Would u buy UMK9 if they had all of these in it??

Would u buy UMK9 if they included all of these?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

creed200569

Dont forget it would probably be $40 and you could trade in MK9 at a time when gamestop has their specials and end up getting it for under $20

1.6-10 more kharacters other than DLC
2.Bunch more skins
3.Brutalities since they already started them and didnt have time to finish
4.Vs CPU and Survivor/Endurance modes were also started but didnt have time to finish
5.300 more challenges since their original goal was 600-1000
6.Expand the fatality trainer to ALL finishing moves,even babalities
7.Online replays
8.A decent selection of klassic fatalities
9.Made bosses playable offline only to keep online balanced
10.Let us morph with more than one kharacter with Shang Tsung offline only to keep online balanced
11.3-5 new stages and add stage fatalities to the Bell Tower and Goro's Lair
12.Better netcode

If they were to release UMK9 with all of these things sometime next year, that would be well worth it and would benefit us and NRS much more than just releasing DLC. While this may seem like alot, its really not if u think about it.

1.Kharacters take the most time to do but like I said if they release it next year, that gives them plenty of time

2.Making skins are easy and dont take too much time

3.Since we dont know how far along they are with Brutalities, we dont know how long it would take to finish them, but again with a yrs time, thats enough time to finish them

4.Survivor modes were already started and really dont take too much time to do and neither will Vs CPU

5.Going by the challenges we had in MK9, I can see the next 300 being similar. Not that hard to do, but would take just a little bit of time

6.Very very easy to do

7.Another easy feature to add since they already have it for offline

8.Technology today makes everything easier. Throw in at least 10 great klassic fatalities would be ok

9.Another very easy thing to do, since we already have Goro playable in the tower with full movesets and Shao Kahn and Kintaro probably already have their movesets done, but NRS decided to make them unplayable

10.Another easy thing to do since the CPU already does it.

11.These do take time cuz they are being re imagined with incredible detail but again in a yrs time gives them plenty of time

12.This is a biggie for having UMK9 cuz now all the comp packs would automatically be included in the game without having to worry about ppl not downloading them and throughout the year they can continue to work on making online stronger

So if they were to release this around the start of next summer or before if they are to finish it before then it would be much more beneficial to us and NRS especially for the online cuz the comp packs will already be included. So for those who say they dont want to pay for the same game all over again, YOU"RE NOT. You're paying for all the extras that they put in the game so STOP looking at it like you're buying MK9 twice, when you're not.

Last edited:
I would probably buy it, but I'd also still be pissed off that NRS is pulling Capcom-esque shit on their fans.

I'd be annoyed if NRS followed Capcom's shoes. I hate they are doing that to MvC3 and will not buy the new one. But not that big on MvC anyways.

I would most likely give in, I love MK too much to let my anger hold me back lol. The only thing they will not get me to buy is guest characters. But if they did something like this... yea i'd cave in i am sure of it lol

it depends for me
yes if it would be downloadable and cheaper for those who bought mk9 already
no if you have to buy a new disc at $40 or more

I would probably buy it, but I'd also still be pissed off that NRS is pulling Capcom-esque shit on their fans.

Who cares about that. Its about getting more for our money. If u bought all of this through DLC, you would spend over $100

1.6-10 kharacters would be $30-50
2.$10 for skins
3.Brutalities for all kharacters would be at least 1200 pts $15
4.Game modes $5
5.$5
6.FREE
7.FREE
8.10 fatalities would probably be $10-15
9.FREE
10.FREE
11.3-5 new stages would probably be at least $10
12.FREE

add all those together its $85-110. SO again, who cares about how many games they release as long as they offer enough content so its worth it and this would be well worth it

Who cares about that. Its about getting more for our money. If u bought all of this through DLC, you would spend over $100t

Clearly I care about it. It isn't as much about the money as it is the principle of the thing.

I'd be annoyed if NRS followed Capcom's shoes. I hate they are doing that to MvC3 and will not buy the new one. But not that big on MvC anyways.

I would most likely give in, I love MK too much to let my anger hold me back lol. The only thing they will not get me to buy is guest characters. But if they did something like this... yea i'd cave in i am sure of it lol

NRS has done it before. UMK3. MK Trilogy. MK Gold. MK Deception Gamecube. MK Unchained.

I wouldn't mind a UMK9 as long as they give new content: stages, -alities, krypt videos, more story mode, costumes, playable/balanced bosses for tourney play, Cyber Smoke, selectable klassic versions of characters (like klassic smoke having spear/teleport, klassic sub-zero having an ice shower, klassic reptile having sub-zero and scorpion moves). And also I would want them to omit Kratos and Freddy from it as well, or at least give an option to turn off guest characters entirely in the menu so you don't have to encounter them at all.

Clearly I care about it. It isn't as much about the money as it is the principle of the thing.

Agreed, its more of the idea that they knew they wanted to add X amount of features but went ahead, stopped at like a 70% mark and sold the unfinished game, just to add the rest later and resell it opposed to just waiting for the finished game.

1.6-10 more kharacters other than DLC
Depends on the characters...

2.Bunch more skins
Depends on the skins... I really only want MK2 Sub-Zero. =p

3.Brutalities since they already started them and didnt have time to finish
No.

4.Vs CPU and Survivor/Endurance modes were also started but didnt have time to finish
Don't care for Survivor/Endurance, but Vs CPU is welcome, although I wouldn't buy it just for that.

5.300 more challenges since their original goal was 600-1000
No way.

6.Expand the fatality trainer to ALL finishing moves,even babalities
Seriously? Does it matter?

7.Online replays
I don't care.

8.A decent selection of klassic fatalities
Nope.

9.Made bosses playable offline only to keep online balanced
Nooooo...

10.Let us morph with more than one kharacter with Shang Tsung offline only to keep online balanced
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

11.3-5 new stages and add stage fatalities to the Bell Tower and Goro's Lair
Fatality for Goro's Lair? And by asking that I mean No.

12.Better netcode
You wish...

So yeah, no, I won't buy it, unless it turns out REALLY awesome.

lets hope NRS never lowers themselves to that shit.

honestly, these re-releases capcom always do worked back in the day,now there is alot more room on a disk than a cartidge, and people were still unfamiliar with the way companies were ripping them off back then. Now Capcoms excuse is its out of "Tradition" to keep making re-releases. Whatever, its still a big waste of time and money for all of us.

and UMK3 was only made cause MK3 was rushed and nowhere near complete as it should have been. It was rushed becuase they were taking advantage of MK's short yet massive popularity at the time.

MK9 is not rushed or incomplete, so no need for this

I'd definitely buy it. But I'd rather have animalities than brutalities. No to shang tsung morphing into whoever. And no to playable bosses. But the rest sounds dope.

Agreed, its more of the idea that they knew they wanted to add X amount of features but went ahead, stopped at like a 70% mark and sold the unfinished game, just to add the rest later and resell it opposed to just waiting for the finished game.

Clearly u know nothing about making games. They already worked on MK9 for 2 years. It cost alot of time and money to make a game. They gave themselves an extra few months to polish MK9 more. They had to stop and polish what they had,sell the game to make money and then they could work on the next game. You cant just keep putting off a game until you get every known feature that everyone wants in the game. It cost MILLIONS to make a game.

Capcom is losing supporters with this tactic but if they gave out a ton of content in every new release (which they don't btw) than more people would be on board. I would by this if it ever came out but ultimate mvc3 is a BIG NO NO!