Super Street Fighter IV

@Shira

If you're mad about getting anti aired then don't jump its nobody's fault but your own if you get hit by it and if you know he can do it why let him? Ease isn't important because YOU were the one who allowed him to do it with ease. As for your FADC issues, buffer the ultra during the dash.

So I finally went online and played a few people. Did decent, I'm having way more fun w/ Cody then Ryu; I friggin love Ruffian kick lol. Only bad thing is I play reckless with Cody while I play cautious with Ryu. Plus I'm having probs doing combos online, but I guess that'll work itself out.

Alright time to drop that knowledge.

Well, adaption and learning your opponents patterns is key.

You did avoid the focus attacks after two matches so good job there.

Do not be afraid to play aggressive.
Your Ryu is patient but you gotta learn that offense with him.

Try to remember all of your specials
You hardly threw out any hurricane kicks with Ryu

Also are you going to main Rose? That would be brave as hell

Alright time to drop that knowledge.

Well, adaption and learning your opponents patterns is key.

You did avoid the focus attacks after two matches so good job there.

I don't know why I just stood there and let you rip off so many lvl 3 focus attacks at first lol.

Do not be afraid to play aggressive.
Your Ryu is patient but you gotta learn that offense with him.

I never really played with shotos a lot, so I'm still getting a bit used to him. Whats the best way to get in with him?

Try to remember all of your specials
You hardly threw out any hurricane kicks with Ryu

And I think they break focus attacks too. Darnit, I forgot all about using them.

Also are you going to main Rose? That would be brave as hell

I'll be totally honest, that was a 10-15 minute Rose; half the stuff I even knew was from watching Excellent Adventures, n I still didn't do it lol. Why, is she considered bad?

I know this was purty much my first day actually practicing and playing AE, but man, that was too free :laugh:

Last edited:
Rose isn't bad... Not sure about the tiers but she feels upper mid to me. She's got the right tools.

Lol I know Rose isn't bad, it was just a lil jokey joke cause i think her design is weak.

anyway back to mkray:

The best way to make yourself in with Ryu, I have no idea :laugh: Sorry bro but you gotta take that advice to another Ryu player.

Also remember what moves have special properties. Example, hurricane kicks break focus attacks.

finally try to cross up your opponent once in a while. My Cody style seems kinda noobish just jumping over, punching twice then grabbing but it works cause they expect the attack. For you, say you get a throw or sweep to hard knock down your opponent, instead of jumping, use the mk. hurricane kick to cross their bodies and continue your assault. Use of mindgames and cross ups is another thing you must have in this game.

Don't believe me? Play El Fuerte :afraid:

I just got AE back, so now I have to rewatch all of Vesper's tutorials again... All.. 37.. Episodes :|

Getting in with Ryu? You don't have to, you just play footsies with them. You can force them to make mistakes and hitconfirm into combos and stuff. But, footsies aren't easy, thats why learning Ryu isn't as easy as it seems.

Getting in with Ryu? You don't have to, you just play footsies with them. You can force them to make mistakes and hitconfirm into combos and stuff. But, footsies aren't easy, thats why learning Ryu isn't as easy as it seems.

Ryu is last to master, I'm just going to stick with Cammy. Surprisingly I can hit her 1 frame links consistently. Close Strong, Crouching Forward into Heavy Spiral Arrow.

Ryu is last to master, I'm just going to stick with Cammy. Surprisingly I can hit her 1 frame links consistently. Close Strong, Crouching Forward into Heavy Spiral Arrow.

I'm not sure if that's still a 1 frame link. Definitely doesn't feel like one. And don't get ahead of yourself focus on one character.

Real men Link 8)

and it's not?!!! I felt so badass hitting that combo consistently and I'm going to stay with Cammy, I love her rush down :p

damn I wish you had ps3 copy of this game

Same here, I wanna play with you guyz so bad.

I need help with the Tiger knee motion for Cammy's Dive kick, I can hit them below the neck so it's comboable but the spacing is what screws me over.