Predict some of these loose ends in MKAK

NeonCthulhucult

Hey Friends
So, what about leaderboards? I have a hunch all three games might use a combined leaderboard. (or which game will be the master leaderboard) Another question i ask myself which is going to be the most played game in MKAK? My hands down favorite is MK2 but i know UMK3 is def going to be the most popular. I think it may be a landslide too, with possibly after a couple of months players ONLY playing umk3. Its great to have 1 finally with online multi, ever think MK4 will see the light of online multi? (mk4 to me is easily the mk game that did not age well too graphically, def needing a hd makeover)

I think your right, umk3 will prolly be the most played after a few months. But then I don't think anyone will play any of them after that.

Also, that generation if 3d games did not age well at all graphically.

hey you know what i was researching after following a few of the midway/nrs guys on twitter (mk twitter, noobde and rigo cortes) is that they possibly will announce MKAK drop date/video at Chicago comic con going on this weekend (didnt know chicago had one too)

That UMK3 Arcade version is bull-shit, it doesnt have Rain, Noob, Raiden and Johnny Cage.

idk in that comic con event you scrolled menus for each game and had the same categories ie single player multiplayer i think i saw leaderboards but will find out in forever

That UMK3 Arcade version is bull-shit, it doesnt have Rain, Noob, Raiden and Johnny Cage.

It's bull-shit that the Arcade version doesn't have characters.....that weren't in the arcade version?

NotSureIfSerious_Oops_He_Tripped_And_Fell-s469x304-179758-535.jpg

It's bull-shit that the Arcade version doesn't have characters.....that weren't in the arcade version?

He is serious. I've already tried having this argument with him. He thinks the home ports are the definitive version of UMK3. I blame it on his age.

EDIT: Wait... he mentioned Raiden and Johnny Cage too? They weren't even in the home ports... the only thing resembling UMK3 that they were in was MKT... now he's really gone crazy

He is serious. I've already tried having this argument with him. He thinks the home ports are the definitive version of UMK3. I blame it on his age.

EDIT: Wait... he mentioned Raiden and Johnny Cage too? They weren't even in the home ports... the only thing resembling UMK3 that they were in was MKT... now he's really gone crazy

My bad with Raiden and Cage, still they should include the missing characters in the arcade version, i dont care if they didnt appear on it, they were in the console version.

No, I meant is bull-shit that they are porting the arcade version when the console version has more characters.

My bad with Raiden and Cage, still they should include the missing characters in the arcade version, i dont care if they didnt appear on it, they were in the console version.

No, I meant is bull-shit that they are porting the arcade version when the console version has more characters.

It's the Arcade Kollection you doofus.Why would they add stuff from console versions to it?

If daniel pesina didn't do that crappy bloodstorm ad then he would of most likely been in umk3, same goes for carlos pesina, if he didn't secretly aid data east on their title tattoo assassins then he would of been in it.

with mk9 there has been enough time paradoxalities(cyber sub zero, human smoke, 80% of the cast dying)
it will be nice to have a mk1-umk3 based game with no opie doping, or flabergasting and excuse me for the foul language

EDIT: no online play should be mostly smove given it's such simple games, but Im scared the matchmaking wont be, maybe not alot of people will be playing this game that are not mk fans

Last edited:

You can either have the original arcade version without the extra broken characters or you can have the comparatively crappy 16-bit versions of the game with the extra broken characters, you can't have both. Since these are more than likely emulated versions of the games instead of ports, we're getting the actual arcade ROMs, so what you're asking for is not as easy as dragging and dropping the characters into the game. Even if they did, that would make this a completely different project and defeat the purpose of an arcade-true collection.

anyone notice daniel pesina missing on the side art of the mk cabinet in mkak? lol. to fox17, the console versions were terrible. they were missing the physics and the quickness and missing this and that (enough to piss off this fanboy) Im old, so i can tell u the MK1 genesis was a good port. it had most of the gameplay lacking audio and the true arcade endings. I dont have to tell u about the snes version. the next year i stayed with the gen version and it was missing the endings when the snes had em. (damn sculptured software) the next year i bought mk3 for snes and i think it was missing the arcade endings too (but cant be exact about that) and mk trilogy on n64 was TERRIBLE. so i dont know why u want the console versions instead, ps1 u couldnt play shang tsung w o load times, and mk trilogy on the same system seemed the gameplay was off. etc etc on and on. i do understand wanting unlockables (game art and the likes)they r dropping the ball there

Last edited:

Arcade MK > ALL console ports of said MK

Arcade MK > ALL console ports of said MK

I know the quality of the picture is better, but what's so great about the arcade version that is considered better than console ones? Im asking cause I've never been in an arcade.