Game of the Year Edition/Re-Release?

Do you think NRS would be generous enough to re-release MK9 with DLC?

• Total voters

Outworld Imp

I proudly own MK9 for the PS3. I enjoy it very much...very very much. However, unlike most gamers, I don't have the "devine" ability to acquire DLC. I live in the boons of Eastern Tennessee. High-speed internet is far and inbetween. In short...no DLC Kombatants for me.

It really sucks. As an MK fan, I must download Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain. As a fan of horror and crossovers, I must download Freddy. Unless I can find a Wi-Fi access point around here, that ain't happening. All in all, I'm hoping for Netherrealm to be as generous as the glorious Rockstar Games and re-release MK9 with all DLC on disc.

What do you think? Do you think it's possible or just highly wishful thinking as I do?

While I'm at it, I'm going to list what I'd like to see in a Game of the Year Edition/Re-Release.

-All four DLC Kombatants: Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, and Freddy Krueger
-All Klassic Kostumes, including ones for Kombatants without them (Ex. MK1/MK4 Liu Kang, MK4 Quan Chi, etc.)
-All Klassic Fatalities, including ones for Kombatants without them
-Alternate Kostumes for the DLC Kombatants
-Playable Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn
-Nekropolis Stats for DLC Kombatants and Playable Bosses

Think what you want, but that would be a grand package. =)

I'm in Southeastern Tennessee lol.
Where I'm at, internet isn't a problem.
But Idk if NRS will do a re-release, but it is probable.

Yes, yes, the whole set of klassic costumes and fatalities, you forgot arenas) Maybe, some new modes, something fresh like, we recently discussed, "choose your destiny" where you choose MK1, MK2, UMK3 or standard combined one:)
All my limbs up for this idea, but looks too good to be true:)

If they do, I'll sell my Mk and get that. Personally, I though they should release costumes by game (Ie. MK1 fighters without MK1 kostumes get kostume pack, same for MK2 and MK3.) I'm a bit skeptical on the MK4 costumes.

I proudly own MK9 for the PS3. I enjoy it very much...very very much. However, unlike most gamers, I don't have the "devine" ability to acquire DLC. I live in the boons of Eastern Tennessee. High-speed internet is far and inbetween. In short...no DLC Kombatants for me.

Hey I'm in the same boat I feel for you! I have friends that I visit in another state that's about the only time I can get DLC!

I always thought they could do DLC like you can do the PS3 firmware updates. You know you could buy the DLC from NRS website or Sony. Then save it to a thumb drive then install them on your PS3.

Would be nice!

From what I know, GOTY editions only add the DLC realesed, they don't add new exclusive content.

If they add exclusive content to it, is unfair for the fans that bought the game on day 1 (I got it 3 days before realese 5/16), because as much as I want more content and love MK, I wont pay a full price for the same game with some silly addons.

Now, a UMK9 that's another thing, it would piss me off, but I would buy it if it has enough new content, with some new stages, at least 5 new characters, 1vsCPU and online fix...

Last edited:
A UMK9 would be much better. There is so much that we need for MK9, four new game modes, atleast 3 fatalities for everyone, 5 stage fatalities for the current stages AND new arenas, no more 2 button smashing at the same time, it was a stupid idea from the beginning, between 4 and 8 new characters would make it perfect....and the whole fashion thing.

CYBER AMOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG i want this as dlc now **** same moveset as mk3 shitttttttttttt

A UMK9 would be much better. There is so much that we need for MK9, four new game modes, atleast 3 fatalities for everyone, 5 stage fatalities for the current stages AND new arenas, no more 2 button smashing at the same time, it was a stupid idea from the beginning, between 4 and 8 new characters would make it perfect....and the whole fashion thing.

more arenas and stage fatalities would be cool. Rather them save new characters for mk10. The two button thing isn't that hard to pull of. Have you ever played the old arcade games? They used that all the time for specials. Sub slide was b+lp+bl+hp. Kitana fans were f, f, hp+lp. Anyways, the two button thing is pretty cool and shouldn't be changed.

I'm unsure of what you mean by fashion thing.

This thing if they do it should be an add on that you download. No sense shelling out 60 bucks for it.

Hey guys, just look at this topic))) and the topic UMK9, and almost every topic here:))) MK won't be re-released by a simple reason: we all want different things. Absolutely different. Some of us say: "Playable bosses please", other ones yell "please, NO playable bosses!!!", someone wants "At least 5 new characters" and some "No, no, no characters pls, we have everyone we need!!!". Adding a feature they will attract some fans and turn off another ones. So, I guess, they will continue with DLC, so, everyone can decide for himself what to buy.
What they really MUST add are arenas and costumes (i never saw anyone was agaist them). Would also be very cool if they fix the BG disappear and turning to black while Fatalities. It was much better in klassic MKs where fatality BG just gets a bit darker but not black.