Debate Section

Would you like a debate section?

• Total voters
Blame Pat for being offline, lol.

;P

EDIT: Speak of the devil, Pat has made it live now so you guys can go ahead and debate away!

Last edited:
are we allowed to make threads?

the only reason why I wouldnt think the idea is good, is because some topics could be too simular to eachother, or one topic could be a sub topic in a much larger topic.

You guys can certainly make threads! I just made a few to get the section rolling but, yeah, you are all free to make some, not a problem at all. Just didn't want you guys to step into an empty section, lol.

Just had a quick look through the threads and, besides one person, everyone is doing awesome. VERY much appreciated, I am hoping it goes well altogether =)

Yeah, I think someone in the Abortion thread should get a ban from that forum. It's unfortunate that people can't be reasonable.

I am strongly thinking of skipping infractions and going straight to bans. It has been live for less than a day and people are already ruining it for everyone.

No titties, lol, just mean the people who start trouble. Jinko has already had to hand out infractions.

^ You silly boy, lol.

Forgive my hasty reaction earlier about skipping infractions and going to bans...I was a tad frustrated that people were already ruining something good...they obviously didn't read the rules, or just didn't care.

Gonna stick to one infraction and then a ban for a second offense and see how that plays out....but I would be so much happier if people could stay cool about things so none of the mods/admins have to hand any out =)

The debate section is going about wonderfully and I have gained a lot of insight about some matters and happy to have learned about a lot of things. Thanks alot Jade!!! This was a wonderful idea, you never fail to come up with epic stuff like this.

Also I think some people (especially new comers) see these topics in the 'hot topics' section and 'new posts' and reply without reading the rules. Perhaps linking the rules in the first posts could help? Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I just noticed the rules thread only had 49 views and a heck of a lot more than 49 people have been in there, lol.

I still think some people just read the title and respond without reading other posts so the rules linked to the first post may make no difference, plus, everyone would have to remember to link, and there is no way that would happen, lol.

Good suggestion, gets the ball rolling on ideas to get the rules across to people, so if anyone else has any ideas, we can share them and maybe come up with something!

U know when u start working at a bar the first thing they teach u about social skills is to NEVER discuss topics like religion,Gay marriage,and other controversial topics.Tempers WILL flare eventually.If thats how it works in the real world i don't see why u all would think online would be an exception.

U know when u start working at a bar the first thing they teach u about social skills is to NEVER discuss topics like religion,Gay marriage,and other controversial topics.Tempers WILL flare eventually.If thats how it works in the real world i don't see why u all would think online would be an exception.
Thats why we got different rules for that section. :)

I am strongly thinking of skipping infractions and going straight to bans. It has been live for less than a day and people are already ruining it for everyone.

That's because people aren't knowledgeable enough on the debates they're participating in...seriously the amount of blatant ignorance shown (particularly regarding religion) is ridiculous.

Last edited:
That's because people aren't knowledgeable enough on the debates they're participating in...seriously the amount of blatant ignorance shown (particularly regarding religion) is ridiculous.

Yeah, there are a couple of people who don't know how to be civil, and even some of the ones who try to be don't know how to participate in an informal debate. Pretty much what I expected, but it still sucks. :(

A debate section is bad as long as so called moderators have the power to delete posts they don't approve of (as 19 year old Jinko from Australia has done with my posts daring to go against creationism).

A debate section is bad as long as so called moderators have the power to delete posts they don't approve of (as 19 year old Jinko from Australia has done with my posts daring to go against creationism).

Funny how a 19yo behaves more maturely than you do, and I've spoken out more against Creationism in that thread and haven't even received a PM about my posts, let alone had one deleted. Try again. :rolleyes:

You realize most people in that thread have been against creationism and have provided evidence and/or valid points as to why they are. YOU on the other hand are MAKING FUN and NOT ADDING ANYTHING to the conversation, which are against that forum's rules(probably should read those)