Your biggest F ups in video gaming

Lmao!
I did the same thing with the whole Liu Kang thing.

But I think I only went through Konquest once without knowing about the run button.

Another one is how when I did the Kochal challenge, I did Konquest mode all over 2 more times because I thought you were supposed to unlock a three headed demon god, not 700 Onyx koins :?

finally beats shaolin monks and does the input fatality wrong , shao kahn comes back to life and kicks my ass...i8 never got that far again:(

Pick any platform game, current or from 20 years ago. Picture it, you've fought through massive armies, beaten tough bosses but then you come to the jumpy bits! Try as I might in any of these sodding games I can't do the jumping puzzles to save my life. You know the ones where if you fall you have to start over? Every damn time.

finally beats shaolin monks and does the input fatality wrong , shao kahn comes back to life and kicks my ass...I never got that far again:(

God f*cking damnit I did the same thing!!
It took me like 60 tries after that and I finally pulled it off.

My bigger f ups are in Rpgs, which can drive me up a wall, because I don't just do a straight playthough then start over, noooooo, I get obsessed with trying different characters, doing different things, ect, so I get close to the end of the first playthrough and I think, "I wonder what would happen if I do this or that, and end up rushing through to save and saving over my first run. The latest one was probably Fallout 3, I just had to see what it was like to be evil... Dumb son-of-a-*****... This happens more than I'm proud of...

This wasn't really inside the video game itself, but when Tekken 6 was coming out, I was wanting to get it the day it came out. When I went to the stores to find out about any midnight releases, they said they didn't have any for Tekken 6. Later that day, I found out I had the month wrong, and I had wait another excruciating month for the game to come out. Worth it.

Not sure if this counts as fail

I played Ocarina of time, and was expecting to beat the game/fight ganondorf once I got the 3 stones. Then realized... I wasn't even 1/3rd of the way done.

Fail moments in competitive history:

Once in a tournament match, I suicided all 4 of my lives and lost a match w/o taking any damage. (SSBM)

Once in a SSBM tourney match, My opponent was clearly dead but I tried to pull some flashy kill move, and ended up saving him and killing myself instead.

Once in Starcraft, I put all my workers on the refinery and didn't realize it for like a whole minute and a half.

Turning off my PS3 when Fallout 3 was still on.
Corrupted save, had to start over.
I'm always reminded by it when I look at the memory on my fat 40 Gig Ps3.
I can't erase it either, I am haunted by that fail :(

I died at least 20 times to Jack Krauser on Re4's professional mode.

I was shotgunning him the whole time when I realized that knifing works way better.

When I tried my knife strategy I beat him on the first time after all my rage-inducing deaths :/

Basically every time I beat a game and forgot to save it was my fail moments. I would be so pissed that I wouldnt return to the game for a good month or 2

playing motorstorm pacific rift trying to get the ranked streak trophy where i had to win three ranked races in a row to get the badass monarch mk-1 rally car but on when i won 2 races and was on the last race in 1st place i tried to ram a car while i was on the last lap right where the finish line was i rammed the car and actually saved his life and got him 1st while i ran into a tree and wrecked and got 9th

Falling off a colossus right after you went through the whole puzzle bit and climbed up it's entire body, just to run out of stamina and fall to your death right before you get to it's magical glowing weak spot.

Hm... I could have sworn I posted this already... maybe there's a similar thread out there somewhere.

When I first played FF6, I couldn't get past Zozo because I couldn't figure out how to jump between buildings. How it never occurred to me that there was a place where I could back up a space to climb through the window, I have no idea. I laugh about it now.

Falling off a colossus right after you went through the whole puzzle bit and climbed up it's entire body, just to run out of stamina and fall to your death right before you get to it's magical glowing weak spot.

LOL I love that game!

Yeah falling off a Colossus was always a WTF moment, especially when you reached its weak spot.