England Riots

im watchin sky news and the police came out with a statement sayin mark duggan DID NOT open fire on the police he had a converted bb gun wtf

I heard reports that it was all organized via twitter and blackberry messaging. Crazy how much social media has blown up these last 5 years.

I'm hoping that I don't have to speed around to my family and do what is necessary to protect them. We are not yet affected but it's getting closer to me and my family.

I'm sick of my country. These people are our future. What chance do we have?

I'm hoping that I don't have to speed around to my family and do what is necessary to protect them. We are not yet affected but it's getting closer to me and my family.

I'm sick of my country. These people are our future. What chance do we have?

I've wanted out of this shithole country for awhile now.

I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but do we know a reason for the riots yet? I read that they were trying to blame GTA for it (per usual a video game is supposedly to blame).

you know i think america is sometimes only a step away from something like this to start happening.

well that rodney king shit was somewhat comparable in the early 90's. But this looks alot worse though

i can't help but think that this is going to happen in our country any day now and if it does it's going to be alot larger and worse than the situation in England.

i can't help but think that this is going to happen in our country any day now and if it does it's going to be alot larger and worse than the situation in England.

nah, US police use guns and attacks dogs. While the uk police simply run around with sticks. I think you can sleep well tonight.

But............................................................

what if our own police force are the ones who riot due to the chaos in our country. And they go on mass killing sprees. Oh shit. This could be bad.......

Give it ten to twenty years. The U.S. is due for another civil war real soon. Every new nation goes through it. It's a cycle. The time for change is coming. We live in a world of ever-shifting ideals and beliefs, things are destined to change. We're just waiting for our turn at this point. Anyone who doesn't see this happening soon has their eyes shut. Hard. It's only a matter of time guys. Sh*t's gonna get cranked tp over 9000 real fast.

This is the first time I've learned about any details of the riots, be them fictional or not. I swear American media only reports the violence, but not the cause

It's because America thrives on violence and warfare. The U.S. has had more consecutive war in the past 150 years than any other nation of this day in age. After WWII, they began losing all of them past that. But of course, every nation has its Vietnam. My country invaded Afghanistan and had the same result as the U.S. in Vietnam; failure. At the time, we had the best military in the world; after that, we plummetted. Hard. We're not what we used be, but we're getting there as far as the military goes.

As England...
The youth is just as generated and hopeless in the U.K. as it is here. It's going to be more than just riots if given time. It'll either become a massacre that goes down in history OR a revolution that completely changes the way of life for those in the U.K. I'm leaning more towards the former...
These events are saddening. The world's on fire, man. I think about this everyday.

Well what I think is there are misguided and aggreviated people not only in this country but all throughout the world who wishes opputunities like this would happen so that they can do what they like under the facade of a 'protest' or a 'riot' and get away with it. Initially it sparks off with a small group but when the others like them find that they are effective, they contribute to the cause and it spreads like a chain reaction.

The lives of general law abiding civilians also gets affected a lot and they too become aggreviated and start their own riots which in turn only make matters worse.

"Releasing the initial findings of ballistics tests, the police watchdog said a CO19 firearms officer fired two bullets, and that a bullet that lodged in a police radio was "consistent with being fired from a police gun".

Read the guardian here!!! : http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

What have you got to say about it now....

"Releasing the initial findings of ballistics tests, the police watchdog said a CO19 firearms officer fired two bullets, and that a bullet that lodged in a police radio was "consistent with being fired from a police gun".

Read the guardian here!!! : http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

What have you got to say about it now....
That changes nothing much really. The desired effect has already been achieved and people are taking advantage of it. I just read that now they are targeting south asians and have already claimed 3 lives.