything after that went through. Wonder how the shareholders feel about that, or if that's possibly the beginning of a shift away from the 'PG' era.

That might possibly be it, maybe theyre trying to bring grown men back into wrestling by bringing the rock back. Nothing about his character is PG unless they drastically change it which would cause major fan backlash.

I almost cried when I heard the Rock's music hit.

My man is 3-0 against that douche, Cena. SUCK IT, JOHN.