The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
It wasn't my theory, it was actually what the WWE wanted to do =)

I don't know how they wanted to pull it off but there were reports that it would possibly be Wade vs Taker if Taker was in good condition. It was also reported that Cena wants to take some time off after WM, if he makes it without his injuries stopping him completely by then, so it would be silly to have him win a belt and then go on a vacation. I mean, I can see it happening if Cena ends up losing at WM and then taking time off after but the chances of Cena losing is slim, unless they do Cena vs Undertaker (again, if he is healthy by then) and then Taker wins and keeps his streak while Cena takes his healing vacation. I can't see Cena losing to anyone else.

I read somewhere that Cena wants to challenge Taker at a Wrestlemania sometime. That could potentially be what happens if Cena for some reason loses the Rumble. He challenges Taker for his streak similar to how Shawn Michaels did. Also I think Cena could put Orton over too (although that would be weird from a RR perspective, as I can't recall the last person to win the RR but lose his title match).

Also don't misunderstand my theory, I"m NOT a Cena fan. Sheamus, IMO, is the biggest thing the company has going for it today (close second IMO would be Morrison if they'd quit burying him). I just have read for some time they've been trying to line up Orton/Cena for another WM match. I agree that if he wanted to take time off due to injury after WM then they wouldn't put him over, but I just don't recall reading any reports of him considering that. Plus, again I think if he were hurt more seriously than just a hip thing then he would have stayed out longer than a couple of weeks to heal up.

We'll see though. I could be dead wrong about half these assumptions :p

We are both on the same page with Cena, though I don't know if you actually hate him, but I hate him with a PASSION.

Here is the report on Cena:

http://wrestlingtruth.com/news/john...pdate-roh-stars-on-tough-enough-new-knockout/

Sheamus is awesome, but I can't stand that stupid King outfit of his, it's ridiculous.....and, as much of an Orton fan as I am, I would hate to see yet another Cena vs Orton match.....been done way too many times! Really hope that doesn't happen.

Cena has been my least favorite of the newer generation. He has skill, I'll give him that, but he should never have turned from heel to face. He was so much better (and funnier) with the rapper gimmick. If he needs to take some time off, I know I won't miss him much, but I think the fan base and subsequent TV ratings will dip due to his absence.

Ok RAW had me re-thinking my pick (don't worry I"m not changing it) after they feigned him sacrificing his spot in the Rumble for not apologizing to Punk and Barrett for trying to screwjob them last night. Interesting to see how they treat his "apologies" this Sunday

At first I legitimately thought they would have went through with one or the other's factions being removed from the Rumble. But nothing writing can't get around. A few people get "mysteriously" injured backstage, and they have to fill that Rumble slot with someone. Would have been a decent gimmicky way to make you think they weren't included but then they find a way back in the match.

I'm still liking his chances, but it was a scare and I almost thought I'd have to come back to a "told ya so" from you ;)

Cena has been my least favorite of the newer generation. He has skill, I'll give him that, but he should never have turned from heel to face. He was so much better (and funnier) with the rapper gimmick. If he needs to take some time off, I know I won't miss him much, but I think the fan base and subsequent TV ratings will dip due to his absence.

I agree, I enjoyed Cena as the Heel Rapper he could actually draw proper heat because people just hate White people trying to act Black. I feel that Vince needed a new face around 2005 because there came a point where you can't just have Triple H and Kurt Angle headlining all the time, It just gets stale ( I thought WWE as a whole in 2004-2005 sucked compared to what TNA was offering at the time ), so Vince decides to push Cena to the moon even though he wasn't as over compared to the Main Event Wrestlers at the time and that's what screwed it for me, If you ever went online around that period when Cena won the WWE Title MAJORITY of discussions about Cena were very negative, hell look at how the crowd reacted to him at One Night Stand 2006, I've never seen a guy been booed as loudly.

I respect Cena though, He's a very hard worker and is a talented guy ( Apart from the In-Ring Wrestling which is pretty bland, his moveset sucks I feel there's alot better wrestlers who deserve the spot ) and has worked hard to get where he is, but the push he got was just unbearable and the fact that he's been headlining every damn PPV since 05 ( It's been 5 years now, are you kidding me? ) is just so boring. John Cena will never get to the point where The Rock, Austin and even Mick Foley were, he's just too dull and generic.

Yeah I agree with you on the audience dropping for a while, without the Top guy who's the main attraction of the Company the ratings are sure to dip a little bit, but now the WWE's in a shaky state at the moment, their Ratings are slowly declining and their Stock's have been taking a beating. I really feel like Pro-Wrestling's going to really die off in this decade, and I blame it on Vince for buying WCW.

Becoming face was actually the best thing for him. He's the new version of Hulk Hogan, every kid's hero. He wouldn't be as popular if he were a heel. Though I hate his guts, he is great on the mic and funny as hell.

So reports today say that some of the 'surprise' entrants to the RR will be Triple H and Booker T. Apparently, Booker T was scheduled to be somewhere else and he happened to cancel it so that puts more fuel on the RR rumor fire and Triple H is on the cover of the latest WWE magazine and talks about his return.

I could also see Punk winning the belt, which would be just fine by me <3

Got my Piper robe the other day. Before anyone points it out, yes, Piper almost always signs the 'Rowdy' part like 'road'. It's a messy connecting 'w' and a messy 'y', lol.

DSCF2423.jpg

So reports today say that some of the 'surprise' entrants to the RR will be Triple H and Booker T. Apparently, Booker T was scheduled to be somewhere else and he happened to cancel it so that puts more fuel on the RR rumor fire and Triple H is on the cover of the latest WWE magazine and talks about his return.

I could also see Punk winning the belt, which would be just fine by me <3

I figure we'll see Hunter on Sunday. As for Booker T that is very very interesting. I'd read somewhere they were trying to get him to sign with TNA to rejoin the MEM (incase anyone missed it, Steiner came in at the end of the show to help out Angle, dressed in his MEM suit). I also read that they've either signed Sting and Nash or are working hard to sign them. The report did say they weren't sure on Booker T's status, but it will be interesting to find out if he's at the Rumble, or at Feb 4th's Impact when the new "They" are revealed.

Edit - here's the link: http://rajah.com/base/node/21455. Its a couple of weeks older than the one for Booker T you are talking about, so perhaps he's negotiating with both for the best offer (or maybe the Rumble is a one time appearance followed by him rejoining TNA).

Also Jade, that Hot-Rod robe is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Hot Rod was my favorite for a short time as a kid. While I grew up a Hulkamaniac like just about everyone else in the US, that crazy Ultimate Warrior was my all time favorite as a kid. That robe is a treasure though. Very nice piece. Congrats on getting it.

Last edited:
Anyone picking up the WWE Allstars game??
I haven't played a wrestling game since about 2006, but even though the moves and characters are VERY exaggerated, AllStars looks like a fun game according to the Gameplay videos.

You forgot to mention Awesome Kong. She is apparently making her WWE debut at RR.

That would be great. I haven't watched WWE in a long time, but I think Awesome Kong could be the next Chyna. WWE needs females that can actually wrestle, just bring in a few Japanese and some Indy wrestlers and kick out the 'Divas' and the women's roster could turn around.

First match was Edge vs Dolph Ziggler and it was awesome! The person I wanted to win didn't :)/) but it was exciting.

Wow, so Triple H and Awesome Kong didn't come out but Booker T (yawn) came out and.....oh my god....DIESEL, YES, NASH AS DIESEL, I MARKED LIKE CRAZY.....and then my pick (Barrett) gets into the final four and gets robbed by a goddamn JBL rip off.

GTFO WWE

Uggh, Cena gets taken out by a distraction from Miz and Riley.

It was looking pretty good there for a moment.

Did anyone actually have Del Rio in this thread?

Edit - RIPLIUKANG did indeed. Kudos and +rep to you for picking the winner tonight!!!

Thank the Lord Del Rio won. Although Barrett would've been a great choice to see win the RR, too.

Also, hell yes Diesel!! I think this is a one-off thing, which makes me sad. Nash looked like he could wrestle full time again, being buff and energetic.