Your biggest F ups in video gaming

Shirayuki Mizore

Have that one thing that you did in a video game that you'll never forget? That one thing that made you rage? Miserable? Cry? Lol share your epic fail moment here!

My epic fail: Dead Rising 1 Zombie Genocider Z achievement where you had to kill around 54,000 zombies

I didn't really want the achievement, I wanted the prize, the real Megaman Blaster. I started up a new story mode and rushed to the maintenance tunnels. I followed the procedure of switching from car to car in there, racking up more and more kills. After 5-6 hours I got the achievement! I jumped with joy, saved my game and exited. Then I started a new one (BAD IDEA). I was not aware that you had to completely finish the game after getting all the kills. So I had to spend another 5-6 hours of the same crap. Get in sports car, run over zombies, drive to sedan and get it, run over zombies, drive to delivery van and get it, run over zombies and drive back to the outside. Repeat process over and over until I got the zombie kills. 10-12 hours of the same crap over and over again. Well, that was my epic fail. How about yours?

i beat like more than 20 missions in gta sa in a row, but i later realise that i forgot to save... :s lol

Trying to beat mortal kombat on expert to get the trophy. Making it to shang tsung and losing. No joke he is harder than 9.

Spent about 4 hours straight playing Just Cause 2.
Conquered dozens of settlements, maxed out 5 weapons and vehicles.

And forgot to save.
What made it worse is when I turned it back on, I went to load saved game instead of load auto save.
The latter would have put me right where I was when I turned it off :(

Went through Shaolin Monks 3 times before knowing about the block button.
The game was soooo much easier when I found out.

I beat Sonic Heroes and got all the Chaos Emeralds.
But had no idea where to go to start the final mission.
I beat the game with every team again, and nothing.
Finally I got pissed and dropped the controller on the ground.
The screen moved over and it showed the final mission was next to Team Dark the entire time -_-

Oh god. I've had so many.
My biggest one was probably anything Ratchet and Clank related with getting skill points.
My most recent was online in MK and I hit "random select" instead of hidden cursor...
And It picked Sheeva.
This was me
335bm6c.png

I was facing this shit talker online.

He picked his character and on my way to the Red Messiah, I accidentally went too low and got Stryker.

The ass hole beat me, sent me "U suck" messages and refused to rematch.

He picked his character and on my way to the Red Messiah, I accidentally went too low and got Stryker.

If I was there I'd be like "Lemme grab that controller" and I'd rip him with Stryker for you :_cool:

Ouch that would kill me inside for awhile lol

Lmfao "the red messiah" hahaha.
And he was just scared because he knew he was in for a world of hurt on the next round.

Another big F*ck up I had was when I played Earthworm Jim 3D.
I kept playing the same level over and over. Seriously, It was like 2 days straight.
Then I found out all I had to do was just take find a golden gun or some shit.
I was pissed off and angry and stuff.
I spent some time in the angry dome.

mine would have to be buying AVP on the PC compared to the Xbox and 360, because I knew PC gaming was popular and it saved me 10 bucks. Not only did it take 3 days to download, the lag was so bad, that on the intro to the alien's where you control the camera (Usually take a minute or two on console) took about a solid hour for him to walk over to me and start talking. Luckily, I think I might be able to fix that.

In the PSOne times, I was playing Toy Story 2, and lost all my lives, then the "Game over" screen asked me if I wanted to load (to continue playing) or to save, and I accidentally saved, so I saved that I lost, and I had to start the game again, and games were hard to play at that age. I was so mad.

So I was playing Final Fantasy 3 (the DS version) I was doing huge amounts of grinding outside of the entry to the final dungeon. By the time I finished I had 40ish outs of gameplay in on that file. Then, for some reason I felt like playing the beginning again. I played that for a few hours and decided to save that on a separate slot. Unfortunately, Final Fantasy 3 by default hovers the selector for choosing where to save over you most recent save, and there's no warning when you overwrite. So with the press of a button, I screwed over my entire playthrough. 40 hours completely gone. When I went to go back to my old file and finish the game I was brought to that second game. That's the one time when I felt like I actually needed to throw the machine. And now I've never played that game ever again. It's the one DS game I have that hasn't been beaten.

I was playing EQ on the PS2 and was in the middle of a raid. My dog needed to go outside really badly. She barked at me, whined and scratched at the door and I continued to ignore her.

20 minutes go buy and she walks over and dropped her load on my PS2 that was sitting on the floor. I pick it up and put it on a desk and go get a rag and a bucket to clean it off, when I get back I trip over the cord and the PS2 crashes and breaks. True story! lol

I was so mad when it happened but its funny as hell thinking back on that.

As for an in-game F up I think my worst was my bro and I playing Snatcher for Sega CD, we were at the part towards the end where you have to put all the clues you gathered throughout the game to figure out the name of a hospital you need to go to. We spent like 2 hrs there guessing inputs for the hospital name and my sis walks in the room and guessed it in literally 1-2sec. The answer was "Queen's Hospital" and there was a black queen chess piece as one of the clues... I felt like a total retard at the time.

Went through Shaolin Monks 3 times before knowing about the block button.
The game was soooo much easier when I found out.

Lol bro, the masked guards would have been really difficult without the block.

My biggest F-up was in MK Deception where you had to get Liu Kang(or his alt?) at Edenia at particular cordinates, month, and time. I meditated 4 months to the point but doozed off and went ahead. I exited to try again but with the save and quit option :(. Had to meditate One full year again to get it lol.

I also played through the konquest mode twice without knowing about the run button.