My Idea: Klassic Tournament Mode

ShadowArtiste

I'm an old school MK fan. I've been playing since the very beginning when we went without lunch to spend our lunch money after school at the arcade, pumping dollar after dollar into the machines compiling long lists of hand written fatalities in dished up paper and even selling them. Naturally I was really pleased with this latest Mortal Kombat and I slurged on the Tournament Edition (I risked importing it to Australia where it's illegal). The recreation of all my favorite environments and characters is a true fan service.

The story mode is great cause it retells the original trilogy but I have an idea.

Klassic Tournament Mode

Basically you play through the original games with MK9. From the main menu screen you select either MK 1, 2 or 3 and it would recreate the game you choose. If you chose MK1 you could only pick from the 7 original characters and you'd only fight on the MK1 stages. All characters would be dressed in their MK1 outfits if available. You'd face all 7 oppoments followed by 3 endurance matches (1v2 tag battles) followed by the Mirror Match). Naturally you'd then fight elderly Shang Tsung and Goro on the Goro's lair stage.

For MK 2 it'd be the same affair, limited to picking from and opposing the MK2 characters in MK2 costumes in MK2 stages and you'd fight young Shang Tsung and then Kintaro at Shao Kahn's Arena before you fight Shao Kahn himself.

Same formula for MK3.

If you think about it this mode is entirely plausible cause it requires no extra content cause all of the characters and stages are already available. It would just be a matter of limiting existing characters and stages.

Even better would be a Kustom Tournament Editor in which you create your own arcade ladder and choose your opponents and stages and the order in which they run.

That's just my little idea. It'd make this old gamer really happy.

that would be pretty damn kool. but only if NRS had a little extra time because they need to fix the game before they add on to it

I like this idea.Very good OP,and lets hope that with the new skin pack they ll give us(99,9%)its in.Lets not forget also about endurance mode.These two would be great to complete a very meaty single player experience

This is a cool idea: I did wish they had some mini games consisting of the klassic kind of gameplay and look, it would have been a nice easter egg for the older MK fans. They should seriously consider you idea for the sequel!