Rumors of MK10 coming out 2012 possibly leaked from MLG!!!!

http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1617-Rumor-Has-it...-Tonight...#new_comment

Tim Static posted a topic about there being a stream featuring vVv and MLg talking on stream at www.twitch.tv/livevvvgaming 10:30EST Tonight about the future of "Major League Gaming and Mortal Kombat...on a big scale.

Then Napalm78 from vVv says in the second comment:

"Nothing rumor about what is going down on the live stream tonight, it's the CEOs of both MLG and vVv talking about MK. . . 10, yes 10, being full time on MLGs circuit for 2012. Tune in to hear it for yourselves.

Other big fighting game news as well will surface. "

Whhhhhhhaaaaat????

Let the speculation for tonight begin!
Does this mean that MK10 will for sure be in the lineup for EVO2012 now?
Will this actually be an "ultimate" version of Mortal Kombat9?
Is this all focus pocus and complete bull crap?
Will Mortal Kombat crank out a new sequel every year like Street Fighter and Call of Duty?

I personally wouldn't mind if it was an updated MK9 with more solid frame data, actual trading of hits possible, and better hitboxes. Just that and a splash of new flare would do it for me. But if it's a completely new MK10 with the same engine AND more solid frame data, trading hits, and better hitboxes I'd go completely insane with hype.

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!
I swear I just busted all over my keyboard guys

UPDATE:

Napalm78 says:

"M not going to speculate any further, the CEO (Sundance) has exciting news about MK, news that will make every Marvel fanboy who said MK was dead after EVO put their own nasty feet in their mouths and eat it. "

Last edited:
If it's a true sequel, I feel that next year is waaaay too soon for it. On the other hand, if it's an updated version that comes out next year, say around March or so, I think I would be okay with that.

If its an updated version of this...then that's kinda okay.

A sequel all on its own is not cool though.

Well Street Fighter and Call of Duty's wildly popular fanbase staying strong on the games is largely due to them cranking out new games every year. I wouldn't be surprised if Mortal Kombat follows in their footsteps. Remember... Warner Brother's is on their side. They want this game to catch on like the aids virus in the 90s

I don't want there to be yearly releases, I just want a UMK that is done right.

Fixed hitboxes.
Better netcode/revamped online including 4 player 2v2 tag and extra online modes.
Glitches fixed/further balancing.

I'm sold if the package includes these changes.

Oh and remove Kung Lao from the game, kkthx.

Wow son.

This could actually be good.
They don't need very long to make a new game, so long as they don't abandon their engine.

But I fear story mode will suffer from a lack of thought.
They very well may just wing the story and make their money from competitive crowds :afraid:

I'm excited/devastated right now.

Wow son.

They don't need very long to make a new game, so long as they don't abandon their engine.

They very well may just wing the story and make their money from competitive crowds :afraid:

Hmmm, I'll be watching this thread to see any updates. If it's a new game, I'll be very interested. If it's just an UMK9, I don't know how I'll feel about it. Also, if the supposed "new game" is to have a story mode, They should use flying Jinko's story. Don't know if they can do it, but it's a very interesting story to say the least.

There are obviously going to be mixed reactions to a UMK9/MK10.

Competitive and online players would welcome a UMK9 because they're aware of the problems that exist in balance and the issues with online play, some of which cannot be solved with DLC/patches.

Those that play single player mostly aren't looking forward to a UMK9 unless it includes a new story mode, and even then, most of them would rather NRS take their time with the story.

If these rumors are true, hopefully they can find a middle ground to satisfy everyone rather than disappoint.

Wow son.

I am also excited/devastated.
Mainly excited.
I'm a fool for all things MK.
I'll buy whatever they throw at me.
NRS, come at me bro!!

Whats the point of this, just patch the current games, a few characters or costumes and game modes is not enough for me to shell out 60 bucks , again. I hope mk doesnt get greedy like capcom, putting out an updated game every six months. This is not the super nintendo era with no internet where a new game was required as an update. Just patch the damn game NRS, a new cd is a cheap way to anal rape your fans.

I am also excited/devastated.
Mainly excited.
I'm a fool for all things MK.
I'll buy whatever they throw at me.
NRS, come at me bro!!

I'll buy anything NRS throws at me too, doesn't mean I'll like it :?

I need a strong story in order for me to fully enjoy MK.

PLEASE+MOM+GOSH_7c6d58_2466196.jpg

I'll buy anything NRS throws at me too, doesn't mean I'll like it :?

I need a strong story in order for me to fully enjoy MK.

PLEASE+MOM+GOSH_7c6d58_2466196.jpg

If it is a MK4 DETAILED story with elements of Post UMK3/Trilogy and Pre Deception then I will shit and jizz at the same time.
I would pre order faster than Kabal's dick hole.

Whats the point of this, just patch the current games, a few characters or costumes and game modes is not enough for me to shell out 60 bucks , again. I hope mk doesnt get greedy like capcom, putting out an updated game every six months. This is not the super nintendo era with no internet where a new game was required as an update. Just patch the damn game NRS, a new cd is a cheap way to anal rape your fans.

The thing is, most of the things "wrong" with the game can't be fixed with patches. They'd need to seriously make a new game to fix it.
Like the frame data being random sometimes, the hitboxes, the ridiculousness that there are no trading of hits, the button config nonsense. These are all things that CANT just be just patched.

"UMK9" or w/e they'll call it wouldn't cost 60$ id think either. All the relaunches of Street Fighters have always been cheaper, and I don't see why this wouldn't be cheaper either.

I only see this being true if its gonna be UMK9 cause I know before it took at least 2 years to pump out game after game even with the same engine. With MK9 it took them 2 and a half years after the dc game cause wb wanted them to make a quality title. Even each CoD game is in developement for two years cause there's 2 different companies working on each series. I just highly doubt they're gonna make a true sequel by next year.