UMK9 Discussion ~ ALL UMK9 Discussion Goes Here

Re: Here s a petition for UMK9

meh, people are never satisfied. Always wanting more shit. Am I the only one who actually thought mk9 was a good game?

I'm going to have to say No. What's wrong with releasing more DLC or making a GOTY edition for those who don't have internet?

No, thanks, I wont sign to pay for the same game again.

Probably I would buy it if it has enough new content, but I'd be pissed anyway.

An UMK9 will only make sence if they add these things.

- 3 fatalities for everyone (and maybe brutalities)
- game modes (tournament for single and tag team with quarterfinals etc.), single fights, handicap and endurance mode.
- atleast 5 stage fatalities for the current arenas (bell tower, 2nd hell fatality, roof top etc.) and new stages,
- between 6 and 8 characters more (plus the current 4 DLC included) and
- playable bosses (only offline)

But they will never bring it, they will just throw characters at the people to keep them happy.

ditto.jpg

Last edited:
meh, people are never satisfied. Always wanting more shit. Am I the only one who actually thought mk9 was a good game?

Apparently. :p

I don't think they can do too many major game changing things without making a new game, which is what they should do. Adding new modes, characters, stages, fatalities and costumes can be added through Dlc or a game of the year addition, which would be better than a umk9. They can patch fixes in, like they have, either with patches or compatability packs, which they should do. Not a fan of what is being proposed. Not signing.

No. We can just get the extra content as DLC lol.

Since when do petitions ever work, BTW?

Last edited:

If that was directed at me, then I think you misunderstood my point. MK9 is a great game, and I think people are asking too much of NRS if they ask for a sequel now.

Put it this way, Deception and Armageddon are poor examples of how to do sequels. Yes, they had new story and new gimmicks, but strip those away, and what you're left with is, more-or-less, Deadly Alliance parts 2 and 3.

NRS need proper time to develop a sequel, and while they do that, a small team can work on more characters and stages for the existing game. At some point, the fans will ask for more stuff, and a rehashed engine for a "sequel" isn't a proper answer.

MK9 is a great game, and I think people are asking too much of NRS if they ask for a sequel now.
I agree about the sequal part though, its too soon and its stupid how people are already talking about mk10. But UMK9 is also uneccesary IMO.

But I can see why some people want a re-release, as they didnt exactly do what they promised with mk9 DLC (fatalities, stages, costumes)

If they had put more than just characters for DLC, then you would see alot more people satisfied with this game and less discussion about UMK9. I'm satisfied even without these extra features (I'd like it though) but some people just arent I guess

I don't want UMK9.
Why would I want to buy my game again?
Oh, new features!
It's still the same game.
Just more downloadable content, for f*ck's sake.

Petition said:
Among stages we would like to have The Bank, Ermac's Portal, Noob Dorfen / the Balcony, Shao Kahn Tower.
Among the characters, we would like to have in more: Tanya, Frost, Havik, Daegon and Taven, Fujin, Reiko, Sareena, Kira, Shao Khan, Kintaro, Goro, Meat, Tremor.
Among "kostumes", we would wish in more: Cyber Smoke, Cyber Reptile, Liu Kang Mk1 and MK2, Rayden Mk1, MK2 mileena, Mk2 Shang Tsung, Alternative Scarlet, Alternate Rain, Alternate kenshi, Mk1 and Mk2 Sonya Blade and finally MK1 J. Cage.
We would also like to make brutalities and friendhsips+some fatalities accompanying certain Klassics Kostumes.
This petition is so dumb and obviously made by a casual player that doesn't even understand what's wrong with the game.

There's not one mention about improving the training mode, netcode, frame data and hitboxes which are the most important problems that need to be addressed.

Who cares about freaking costumes and stages man. That's not going to make MK9 better. It's just eye candy. They need to fix MK9's core problems more than anything else.

Last edited:

All I'm really wanting right now is DLC Alts
Skarlets ALT: Search it on google
Kenshi's ALT: A revamped version of his MK:D, MK:A Costume
Rain's ALT: MK:A primary or secondary revamped
Freddy Krueger's ALT: Robert Englund Look

TaBB3rnackle92 said:
I don't want UMK9.
Why would I want to buy my game again?
Oh, new features!
It's still the same game.
Just more downloadable content, for f*ck's sake.
Do you guys actually believe MK9 is fine the way it is now?

So you enjoy your 3D hitboxes that create collision glitches, the online lag, input delay, the negative edge that make you drop your moves and combos, the buggy training mode that doesn't help you improve, the lack of dummy recording, the lack of information (frame data) available to players and the lack of online features like having a replay channels? All that stuff doesn't matter to you at all? You just want more dumb guest characters, more fatalities and more alt costumes?

You guys are depressing.

So you enjoy your 3D hitboxes that create collision glitches, the online lag, input delay, the negative edge that make you drop your moves and combos, the buggy training mode that doesn't help you improve, the lack of dummy recording, the lack of information (frame data) available to players and the lack of online features like having a replay channels? All that stuff doesn't matter to you at all? You just want more dumb guest characters, more fatalities and more alt costumes?

You guys are depressing.
Agreed. They need replay channels asap. The hitboxes are pretty bad, the netcode is laughable, The training mode is HORRIBLE(No option to practice defense? Really?) Get that stuff fixed. All this talk about dlc is dumb. The only dlc worth anything to me personally is characters because the might add to the gameplay, but that isnt worth a 40$ UMK9

UMK9? That's a big NO for me. The only thing I want that MK9 doesn't have is Cyber Smoke. If they release UMK9 I'm gonna basically be paying 60$ for 1 character.

You guys are depressing.

like I said earlier some of that stuff might be only fixable with a new game, not an umk9. Either that with patches. I would rather the patch. Not into buying the same again again, or like a Dlc upgrade thing where its not 60 dollars.

This petition is so dumb and obviously made by a casual player that doesn't even understand what's wrong with the game.

There's not one mention about improving the training mode, netcode, frame data and hitboxes which are the most important problems that need to be addressed.

Who cares about freaking costumes and stages man. That's not going to make MK9 better. It's just eye candy. They need to fix MK9's core problems more than anything else.

thats what patches are for. Not a whole ****ing pointless re-release for a few minor problems.

and wanting more characters and costumes makes a person Casual and inferior? What is this shit you are spewing from your mouth?

thats what patches are for. Not a whole ****ing pointless re-release for a few minor problems.
Minor problems? Are you ignorant? (edited for a grammar nazi) Do you even know anything about game design and programming. Because I do.

Minor problem: A move deals too much damage. Simple patch/hotfix will correct that. It's just a matter of changing the value of some variables.

Major problem: netcode, training mode, hitboxes, replay channel. Those things would need to be reprogrammed from scratch. It's not something they can easily change by pressing a few magic buttons like you seem to think.

They would need to release a new version of the game as DLC or new disc like SSF4 AE. If you guys don't want to upgrade and buy UMK9 then just don't buy it and stick with this version. But UMK9 needs to happen for all the people that actually care about gameplay.

Last edited:

Minor problems? Are you dumb? Do you even know anything about game design and programming. Because I do.

Minor problem: A move deals too much damage. Simple patch/hotfix will correct that. It's just a matter of changing the value of some variables.

Major problem: netcode, training mode, hitboxes. Those things would need to be reprogrammed from scratch. And it's not something they can easily change by pressing a few magic buttons like you seem to think.

They would need to release a new version of the game as DLC or new disc like SSF4 AE. If you guys don't want to upgrade and buy UMK9 then just don't buy it and stick with this version. But UMK9 needs to happen.

whatever man, I'll be enjoying a great game known as MK9 while you cry in a corner nit-picking at every detail

LOL you think thats nitpicking? Those are HUGE flaws. Training is one of the most important modes in a fighting game, and hitboxes and negative edge are also huge components. Now whining because some stages or characters didnt get put in, THAT is nitpicking

Minor problems? Are you dumb? Do you even know anything about game design and programming. Because I do.

Major problem: netcode, training mode, hitboxes, replay channel. Those things would need to be reprogrammed from scratch. It's not something they can easily change by pressing a few magic buttons like you seem to think.

They would need to release a new version of the game as DLC or new disc like SSF4 AE. If you guys don't want to upgrade and buy UMK9 then just don't buy it and stick with this version. But UMK9 needs to happen for all the people that actually care about gameplay.

I don't see any problems with training mode at all. And having to deal with some disconnects is worth not paying an extra 60$.