My Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection Checklist

TerryMasters

I'm making a list of all the things I absolutely have to do once the Kollection comes out.

1. Double damage projectiles in MK1 followed by jumping and kicking after the round is declared a draw.
2. Raiden's late uppercut explosion fatality in MKII.
3. Scorpion's minions fatality against Nightwolf on the subway stage in UMK3.

Don't ask why. I just really like messin stuff up :)

To Do List:

1. find Skarlet in MK2
2. make Reptile in MK1 give up 10,000,000 total score up
3. figure out what Liu Kang is talking about, after this long i figure its about time

.. messin stuff up is the best

1. Fergality
2.Stryker's m9 pistol move
3.spam no transitioning animations

Last edited:
*sigh*
you're right I just remembered it was in the console version

Last edited:
*sigh*
you're right I just remembered it was in the console version

And if I remember correctly, only the sega genesis version.

My list
1. Play mk1 online.
2. Play mk2 and try to beat it on medium, don't think I ever did as a kid.
3. Play mk2 online.
4. Try to do the umk3 fatalities this time, I only did them as a kid with the one button fatalities cheat. Have no idea what the inputs are.
5. Beat umk3 ladder on medium, for the sane reason as mk2.

2 and 5 are subject to change if there is no difficulty selector. Then it would change to just beating the ladder.

^ I hope there is a medium setting but I doubt we will have a choice as to what level the AI plays at since it suppose to be a direct port

^ I hope there is a medium setting but I doubt we will have a choice as to what level the AI plays at since it suppose to be a direct port

Well, with the arcade you could change the difficulty.

I didn't have mk2 for psn, but from what I remember reading is it didn't have a difficulty selector. So there may not be one in MK:AK. I may be wrong, so correct me if I am about mk2.

Umk3 on xbox doesnt have a difficulty selector either. I wish they would implement that feature due to new players that are just learning or have never played these games.

Well, with the arcade you could change the difficulty.

I didn't have mk2 for psn, but from what I remember reading is it didn't have a difficulty selector. So there may not be one in MK:AK. I may be wrong, so correct me if I am about mk2.
you can select difficulty on MK2 n PSN

what i am going to do/ checklist
1. wait till they decide to release it, could be october at this point
2. Enter code from klassic bundle or puchase with 800 msp points
3.wait for dl to complete
4.press start
fyi (in the 10,000 hours i played MK2 in its heyday in aladins castle, I never saw the skarlet glitch. Or Kano transformation)

I've been thinking lately about this game and realized I might be more excited about the arcade sticks that are coming out along with them. The first pdp sticks inspired me to make an arcade cabinet. So I've had these sticks preorder since before they decided to go with the klassic look. So with that in mind, I'm gonna change my list:

1. get sticks
2. measure sticks
3. make a holder for sticks on the arcade cabinet
4. Paint it black
5. Install it on the cabinet
6. Make minor changes that may be needed with the tv in the cabinet, or anything else.
7. play some MK or other arcade games I've purchased off of psn or ps1, most likely NBA Jam, WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, or NFL Blitz. All for the ps1. Favorite thing about them is they are all the longboxes, well except NFL Blitz. It was a ***** finding one on ebay that wasn't to ridiculously priced. Worst one to find a longbox that wasn't like 30 bucks was DooM. I think I payed less than 10 bucks, don't remember now. Anyways, back to the list.
8. Make or order a bezel and then put glass in front of it. Haven't done that yet, waiting on these damn sticks. I don't have any idea of how high they are gonna be, and didn't want to order or make something that wouldn't work and have to do it all over again. This one could switch places with 7, just depends on what comes first. Also haven't really decided on the glass. Thought about at one time putting a 3d tv in the cabinet to play MK9 in 3d, but didn't know if plexiglass or any glass would affect the 3d.
9. Get new glass for the marquee, I was an idiot and told the guy at Lowes to cut it to small. Wasn't thinking and when I got home I was like, I'm an idiot.
10. Play games.

1.Play MK2
2.Learn moves (As i have never played the 2D games before)
3.Find easter eggs in this game (if any)
4.Try awesome glitches lol.

I've been thinking lately about this game and realized I might be more excited about the arcade sticks that are coming out along with them. The first pdp sticks inspired me to make an arcade cabinet. So I've had these sticks preorder since before they decided to go with the klassic look. So with that in mind, I'm gonna change my list:

1. get sticks
2. measure sticks
3. make a holder for sticks on the arcade cabinet
4. Paint it black
5. Install it on the cabinet
6. Make minor changes that may be needed with the tv in the cabinet, or anything else.
7. play some MK or other arcade games I've purchased off of psn or ps1, most likely NBA Jam, WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, or NFL Blitz. All for the ps1. Favorite thing about them is they are all the longboxes, well except NFL Blitz. It was a ***** finding one on ebay that wasn't to ridiculously priced. Worst one to find a longbox that wasn't like 30 bucks was DooM. I think I payed less than 10 bucks, don't remember now. Anyways, back to the list.
8. Make or order a bezel and then put glass in front of it. Haven't done that yet, waiting on these damn sticks. I don't have any idea of how high they are gonna be, and didn't want to order or make something that wouldn't work and have to do it all over again. This one could switch places with 7, just depends on what comes first. Also haven't really decided on the glass. Thought about at one time putting a 3d tv in the cabinet to play MK9 in 3d, but didn't know if plexiglass or any glass would affect the 3d.
9. Get new glass for the marquee, I was an idiot and told the guy at Lowes to cut it to small. Wasn't thinking and when I got home I was like, I'm an idiot.
10. Play games.

If you need any measurements let me know. I made a custom arcade with two of the tournament edition sticks and they are the exact same size as the ones coming with the arcade kollection

If you need any measurements let me know. I made a custom arcade with two of the tournament edition sticks and they are the exact same size as the ones coming with the arcade kollection

I found the measurements on Amazon a few months ago. But I would rather have the sticks that way I can design accordingly. The thing I want to avoid is making the thing according to the measurements, but it not working cuz there was something specific on the sticks that caused it not to work, then have to do it all over again and buy more wood. Don't know if I explained that very well, but you get what I'm saying?

I am curious on what you did for the sticks on your cabinet.

^ well I just basically built an arcade shell around them. My unfinished version is in a thread one here. Pretty sure it's thread title is mk9 insprired custom arcade or something like that if you want to see some pics. It's quite large because I used a 32" tv

*edit* found the thread. http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/22084-Custom-MK-2011-Inspired-Arcade-Cabinet

Last edited:
Looks good. Mine right now has a 19" screen in it. Gonna upgrade to a 22" prolly, the cab 25" wide, once I have the money. Is there anything inbetween the two sticks, or do they kinda push into one another, keeping them from moving? That's main one question about that.

They are touching side by side. I made it a pretty tight fit because I didn't want any movement while playing. If you open the front door and push up on them they will pull right out. That way I can just slide two of the classic sticks in if I want

I found the measurements on Amazon a few months ago. But I would rather have the sticks that way I can design accordingly. The thing I want to avoid is making the thing according to the measurements, but it not working cuz there was something specific on the sticks that caused it not to work, then have to do it all over again and buy more wood. Don't know if I explained that very well, but you get what I'm saying?

I am curious on what you did for the sticks on your cabinet.

this is a pretty good way to do it if I do say so myself:

IMG_2217-1.jpg

on topic: I plan on playing the hell out of all 3 classics on my cab