Super Street Fighter IV

Shira I challenge you in Mortal!
I meant, uh, I meant let's fight online

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have decided to do something, I have decided to play all of the cast of Street Fighter.
*Poses for effect*

I'm going to take a week for each character and learn them to the best of my abilities.
The schedule will go as followed:

First day - Trials and general practice
Second Day - Arcade mode and watching replays
Third Day - Endless Mode matches
Fourth Day thru Fifth or Seventh Day - Online Matches.

So far I'm on Ryu right now who is the basic of basic to play as

Decapre's design's is too similar to Cammy for my liking, though I'm pretty sure she will be a different beast in terms of gameplay. I do agree that the game could use more charge characters as they are far few in between.

Last edited:
I don't know why but I really like her design. Its probably my personal liking for masks but I do like her design.

I think I'll play be some Decapre

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well it's been three weeks since I've started my journey.
In Chronological this is who I have played so far:

Ryu, Ken and E. Honda.

Ryu was basic but not easy. Online I just couldn't get a hold of him but my offline experience was great considering that I was able to pull off my lnks 60-70% of the time. If you want to better your links start with Ryu. I would say that I have a pocket Ryu for about three to five matches. Ryu has helped me to finally pull off an FADC into Ultra with most of the cast and has helped me with my links.

Ken was too damn easy with a lot of tools and yet that's what I enjoyed about him. His links were not all that hard and his combo potential was very high. Online I was able to get to C rank and my offline experience was just as good. I would have to truthfully say that I have a pocket Ken that's decent which is ironic because I never liked fighting the character at all. Ken has helped me with my combos and gave me a taste of a good tier.

E.Honda is not my cup of tea. I really had to force myself to play yet another character that I hated fighting. Though during my week with him I couldn't help but to like him just a little bit than I did earlier in my SF career. He can stand his ground and has damn good normals but his specials are just ugh. The range on his command throw is rather short and his super can be interrupted which is annoying. My ability to use Hundred Hand Slap was pretty useless considering that I wasn't able to piano the motions at all but I never knew when to use the special move. Regardless of my minor complaints E. Honda can stand his ground. I was able to get to a C rank with him online but I definitely see why he's bottom five. I'm not all too sure what Honda helped me on in my journey but if I remember it I'll tell you guys about it.

Moving on to my fourth week and I'm playing Ibuki. Here comes the vortex :twisted:

So I got USFIV today (thanks to that wonderful guy [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] :love:)

I like the red focus and think it'll help in some situations for most of my characters except Balrog.
They changed his light overhead smash so that on hit I can't do anything to combo it afterwards.

No big deal, just use Heavy overhead punch. More damage that way plus it looks like he didn't change all that much to me.

Looking forward to mostly using Juri, Bison, Cody and Makoto even though she got nerfed.

Gonna try to play Decapre but I gotta play her like Balrog since she has like no cross up (besides her special move).
Also have to learn how to properly use the motion for hands if I want to make her effective.

So I got USFIV today (thanks to that wonderful guy @BBBLP :love:)

I like the red focus and think it'll help in some situations for most of my characters except Balrog.
They changed his light overhead smash so that on hit I can't do anything to combo it afterwards.

No big deal, just use Heavy overhead punch. More damage that way plus it looks like he didn't change all that much to me.

Looking forward to mostly using Juri, Bison, Cody and Makoto even though she got nerfed.

Gonna try to play Decapre but I gotta play her like Balrog since she has like no cross up (besides her special move).
Also have to learn how to properly use the motion for hands if I want to make her effective.

Lies, Her Jumping LK crosses up after a back throw like Cammy's.

Right, I forgot to put that tidbit in there.

I just woke up some I'm going to try and play some more. Gonna try Poison too

Thank ye :love:

I'll try the other new characters too but later down the line. I think Poison could be the strongest out of the newer cast