UMK9 Discussion ~ ALL UMK9 Discussion Goes Here

Re: Here s a petition for UMK9

No, thanks, I wont sign to pay for the same game again.

Probably I would buy it if it has enough new content, but I'd be pissed anyway.

That's not for the same disc! Just an additional DISK or New DLC PACK.
Sorry for my poor english.

We don't need UMK9 for two reasons
1.) every update could just come in as DLC or in MK10
2.) We don't want NRS heading down the Capcom path

Last edited:

As much as we don't need it, eventually many other people will need/want it, I personally am not signing or anything cuz I don't need it, but there seems to be enough of a UMK9 fanbase so you'll prolly get some signatures. 1000's pushin it this early in time.

No way. I can afford $5 bucks every couple months but not 50-60 bucks for maybe 4 more characters and 2 stages or vice versa. You could shell out that money for xboxlive gold or put it towards a cable connection or better.

We don't need UMK9 for two reasons
1.) every update could just come in as DLC
2.) We don't want NRS heading down the Capcom path
Surprising how Capcom has been doing that for years, yet with the release of SSF4 Arcade Edition, and UMVC3, they're starting to f*** it up.

Surprising how Capcom has been doing that for years, yet with the release of SSF4 Arcade Edition, and UMVC3, they're starting to f*** it up.

Exactly it's like saying i'm wasting $60 on Super Ultimate Extreme Street Fighter Vs Capcom VS Marvel 4 Arcade Edition just for 2 new stages and 2 new characters

Ppl are soooo stupid for NOT wanting a UMK9

1.If they add a s**tload of new content and kharacters in it and sell it for $40, you could trade in your MK9 and possibly with other games that u never play and basically get it for next to NOTHING

2.Ppl who dont have internet(God knows what rock they live under) dont have access to DLC kharacters so this is a big deal to them

3.You get so much more content for the money u pay. Right now we pay $5 a kharacter and if they add 10 kharacters, you already got your moneys worth and everything else they add would just be a bonus

4.HOPEFULLY they scrap gamefly and get a much better and more reliable netcode for better online play

5.Next year is their 20th anniversary, so u can guarantee something big from them

wheres the petition to boycott Capcom's re-releases? As they do nothing but currupt people's minds into thinking this crap is ok.

An UMK9 will only make sence if they add these things.

- 3 fatalities for everyone (and maybe brutalities)
- game modes (tournament for single and tag team with quarterfinals etc.), single fights, handicap and endurance mode.
- atleast 5 stage fatalities for the current arenas (bell tower, 2nd hell fatality, roof top etc.) and new stages,
- between 6 and 8 characters more (plus the current 4 DLC included) and
- playable bosses (only offline)
- more moves for the fighters

But they will never bring it, they will just throw characters at the people to keep them happy.

gamefly is an excellent system and it's still going strong today. i don't see what it has to do with the idea of UMK9

Lol.

I wonder if they could scrap gamespy. They probably had to stick with it for contractual reasons. Could be the same case for a "umk9" if they make one, which I hope they don't.

I dont see the point of a UMK9 when DLC is just as good an option. People are looking at characters for UMvC3 and think well if they get 12 characters so could MK.
Well i look at it like this, If MK went X amount of months without DLC, such as UMvC3 did for obvious reasons of natural disasters, coming out with a game packed full of content would make a lot of sense.

MK9 so far has only had 1 costume pack, and 1 set of DLC characters, this is not the greatest reason to want a UMK9.
-If you dont have internet, i would expect a MK9 Game of the Year edition, down the road.
-If you have internet and UMK9 comes out, the playing community will split up for those who dont want to spend money on the same game, this could cause a large split in the online crowd, causing you to see a lot less people playing.

A GoTY edition could include any or all content that NRS plans on releasing in DLC bundles. This would help out anyone without the internet, a GoTY edition will not split up the community what so ever. It allows NRS to still work on MK10 with good speed, so probably around 2 years.

I do understand UMK9 has a fanbase, but who knows, i can care less about new levels, i just want characters to play and have fun.

Good luck with petition signs, i will not be putting my name on there.

UMK9 is a good idea. Like I said in another thread, I don't want NRS to spend 2 years just to rehash the engine and call it a "sequel". If they're going to do that, I'd much rather that they use it to improve and build on the existing game.

I'd like to see UMK9 next year, and MK10 a few years down the road, with a more advanced engine, on next gen consoles.

Having said that, petitions like this never work. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.